Our Facebook Page!

23 Jul 2010 07:55 #131 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Our Facebook Page!
New update: We're up to 230 fans on Facebook!

If you're on Facebook, "Like" 285Bound and get the local forecast and other interesting tidbits in your Facebook feed every day!

http://www.facebook.com/285Bound

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jul 2010 08:17 #132 by Wayne Harrison
Our 285Bound Facebook page is now up to 246 fans!

That's almost twice as many as any other local website's Facebook page. (coughpinecam cough) :thumbsup:

Find it at: http://www.facebook.com/285Bound

Become and fan and get the daily forecast every morning, along with links to interesting photos and stories. :popcorn:

30 Jul 2010 08:19 #133 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Our Facebook Page!
We need some of those great FB pics on the forum. The Elk pics were amazing.

30 Jul 2010 08:28 #134 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Our Facebook Page!

Wayne Harrison wrote: Our 285Bound Facebook page is now up to 246 fans!

That's almost twice as many as any other local website's Facebook page. (coughpinecam cough) :thumbsup:

Find it at: http://www.facebook.com/285Bound

Become and fan and get the daily forecast every morning, along with links to interesting photos and stories. :popcorn:

I love the percentages. On 285Bound we have 540 members and 246 people who like it on Facebook, (over 45%) compared to another random site of 13000+ members and only 129 who like it. (less than 1%) Speaks volumes!

30 Jul 2010 08:41 #135 by Wayne Harrison
Well, I think a big part of that is not just putting up a Facebook page because another website did and than letting it sit because nobody knows what to do with it or why it's there. Of course, having a senior management person proclaim they'd rather eat ground glass than get on Facebook might tend to turn FB users off.

30 Jul 2010 08:52 #136 by The Viking
Good point. We need to have a thread for all our favorite quotes from another unmenitoned site. It will keep us laughing for hours. Like we feel this thread has run it course. I still have never figured that one out. If it did then it will just fade away. If people are still talking on it then I guess it realy hasn't right?

30 Jul 2010 08:55 #137 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Our Facebook Page!

Wayne Harrison wrote: Well, I think a big part of that is not just putting up a Facebook page because another website did and then letting it sit because nobody knows what to do with it or why it's there. Of course, having a senior management person proclaim they'd rather eat ground glass than get on Facebook might tend to turn FB users off.

And worms. Don't forget the worms. :lol:

30 Jul 2010 10:21 #138 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Our Facebook Page!
Yeah, how silly...

Searchable Facebook user data posted to Pirate Bay

LAS VEGAS--A researcher has compiled a list of more than 170 million Facebook users and the Web address of their profile page on the site and released it on a file-sharing site, meaning it is making the rounds of thousands of computers instead of just being accessible via a search on Facebook.

Ron Bowes wrote a script to download all Facebook profiles listed in the social network's public profile directory, which only includes people who have configured their settings for Public Search Listings to be available on Facebook.

In a blog post earlier this week on Skull Security , Bowes said he downloaded information on 171 million Facebook users, roughly one third of the estimated total of 500 million. (The Skull Security site was inaccessible Thursday morning, but a cached version showed the contents.)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20012 ... ostPopular

30 Jul 2010 10:25 #139 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Our Facebook Page!
Whoo hoo - then this means my page for my work will get seen, and so will 285Bound!

I know, some people will see this as a bad thing - so then they should have had their main pages set to private and friends only, and so forth. But for businesses, it's a great thing.

30 Jul 2010 10:56 #140 by The Viking

Local_Historian wrote: Whoo hoo - then this means my page for my work will get seen, and so will 285Bound!

I know, some people will see this as a bad thing - so then they should have had their main pages set to private and friends only, and so forth. But for businesses, it's a great thing.

I totally agree. It is only those who have something to hide who are complaining about this.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds