Hwy 285 Road Conditions

25 Feb 2015 16:33 #41 by MountainTownAlerts
Per Mari on our Facebook page: Driving up 285 now, icy and low visibility. Please drive cautiously and leave extra distance! BTW I'm a passenger so I'm NOT texting and driving!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2015 20:26 #42 by MountainTownAlerts
Per eyewitness: Lots of cars blocking the right lane after you pass C470. Cars sliding. It opens up again before Morrison.

25 Feb 2015 20:38 #43 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
An important, thoughtful reminder I received as a message. Posting with permission:
Hello Sharon. I just wanted to pass this along.. in times like this bad weather. People get in a hurry and upset with other drivers. They, we all think someone should be going faster, slower or what ever people complain about.. I have a son. This is his first year driving in the snow with out me.. And I would rather him drive slower and have his and everyone else's life matter. As I was coming home from the store tonight at Richmond hill it was bad.. but as we got down the hill to realize one car was going 5 mph I was like are you kidding me.. And as I said those words.. I then realized that could be some one else child and I relaxed and enjoyed my safe ride home.. Just my words of thouhht . I didn't know if I could just post this. Hope you can pass it along.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Feb 2015 21:08 - 25 Feb 2015 21:11 #44 by MountainTownAlerts

MountainTownAlerts wrote: Per eyewitness: Lots of cars blocking the right lane after you pass C470. Cars sliding. It opens up again before Morrison.

Heard on the scanner a bit ago that it is still like a parking lot between C470 and Hwy 8.

From previous eyewitness who's made it further up the road: Richmond Hill/Fire Station is just snow-packed. Does look like the plows got to it awhile ago but starting to build back up again. No traffic back ups.

Edit to add: another comment on our Facebook page:
Just got home in burland. 1.5 hrs from C470.

25 Mar 2015 10:26 #45 by MountainTownAlerts
Inter-Canyon Fire Protection District just tweeted that Hwy 285 is slick in spots so please take it slow and move over for emergency vehicles.

17 Apr 2015 07:09 #46 by MountainTownAlerts
From Mari on our Facebook Page:
285 is a sheet of ice! Please slow down and keep extra distance! Safe travels everyone.

01 May 2015 16:56 #47 by MountainTownAlerts
Per MissChris on our Facebook Page: We just came up 285 & a little past windy Point into Conifer there must be 2-3"s of hail on the roads, making them very slick & slushy. There is a 4 car accident northbound lane across from King Soopers. Please drive slow & careful! ~MissChris

www.facebook.com/MyMountainTown/posts/987792491231778

07 May 2015 06:33 - 07 May 2015 06:35 #50 by MountainTownAlerts
Jayson Luber of Denver Channel 7 tagged us with this message this morning on Twitter:

Jayson Luber (@7NewsTraffic) 5/7/15, 5:54 AM
Windy point on Hwy 285 could be renamed foggy point this morning. @MyMountainTown pic.twitter.com/rblTMNpDAI

It's great of him to think of us & tag us in the Tweet - if you ever have a chance to converse with him, please tell him thanks for that-we truly appreciate it!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.873 seconds