Deer Creek Principal

29 Apr 2014 10:45 #41 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Deer Creek Principal
One Word......Troll

I show respect to those who deserve it and earn it.
My conversation with the Super was respectful.
His was aloof and condescending...(IMO) (Much like yours is)
Just as you make assumptions about everything else here, you do not know the context of the situation or conversation.
Once again....I will pursue this until there are answers. (Like it or not)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Apr 2014 12:11 #42 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Deer Creek Principal
How about you start with respect and you will get respect. Antagonizing everyone and then deciding who deserves it or earns it is hardly a worthwhile approach.

I have talked with Superintendent Walpole before and he has always been respectful. Maybe he couldn't say anything other than the standard protocol that he says to anyone who asks. Show up to a Board Meeting and mention it if you think he is condescending. Do you ever have praise for anyone? Look at the recent incident that you wrote about with the fast food place, Sonic http://mymountaintown.com/forums/the-campfire/31644 . Perhaps reflecting on your own behavior and how you manage to escalate situations would be in order.

frogger wrote: One Word......Troll

I show respect to those who deserve it and earn it.
My conversation with the Super was respectful.
His was aloof and condescending...(IMO) (Much like yours is)
Just as you make assumptions about everything else here, you do not know the context of the situation or conversation.
Once again....I will pursue this until there are answers. (Like it or not)

29 Apr 2014 12:45 #43 by FOS
Antagonizing "everyone"?

Here we go with that projection issue you have again.
Who spends the vast majority of their time antagonizing people here?
What a joke!

30 Apr 2014 08:42 #44 by FOS
I received a very polite call today from the district apologizing for not getting back to me sooner.
I expressed my concern that parents do have a right to at least a limited amount of information in regards to what is going on at their public school.
I was told that the staff was well aware of the situation from the very beginning but was told that parents were not informed of the Boards decisions to place the Principal on admin leave.
My response was that communication is the key to trust. Though parents may not need to know all the details....they should at least be made aware that a decision was made to place an employee on admin leave.
Silence on the issue allows the imagination to run.
I hope they will reconsider their decision and at least provide parents with some information.
It is not my intention to defame anyone but it is my intention to hopefully open communication between the district and parents.

30 Apr 2014 09:54 #45 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Deer Creek Principal
Thank you for the update. I hope this won't set you off, with some more abusive Sybil responses, but may I suggest that you follow up with a letter. Phone calls seem to get lost and not acted upon. From your post it seems you gave them an opinion and one way to make sure it doesn't get lost is to send a copy of your conversation and opinion to the School Board which is the appropriate place to lodge complaints or concerns rather than with innuendo on a website. That is how it appeared to me.

frogger wrote: I received a very polite call today from the district apologizing for not getting back to me sooner.
I expressed my concern that parents do have a right to at least a limited amount of information in regards to what is going on at their public school.
I was told that the staff was well aware of the situation from the very beginning but was told that parents were not informed of the Boards decisions to place the Principal on admin leave.
My response was that communication is the key to trust. Though parents may not need to know all the details....they should at least be made aware that a decision was made to place an employee on admin leave.
Silence on the issue allows the imagination to run.
I hope they will reconsider their decision and at least provide parents with some information.
It is not my intention to defame anyone but it is my intention to hopefully open communication between the district and parents.

30 Apr 2014 13:20 #46 by FOS
With all due respect.......I am a grown up and know exactly how to handle grown up situations like this.
Thanks for the advice though.

30 Apr 2014 20:32 #47 by swansei
Replied by swansei on topic Deer Creek Principal
Difficult to tell frogger from your posts in this thread.

frogger wrote: With all due respect.......I am a grown up and know exactly how to handle grown up situations like this.
Thanks for the advice though.

And from another thread. Now who is the one who called another person Sybil when that poster didn't agree with your POV? And has anyone said anything about businesses including yours in any of these posts? Who started this thread with all its innuendo when there was a more appropriate way to respond? Perhaps you should look at yourself before you go on a tirade about anyone else.

frogger wrote: I couldn't agree more.
The only harassment that exist here is from those very individuals who continually rehash old news.
They harass members here who disagree with their POV. They attack their businesses and cause real harm to the community overall.
Your right.....every community has a handful of crack posts who will complain about everything. Misery really does love company.
I am torn between posting at the risk of being personally attacked and have a great company trasdhed for no reason with my desire to just not let people like this win.
These folks (or maybe just one) are cyber bullies. They don't have the courage of their convictions to stand up behind an anonymous (ever changing nic) and stand behind their beliefs with their good name.
That is just plain chicken %@$& to me.
I am tired of the rehashing of something that has been settled by a court and a community.
SC....I got to hand it to you.......you are far more gracious and even handed than myself.
I would have banned these @sshats a long time ago for their attempt to discredit you, members who disagree or harm this community and the businesses that serve it any further.

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

30 Apr 2014 20:40 #48 by FOS
its confirmed now...Thanks

03 May 2014 09:23 #49 by Nobody that matters
Here's another view...Purely hypothetical. If a parent makes an accusation the district has an obligation to investigate. The accused is put on administrative leave during that investigation. The accused is found innocent and the accuser apologizes for the wild accusation. The accused returns to work.

If the accusation had been made public, it would have stained the reputation of the accused permanently even though it was shown to be false and retracted.

Silence is the right of the accused in situations like this. The district is supposed to have the safety of the kids in mind, thus the administrative leave. In order to protect everyone involved until the facts come to light, the public must have patience. Your right to know does not ever trump the accused person's right to privacy.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

15 May 2014 17:08 #50 by Cathy_Lee
Replied by Cathy_Lee on topic Deer Creek Principal
Did we ever get to the bottom of this? Why was the Deer Creek principal on administrative leave for two weeks?

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds