Hwy 285 Road Conditions

29 Dec 2014 10:40 #21 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Bailey to Evergreen not to bad you are not going to go 60 mph but the roads are plowed and when I came over sanded in the bad spots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swansei

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2015 14:06 - 03 Jan 2015 14:09 #22 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Hearing that Hwy 285 is getting slick with multiple cars getting stuck at Windy Point. Might want to stay home if you can.

mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

03 Jan 2015 14:42 #23 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Hubby just came back from Safeway and while snowing hard he said that the road was not too bad.

We got about 2 inches of snow at the house in about an hour then the sun came out and now it is just cloudy.

Crazy weather.

03 Jan 2015 18:10 #24 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
This just happened in the last few hours per 9News. Worried about a couple people I know. Damn it's slick out on those roads. Wife still needs to drive home from work @ 50th & Washington!
www.9news.com/story/weather/2015/01/03/c...nt-closure/21237239/

"The first crash happened at around 2:45 p.m. on southbound 285 at Doubleheader Ranch Road. Police say a man stopped to offer aid to a vehicle involved in that accident, but was struck by a northbound vehicle that crossed into the southbound lanes."

03 Jan 2015 18:20 #25 by otisptoadwater
Sounds bad. I ventured out earlier today to make the standard replenishment runs. Got back to the Cave around 1445 and it was starting to come down, around 1800 I looked out the window and I wondered if I was living inside a snow globe!

Best wishes for a safe journey home to all who have to be out driving around the 285 corridor tonight!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jekyll

05 Jan 2015 15:19 #27 by ScienceChic
Just FYI, Hwy 285 is OPEN between Pine Junction and Grant. There was some confusion because CDOT has listed on their Road Conditions page that it's closed, but there's no confirmation on the Travel Alerts page where they put closures, nor did they tweet/email that info. I confirmed with them that it is open, and one of our Facebook members said her parents just drove from Evergreen to Bailey and the roads were fine. CDOT did reply to her and say:
"Looks like from Pine Jct to Bailey, there is a high wind advisory and no light or empty high profile vehicles are allowed." So if you have one of those vehicles types, you may not want to risk it.

Here's the view at IMHS:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

12 Jan 2015 16:52 #28 by ScienceChic
Really foggy for your drive home through Conifer, clears up as you head toward Kings Valley and Pine Junction.
Conifer Marketplace - Knit Knook, CTI, CE Snow & Ice webcam:

Conifer Towne Center - Aspen Perk Cafe

Elk Creek Fire at Richmond Hill

IMHS in Pine Junction

Attachments:

21 Jan 2015 08:47 #29 by ScienceChic
Has anyone traveled 73 yet this morning? One of our Facebook members is wondering.

Thanks!

21 Jan 2015 09:54 #30 by mountaindollar
Yes, it is ok there are a few slick spots it is not snowing as hard in Evergreen so the closer you get the better it is.

Time to create page: 0.642 seconds