Hwy 285 Road Conditions

25 Dec 2014 20:16 #11 by MountainTownAlerts
From Christy Martin:
Only one lane plowed on 285 between C470 & Parmalee (that's where I turn off!). Fairly, the plows couldn't get to the right lane due to all the spin outs. There must have been at least 15 an hour ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Dec 2014 20:19 #12 by MountainTownAlerts
From Mindy Hanson 6 min ago:
Avoid WB 285. Glad we have food, water, blankets and lots of gas. Moving very slowly.
Attachments:

25 Dec 2014 21:04 #14 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Parmalee Gulch marks the end of the bad stuff, as long as you don't have to sit behind vehicles driving down the center of the road instead of picking a lane that is. I truly don't understand why folks do that. Pick a lane and drive in it for crying out loud. I must have followed one Jeep 5 miles with my right tire in their left tire tracks before reaching a spot where I could get around them. If you want to spend 2+ hours getting home that's fine, just don't make me spend 2+ hours of my time getting home too.

25 Dec 2014 22:25 #15 by otisptoadwater
Thanks for the updates! I count myself fortunate in not having to be out on the roads anytime soon.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

26 Dec 2014 08:30 #16 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Wife left Bailey for UCH at 5:10 AM. Made it to Morrison Road and C470 at 6:20. Made it to UCH by 7:30.

I left for Evergreen at 7:10 and made it there by 7:50.

Roads are a bit snowpacked but cleared (WAY TO GO CDOT AND JEFFCO!!) and also vacant of most traffic. Evergreen surface streets are a bit dicey.

Would have been a nice day to staty home or play in the snow.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>
The following user(s) said Thank You: MountainTownAlerts

26 Dec 2014 09:04 #17 by MountainTownAlerts
Email from a member:
Stay off the roads! We just came down the hill [at 7:00a] and it was an ice skating rink. - between windy point and 470 is awful - Morrison was the worst part - they got more snow than we did

26 Dec 2014 20:57 #18 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Has anyone traveled 285 tonight from C470 to Conifer and/or 285 to 160/Wolf Creek? Two people have asked on the My Mountain Town Facebook page just now. Thanks!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Dec 2014 07:37 #19 by MountainTownAlerts
Snow is sticking to the highway in Conifer & Bailey.

View from Haley's Closet webcam at 5:40am and 7:00am

Aspen Peak Cellars view at 5:40am and 7:00am
Attachments:

29 Dec 2014 10:13 #20 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Believe it or not 285 is better in Parkco than Jeffco and it's snowing harder the farther south you go.

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds