Hwy 285 Road Conditions

01 Feb 2015 09:55 #31 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Simone Meyer posted this message to our Facebook page 30min ago:

My husband is on the way down the hill. He said the roads are BAD. He almost got hit on 73 right by our house when someone went out of control, there's another car in the ditch on 73 and several cars on the side of the road at windy point. Please slow down and drive safely!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2015 05:57 #32 by ScienceChic
Per @VickyEvansTV: The worst conditions are in the foothills. Snowy & icy! Truckers need chains I-70 & 285 west of C-470. t.co/0uvozIUVyN

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Feb 2015 06:30 #33 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
Roads have heavy slush in areas, people aren't driving to conditions. I got thru before the accident, but definitely give yourself more time. Much better once you reach C470, but still slush in lanes and splashback. Keep it slow.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

11 Feb 2015 06:45 #34 by MountainTownAlerts
Thank you RenegadeCJ.

Per @ICFPD 2 minutes ago: Road conditions are slick across Hwy 285 between Parmalee and Aspen Park Slow down and arrive safely at work this morning
Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

11 Feb 2015 09:32 #35 by ScienceChic
Courtney posted this on our Facebook page:
The way things look from Carreta Vieja. The accident is just ahead. One vehicle on its side. Everyone appears OK.

Attachments:

16 Feb 2015 07:14 #36 by ScienceChic
Anyone been out on the roads yet this morning? I'm wondering whether I should reschedule a 9am meeting. Thanks!

16 Feb 2015 08:34 #37 by ScienceChic
Just heard a comment on the scanner that the highway around the Conifer area is much better than down in the city. I went ahead and rescheduled my 9am anyway. Everyone be safe who has to head out today!

16 Feb 2015 08:45 #38 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Hwy 285 Road Conditions
The roads vary all over the place. It was snowpacked, and some slush this morning early, then got a little better. As lots of vehicles hit the roads though, the bad drivers came out with them. Accidents all over.

Just keep it slow and you will get where you are going, but listen to the traffic on the radio...so you know where to avoid!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

16 Feb 2015 08:49 #39 by ScienceChic
Posted on our Facebook Page :
Husband drove to Lakewood from Shadow Mountain on 285 at 6:30 a.m. Said it wasn't bad - just have to take it slow since it is "winter driving conditions" (he always says this because he doesn't get twisted up by a foot of snow) He says those driving too fast are the ones having problems. Said its much worse down in Lakewood with icy conditions. Took him an hour or so.

16 Feb 2015 09:03 #40 by ScienceChic
Another comment on our Faccebook Page:
i drove from Bailey to office @ C470 / Santa Fe. Left home about 6:00. Was able to drive between 40 - 50 on 285. Traffic backed up on C470. took me about 1.5 hr to make 45 minuted drive.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds