Hwy 285 Road Conditions

08 Jan 2016 05:38 #61 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Roads heading into Denver are currently slushy and snowpacked. The narrows were fairly slick. Saw a couple of slide offs as well.

Keep the speeds down and you should be ok this morning!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2016 20:27 #62 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Just got home from a 285 Winterfest planning meeting in Conifer. Please be careful out there - saw two cars slid off the road at Windy Point and Meyer Ranch. It's dry down in town, but the roads start to get snowy and icy before Windy Point and are slicker than they appear. Plows are out spraying, but it's already down to 20 degrees in Conifer.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Jan 2016 20:49 #63 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Amy posted on our Facebook page that "126 into Pine was also super slick."

Drive safe everyone!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Mar 2016 07:03 #64 by MountainTownAlerts
The roads are snow-packed and slick, several slide-offs reported including multiple cars crashed into each other on 47 just above the 43/47 split where the "Dangerous Curves, Hidden Driveways" sign is. Please be careful, take it slower, and give yourself extra time to get where you're going. We want you all safe! :)

Hwy 285 webcams: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
I-70/Hwy73/74 webcams: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic/i-70-...-golden-to-evergreen
The following user(s) said Thank You: CarieG

31 Mar 2016 16:06 - 31 Mar 2016 16:08 #65 by MountainTownAlerts
Snow is accumulating from C470 up through Turkey Creek Canyon. Mostly wet beyond that, but that could change depending upon how well the plows keep up. This is heading NB but it looks the same going SB. Traction laws are in effect from CO 8 to Pine Junction .
mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic

Attachments:

16 Apr 2016 07:35 #66 by MountainTownAlerts
Per CSP Golden ‏@CSP_Golden 3 minutes ago
ALERT: Accident alert in effect for Jefferson County.

We are serious about traction & chain laws on I70 & H285. Please don't put yourself or others @ risk without proper tires/chains.

Roadways are slick and conditions will get even more dangerous. PLEASE limit travel today.

Hwy 285 CDOT Tinytown:

Highway 285 at Windy Point

in Jefferson

Our My Mountain Town webcam at Evergreen Mountain Village

sponsored by EV Studio
Attachments:

17 Nov 2016 14:20 #67 by MountainTownAlerts
Hearing reports that Hwy 285 is very slick and there are multiple cars off the road, especially at Richmond Hill. Please be careful heading home. mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Windy Point webcam:

CDOT Tiny Town exit looking toward Parmalee Gulch

CDOT Shaffer's Crossing
Attachments:

17 Nov 2016 15:43 #68 by MountainTownAlerts
Per residents: Shadow Mtn down to 73 to Barkley to conifer Road is treacherous and N Turkey Creek is closed. The snow plow on N Turkey Creek is having trouble with his sander, trying their best to get sand laid down.

07 Dec 2016 06:44 #69 by Mountain-News-Events
Looks snow covered and will be slippery. Please take your time driving this morning!
CDOT Kings Valley:

CDOT Tiny Town:

My Mountain Town Windy Point

My Mountain Town Downtown Evergreen:

My Mountain Town Bailey (Rustic Station):

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

07 Dec 2016 07:37 - 07 Dec 2016 07:54 #70 by Mountain-News-Events

Photos courtesy of Robert Jones:

I-70 EB at El Rancho

I-70 EB at Genesee

I-70 WB at Evergreen Pkwy

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds