Deleting my PC account!?!?!

02 Jun 2010 08:11 #11 by The Viking

JoeTheSepticTankPumper wrote: The only reasons I keep my PC account is so, 1. I can login if needed to follow links, and 2. use the classifieds, as they have the most exposure, for now anyway.

I never understood why you had to log in to follow links in posts. (Wayne?)

I don't post there anymore because of the overmoderation and deleted posts for no good reason. I was never banned though, darn, guess I should have tried harder, LOL.

I would have loved to have been able to use the classifieds over there for exposure too. I asked them if they would allow me to run an add on there and they won't respond to me. That is why it lets me know that they really care more about themselves than they do about helping out businesses in the community.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2010 08:15 #12 by Wayne Harrison

JoeTheSepticTankPumper wrote: I never understood why you had to log in to follow links in posts. (Wayne?)

We had a huge ratio of lurkers over posters at one time and it was felt that if you were already logged in, the greater chance there would be that you would post.

In one of my many not-so-well-thought-out ideas, I thought having to register to see links would cut down on the number of lurkers. It worked, but you'll notice hundreds of names on the memberlist who registered but still never posted.

I hadn't considered that critical links during community emergencies wouldn't be viewable to the public.

02 Jun 2010 08:30 #13 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Deleting my PC account!?!?!
Now, Viking, we have a place that is worth our time, If you note before my pc adventures, I was a top poster also...
Water off a ducks back, they will be what they will be and that's the way it is, ENJOY this site, My friend.
If ya want links, Wiffie still has her account LMK. LOL where there's a will <evil grin, rubbing hands together, and hee, hee , hee, hee>
Next VFW For SURE, come by my place and we'll all go over together...

02 Jun 2010 08:35 #14 by Sunshine Girl
I should ask them to delete mine too. Oppps, forgot. I'm already good there. rofllol rofllol rofllol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

02 Jun 2010 08:37 #15 by Sunshine Girl
Hey, don't forget Franz and I. We're ready to hit it up again. The breakfast is delicious and the company is always entertaining. Hey Viking, you should organize a 285Bound breakfast there so we all have a chance to meet and get to know each other before the picnic. What do you think? Maybe we could reserve the outside patio. ??????

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

02 Jun 2010 08:39 #16 by The Viking

WayneHarrison wrote:

JoeTheSepticTankPumper wrote: I never understood why you had to log in to follow links in posts. (Wayne?)

We had a huge ratio of lurkers over posters at one time and it was felt that if you were already logged in, the greater chance there would be that you would post.

In one of my many not-so-well-thought-out ideas, I thought having to register to see links would cut down on the number of lurkers. It worked, but you'll notice hundreds of names on the memberlist who registered but still never posted.

I hadn't considered that critical links during community emergencies wouldn't be viewable to the public.

Yes that is the part that was the most frustrating to me was not being able to see any of the links during fires and other emergencies. Plus if someone was asking for help and I could, I couldn't even PM them back.

02 Jun 2010 08:49 - 13 Jun 2013 17:58 #17 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Deleting my PC account!?!?!
:)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

02 Jun 2010 09:20 #18 by pinedust

JoeTheSepticTankPumper wrote: Aw shucks, I'm feeling so unfulfilled now. I wanna join the elite ranks of the banned PC posters, really! I feel so second class. Maybe I'll go cause a ruckus in the study later just for fun. Haha. Just kidding. PC mods you can stand down from red alert. LOL

BTW Dude love the handle, welcome aboard! Cheers!

I have never been banned from there either, just most of my friends. :wave:

Dude, did you get your answer? I was following the thread but it looks like it has been deleted.

02 Jun 2010 10:04 #19 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Deleting my PC account!?!?!
You can have one of my bans if you want it, Dusty!

:rofl

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

02 Jun 2010 10:26 #20 by pinedust

jf1acai wrote: You can have one of my bans if you want it, Dusty!

:rofl

:Thanks:
:thumbsup:

Although there are some that feel otherwise, I really am not the trouble causing type. I tend to just go away quietly. :Snooze

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds