Deer Creek Principal

28 Apr 2014 20:04 #31 by Cathy_Lee
Replied by Cathy_Lee on topic Deer Creek Principal
It wasn't your question, Gramma. It was the guy bringing the latest IRS story into this.

Was any letter sent home with parents when the principal was placed on paid leave?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Apr 2014 20:39 #32 by swansei
Replied by swansei on topic Deer Creek Principal
No one put words in your mouth. You started the thread out with innuendo and no facts whatsoever. Now you try to backpedal. From reading others threads here, it is seems to be a pattern.

Didn't someone already point out that personnel issues aren't in the public purview and yet you yammer on about issues that we don't have any way of knowing. Didn't Superintendent Walpole tell you when he spoke with you it was a personnel issue?

And since there have been some issues in the past meetings per your link, are they related to the DCE Principal or perhaps someone else? We have no way of knowing.

If you want to change it, go to a Board meeting. All you conjecture and innuendo about the Principal has been just that. Pure conjecture. For all we know the janitor may be on administrative leave and if it is a personnel issue then we will never know will we.

Now why not call the Superintendent again or the Board and ask whether a person may be put on admin leave in executive session? Wouldn't that provide a more accurate source of information instead of more conjecture here?

frogger wrote:
Interesting.....I inserted the article as an example of the district not doing it's due diligence in regards to the hiring of certain individuals. Orcutt isn't the first.
YOU made the jump to something worse.
Don't put words in my mouth. I am perfectly able of speaking clearly and distinctly.
A principal was placed on admin leave for almost two weeks. No information was provided to parents of students.
The Board entered into Executive Session on 5 occasions to discuss personnel issues. 3 of those 5 sessions were in April.
I see no where in the regular minutes of the one and only regular meeting on 4/14/14 where any action is mentioned.
Can you place an individual on admin leave in an executive session or do you need to do that in a regular session?
Just one of the many questions I have.

edited to add link to minutes of Special Session Board Meetings

http://www.edline.net/pages/Platte_Cany ... chive/2014

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

28 Apr 2014 20:44 #33 by swansei
Replied by swansei on topic Deer Creek Principal
This person provided the information on page 1 of this thread.

Ashley wrote: Thanks. Glad to know there doesn't need to be any factual basis for discussion. A grandchild may attend next year so that makes it all the more reason to ask. How about we wait until there are some facts not rumor.

I have children who attend DCE and we have not been advised of anything to date. Does that satisfy your need to know?

Cathy_Lee wrote:
Was any letter sent home with parents when the principal was placed on paid leave?

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

28 Apr 2014 21:24 #34 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Deer Creek Principal

Mtn Gramma wrote:

Cathy_Lee wrote: Can we please stay on the subject of this particular principal and not another principal or teacher or the IRS? Getting to the IRS, we're just a step away from tying in Benghazi, which I was joking about before.

I've found people are suspended with pay because the entity needs to investigate something they are not sure happened the way it was brought to their attention. They presume their employee is innocent until proven guilty. It's an American thing. Some of you should try it sometime.

I might feel differently about this if the principal had been suspended and then terminated. He's already back at work. IF you're still interested in this, I'd suggest attending the next PTA meeting. Oh, the Flume never returned my call.

Please excuse my question - sorry I upset you.

Don't sweat it. I believe OT and tangents are ok here. It might even be in the TOS.

28 Apr 2014 21:50 - 25 May 2014 12:28 #35 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Deer Creek Principal
LOL.... Even more interesting that you would quote the resident troll here. Perhaps a bit more homework might be in order for you.

Anyone have any info on the situation at Deer Creek Elementary and whether the Principal is on Admin leave?

It was a simple question.

con·jec·ture
kənˈjekCHər/
noun
noun: conjecture; plural noun: conjectures

an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.
verb

noun
noun: innuendo; plural noun: innuendoes; plural noun: innuendos

an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.

Where is the conjecture and innuendo?

No back tracking here.
He was put on admin leave for nearly 2 weeks. FACT

If you don't like the dialog, don't participate.
I did ask questions. I called the Superintendents office.
I have tried to obtain information without success.
I found the good Dr's response to be arrogant and less than helpful.
I will continue to seek answers in any manner I choose whether you like it or not.
I will continue to address how issues are handled in a school district my family attends.
I am not someone who doesn't put their money where their mouth is.
It is wrong to not at least treat parents with the respect they deserve.
We trust these people with our most cherished loved ones.
We deserve better than this.

28 Apr 2014 23:12 #36 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Deer Creek Principal
In my experience, people aren't put on administrative leave for being an excellent employee.

28 Apr 2014 23:53 #37 by FOS

Mtn Gramma wrote: In my experience, people aren't put on administrative leave for being an excellent employee.

:like:

29 Apr 2014 07:38 #38 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Deer Creek Principal
If it was some guy filling potholes, it would make more sense to heep his private life private, but someone who is responsible for hundreds of teachers and students? I think more visibility is better.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Apr 2014 08:14 #39 by FOS
Well said Fred.
These are our children. We have every right to know, within reason, who and what they are dealing with each day.
I can envision a lot of scenarios in which this is no big deal and all they have to do is say so but their blatant silence leaves one to wonder about just how serious this might have been.
Communication is key to keeping that bond of trust.
There has to be some common ground here.
If a Principal was wrongly accused of something and found to be cleared of any wrong doing.....Just say so.
I don't need to know all
the details but I do want some assurance that all is well at DCES.
Just sayin'
I will attend a school board meeting. I will continue to seek answers.
And CL......Does it bother you that the very publication responsible for keeping a community informed would not return your calls? Bothers me a bit.
Silence breeds mistrust.

29 Apr 2014 09:21 #40 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Deer Creek Principal
Please tell me frogger how do you know he was put on admin leave for nearly two weeks? Beeks if I recall said that he was, but show me the proof that it wasn't Personal Leave followed by Admin Leave. Superintendent Walpole, according to what you wrote, didn't say it, so how exactly do you know it is fact?

You want respect, yet you treat so many with utter disrespect. Look who started the 'Defend your Position' thread and calls anyone who disagrees with you a liar. And look at your responses in this thread. 'Ok, Sybil'.

Please go the Board Meetings or write a letter to them and voice your opinion in a respectful manner and maybe you will get that in return. The School Board has policies they follow and your responses here clearly show your lack of respect.

frogger wrote:
No back tracking here.
He was put on admin leave for nearly 2 weeks. FACT

If you don't like the dialog, don't participate.
I did ask questions. I called the Superintendents office.
I have tried to obtain information without success.
I found the good Dr's response to be arrogant and less than helpful.
I will continue to seek answers in any manner I choose whether you like it or not.
I will continue to address how issues are handled in a school district my family attends.
I am not someone who does put their money where their mouth is.
It is wrong to not at least treat parents with the respect they deserve.
We trust these people with our most cherished loved ones.
We deserve better than this.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds