Deleting my PC account!?!?!

03 Jun 2010 08:29 #31 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Deleting my PC account!?!?!

pchistory wrote: Such a sad, distorted view of reality.

You're speaking of the left, or the right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2010 08:33 #32 by I am Woman
Mr. Harrison, I was raised to be polite and keep negative comments to myself. I certainly have not engaged in trash talk here or anywhere else. Why would you say what you said to me?

This topic is 4 pages long and has been devoted to attacking another site. That makes me very uncomfortable. There have been random comments in other topics as well. 285freetalk has been just as unkind to this site. I don't like that either. Park County Bulletin seems to allow posters to be rude to everyone. Because of that, I haven't posted there in some time now and may never post again. I'm still trying to find my own comfort zone with this forum board thing. Maybe my definition of debate vs. insult is too strict.

Thank you for explaining your viewpoint.

03 Jun 2010 08:42 - 03 Jun 2010 08:55 #33 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Deleting my PC account!?!?!
To elaborate a little more on Wayne's comment. Those people who have suffered brutally elsewhere now have an opportunity to heal old wounds. It's like a morning process, where people have to go through various stages to feel good again. Most have already moved on as we encourage our friends to blaze new trails and no longer empower other places by paying homage to them. Change is happening as people are able to voice years of pent up frustrations and move toward the being the helpful community members that they are. Have a good look around and you will see most posters here are engaging, friendly and intent on helping one another with respect. Just remember to add your voice of disproval as you have done here. Certainly your perspective is noted by me and others. What you elaborated on is something we hope to steer away from ASAP. That is my perspective at any rate. Others have their own views.

Given the topic of this thread, it is bound to attract precisely those people who have been slighted. There have been innuendoes on other threads as well, but take note who is there. It is not a universal condition of which everyone here is guilty.

And if you wonder about the closeness of the community, keep an eye out when help is needed. We're all there for everyone in need. There are some poignant threads on this as well.

03 Jun 2010 08:53 #34 by Wayne Harrison
First, while this topic is 4 pages long, it is not "devoted to attacking another website."

I am Woman wrote: Mr. Harrison, I was raised to be polite and keep negative comments to myself. I certainly have not engaged in trash talk here or anywhere else. Why would you say what you said to me?

I said that to you because you chose to characterize this website with the broad brush comment below:

I am Woman wrote: this site has nothing but trash talk about Pinecam.

I asked you to explain how you reached that conclusion.

You've now mentioned 285Freetalk a number of times, saying they talk negatively about this site. I'm not sure if you noticed but there's not a local site they talk positively of. I also note you have not posted there asking the same question of them that you ask here.

It might interest you to know the person who started the negative discussion about this site on 285Freetalk joined here and attempted to change his online name to that of a Pinecam moderator. When he was caught, he went to 285Freetalk and started the dicussion you are referring to. He's still registered here, BTW. He just hasn't chosen to post since getting caught.

I think this site is very positive about the community and I am proud to be one of the volunteers who have stepped up to help it grow. As the founder of Pinecam, I wish Pinecam had taken a different path than it did. 285Bound is taking that path instead and I believe it already is a positive addition to the online 285 community.

03 Jun 2010 08:59 #35 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Deleting my PC account!?!?!
Thanks for your observations "I am Woman", like Wayne and Doc stated- hope the healing continues. I hope I wasnt bashing too harshly, I was just having some fun. I still use PC and all the sites, they each have something to offer.

Welcome and hope the site stays 99% positive!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

03 Jun 2010 09:18 #36 by The Viking

I am Woman wrote: Mr. Harrison, I was raised to be polite and keep negative comments to myself. I certainly have not engaged in trash talk here or anywhere else. Why would you say what you said to me?

This topic is 4 pages long and has been devoted to attacking another site. That makes me very uncomfortable. There have been random comments in other topics as well. 285freetalk has been just as unkind to this site. I don't like that either. Park County Bulletin seems to allow posters to be rude to everyone. Because of that, I haven't posted there in some time now and may never post again. I'm still trying to find my own comfort zone with this forum board thing. Maybe my definition of debate vs. insult is too strict.

Thank you for explaining your viewpoint.

I got very little sleep last night and have a meeting soon so I am not going to read all of the posts but I will jump in here with my 2 cents worth. If I repeat anything alread said, I will appologize in advance.

This site was started by some great people and and they really have created a very positive place to talk freely. I am one who is guilty of fanning the flames about Pinecam. I was banned for life 6 months ago from that site for reasons that still have never been clearly explained to me. I, along with many others have been banned from that site and feel we were treated very unfairly.

Wayne created that site and it was a great site full of wonderful people and really was helping this community. He sold it and a board of directors took over. After that everything changed. I am not saying it is a bad site. It still has a lot a great qualities. Many of us on here are finally able to post with our friends and neighbors again and we are just venting as it is still fresh with some of us. If you are there long enough, you will find that we are not exagerating when we say they now treat you like a 3rd grader. You constantly get scolded, and told what you can and can't say to others. You are warned if you speak your true feelings about the site or a situation and then they suspend you for a period. You can be having a great debate, which in politics, ye it can get a little heated, and they will lock it and say we need a timeout to cool down, or that they feel the conversation ran it's course and will lock if for good. They also will delete many posts if they don't agree with what it said. That is why you are hearing a lot of what you hear.

Like I said, the site is not a bad site and there are still some great people over there. Many of us just prefer the way the owners of this site treat us and respect us. Over there there were suggestions for years for many things and they never listened or told us not to talk about those suggestions publicly as they didn't like to be told what we thought could improve. Over hear they have taken all of our suggestions and opinions to heart. Now, over there they are seeing how well it works here so they are changing some things which is great.

There were huge arguments about having Pinecam on Facebook and they made Facebook totally delete a whole pinecam group that had over 165 members in it and then they got Wayne in trouble with Fcebook and they had him banned from facebook for a while. He had to fight it. It is all a control issue and it caused many people headaches and resentment. One of the Board of Directors there in the middle of a 14 page argument with it's members actually said something to the effect of they would rather eat glass than have a Pinecam FB page. Now that they saw how great our group was going on FB, they started their own and are being praised by some of their members for listening to them.

So all of this bitterness and threads of discussions will pass. I hope you look past that part and really look at the other threads and the people and the positive energy over here on most all of the other issues. They did put in a forum called the Ring over here which is pretty much a no holds barred forum for getting into heated debates and discussions. Mainly about political issues and others that hit close to home so if you fell a thread is getting a little too much for you, let the Adminstrators on here know and they will move threads to the ring.

But I want to welcome you and hope you look past some of the posts about another site. Many of us are just venting as we haven't been able to really talk on a local site in a while. But like I said, Pinecam is not a bad site and has been very helpful to the community int he past. The people running it have just changed and unfortunately the site has changed with it. So now this site is really going to be focused on our neighbors and community. THey are working on a lot of things that will really help all of us up here. So if you can see past the few venting threads you will see that this is going to be something special.

I look forward to chatting with you too.

PS Forgive the typos as I am too tired to go back and proofread it. :biggrin:

03 Jun 2010 13:22 #37 by TPP
PARTY ANIMAL!!!!!

03 Jun 2010 14:57 #38 by TPP

Sunshine Girl wrote:

TPP wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: Maybe we could reserve the outside patio. ??????

rofllol What patio?

On the east side there is a deck/patio.

What pinic?

I believe the 1st Annual 285 Bound picnic is going to be Aug. 15th at Becky's house.

I feel so left out... What did I miss?

03 Jun 2010 15:07 #39 by DrMike
Replied by DrMike on topic Deleting my PC account!?!?!
I like this group of people, never had any problems, everyone seems pretty nice.

03 Jun 2010 16:26 #40 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Deleting my PC account!?!?!
I think the picnic is actually on the 14th....at my house but if I am wrong someone let me know so I am not early or late. LOL

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds