Hwy 285 Road Conditions

14 Oct 2018 10:24 #101 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT says snow and wet in areas for the road conditions on 285 from Pine Junction to C470. Here are some of the webcam views from us and CDOT at this moment: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Hwy 285 at C470

Parmalee Gulch/Turkey Creek Canyon

0.6 mi north of N Turkey Creek

Windy Point

MMT Windy Point overlook

MMT webcam at IMHS in Pine Junction

0.2mi N of CR 60

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2018 09:04 #102 by MountainTownAlerts
Attachments:

30 Oct 2018 18:24 #103 by MountainTownAlerts
Hearing that it's very slick at the top of Richmond Hill on 285, traffic is backed up there.

CDOT webcam at Windy Point

Little Britches Boutique in Conifer

Aspen Peak Cellars in Bailey

Hwy 285 0.2mi N of CR 60

30 Oct 2018 19:00 #104 by MountainTownAlerts
LE asking CDOT crews to hit Hwy 73 from 285 to Conifer High School because it’s super slick through that stretch.

30 Oct 2018 20:41 #105 by MountainTownAlerts
Per Tammy Bishop: 285 is icy from Shawnee to Jefferson. Southbound Traffic backed up when I went through 2 hours ago with trucks and 2 cars in the ditch. Can’t imagine that conditions have improved.
www.facebook.com/MyMountainTown/posts/22...notif_t=feed_comment

31 Oct 2018 04:16 - 31 Oct 2018 04:17 #106 by MountainTownAlerts
Per Skylar Short, 2 min ago, Harris Park Community group:
43/47 not plowed at all. Snow packed all the way through conifer then icy slushy and slickery until Denver. Stay safe and take it slow.

31 Oct 2018 06:12 #107 by ConradFam
Replied by ConradFam on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Thank you for the update! I live about 6 miles off of 43 before getting to 285. I am going to wait a bit to go in to work.

31 Oct 2018 06:13 #108 by MountainTownAlerts
Per Anita Lizzi, 1 hour ago:
Just drove Pine to Golden... here's my road update. At 3a this morning Pine Junction to top of Richmond Hill was very slick with about 2-3" snow/slush on the highway, 27*. Richmond Hill to Conifer was about an inch of wet snow/slush on roads that were definitely slick but not near as bad as 1st stretch (Pine/Richmond Hill). Conifer to Windy Point mostly slush and wet, beyond Windy Point just wet. 285/C470 hardly any snow (snow only visible as a dusting over grass), 34*, and roads were just wet. It took me 1 hour, normally takes me 40 minutes. Saw 4 plows, all headed South (up the hill), none heading North (down the hill). Hope this helps!!

31 Oct 2018 08:02 #109 by MountainTownAlerts
Per Kathy Wagner 2 mins ago:
Just drove down. Wet in Aspen Park and onward down the mountain. Slushy and icy in areas southbound of Aspen Park.

Marci McGarvey 17 mins ago:
1:15 from Shawnee to 2nd & Union.
Typical slushy drive. Everyone was paying attention and playing nice. No accidents, slide offs!! Nice drive.

Pam Finn 22 mins ago:
My husband left early and has driven Hwy 285 from Doubleheader Ranch Road / Windy Point and he was at University when I checked in with him. He said the roads were slippery until you get to Turkey Creek and down the Mountain they are just wet. People are driving speeds of 35-40mph up here. (He commutes to I-25 and Dry Creek-Jeppesen every day.) Hope everyone has a safe day! Happy Halloween!

Carrie Laraia: 26 mins ago:
Just got to Denver, busses are running, mostly slushy with some slick spots between Harris Park to Aspen Park PnR. After that I was on the bus so I stopped paying attention, be safe everyone. Happy All Hallows Eve.

Debbie Falkner 31 mins ago:
Daughter just called, 285 is slushy, especially through the canyon.

Per Marj Oliver 1 hour ago:
Bailey to Denver mostly okay with some packed spots; Windy Point was the worst with snow coming down still and some slick spots for some, and just variable conditions all up and down as usual. Just watch out for the slow ones; saw lots of people pretty scared of these changing road conditions, even when we got near C-470 and nothing but wet road. It’s a learning curve and we’re just beginning the year.

31 Oct 2018 08:44 #110 by MountainTownAlerts
Haunani Roark 10 mins ago:
I drive from Jefferson(Stagestop) to Denver. 77 to 285 is not plowed and is icy, with snow tires though, just got slow and you’re fine. From Jefferson to Bailey Loaf and Jug, just got slow, it’s been plowed but it’s icy. Snow tires are required or chains in some parts. From Bailey in to Denver, it’s been plowed but still covered with slush.

Time to create page: 0.649 seconds