An OPEN letter to this site

11 Jan 2011 14:49 #51 by CC
Replied by CC on topic An OPEN letter to this site

in the solution. ACTION always speaks louder than words. (I would also like to clarify that when I cap a word, it is to provide SOME
inflection in the thought being put forth. Typed words float across the screen and you can NOT hear the inflection in the person voice

Thank you for that instructional part of your post as I would not have understood anything had you not provided that!
(We need a "duh" smiley)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2011 15:58 #52 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic An OPEN letter to this site
I'm still in the dark and maybe that is best.

11 Jan 2011 16:16 #53 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic An OPEN letter to this site

becky wrote: CG....My daughter had no computer for a very long time and used my banned IP address and computer to post for a very long time. They ultimately banned her for their own bizarre reason which no doubt were associated with her biological heritage but they did not ban her for her IP.
I suspect they just wanted to find any reason to get rid of you. That seemed to be a good enough justification for them yesterday.
Are we to assume that a husband and wife or their chilfren are all banned if one misbehaves at Pinecam if they share the same IP address. I guess they could call it the family ban plan! ( How community oriented is that LOL)
Are we all going to have to get our own internet provider to protect our status at Pinecam?
Every time they do this......it is clear that they don't get it. They can try and transform themselves to look like this site and act like this site but it will never be successful because they don't understand what the real problem is.

Seriously, I think this could happen to Rockdoc and SG.

Edited to add quotes.

11 Jan 2011 16:37 #54 by CC
I think it could happen to ANYONE who isn't within the inner circle!

11 Jan 2011 17:10 #55 by Local_Historian
Interesting case of the pot calling the kettle black - if this was not a drop in, drop out thread, I donl't know what is.

If you're refering to me, No I do NOT go to Pinecam every day. I don't come here every day either- I do it in spurts around the rest of life, like so many other posters do. Do I have a different name over here than I do over there? Yep - and I don't try to hide it. I have different names for every forum I go to - and I'm not hiding it either.I also don't hide what forums I belong to. If someone from Ravelry came to me and asked, hey, are you Fate on Pinecam and LH on 285 bound, I'd say I was. IN FACT- I have friends here AND on Pinecam that I have friended on Ravelry as well - and to quote my son, what now? I don't use the name Fate anymore because it was tied to my store which no longer exists, and I've just been too lazy to change it. Would it appease your ego if I go over and change it now?

Please - don't accuse others of something you do yourself if you want to be treated with any credibility.

If I'm correct, all the libraries in the area are on the banned IPs lists for Pinecam. So is everyone who uses a library computer of wireless also going to banned from there?

Am I going to banned from another site for asking about it on this site? Are some people thinking they are indeed the internet police?

Some folks need to get the hell over it.

11 Jan 2011 17:21 #56 by Sunshine Girl
I love the adorable animals they have there and would like to see if Rockdoc and I can help a bit. Is IMHS a member here where they can start a thread for assistance on 285Bound.com?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

11 Jan 2011 17:27 #57 by CC
The library IP addy is really banned at Pinecam? LOL

11 Jan 2011 17:29 #58 by Local_Historian
You know what? That whole post was so petty and so small, I DID go over and change my screen name. and here's what I posted:

I'm responding to a certain person's accusations that because I post in one name on this site and another name on another local site, I must be just trying to start trouble. I am also a bad person because I don't log into this site daily, according to said operson - as are all the others like me.

So, here it is- Fate_Ravenglass was tied to my store, which, as most of you know, closed May of 2009. I will admit to having been too lazy to change it; it did not seem important, because many who know me under that screen name also know my real name, which I have also not hidden. Many of you have read my articles on Colorado History - my thanks to you- and maybe will do so again in the future, when I find myself able to write again. You'll also get to read about my mother and her project this week in the Times, and will understand why I'm not in the state of mind to write regularly right now - either professionally or on the forums.

So, as the admins and others already knew -I'm now Local_Historian, because I am indeed an historian and I am also pretty much as local as you can get.

There, that appease someone's sense of wrong doing just because people have different screen names in different places? Do you feel better now? Ego soothed? No? Then that's not my problem.

And yes, I probably won't log in for several more days - that's just how life works.

Thank you admins for tolerating my rant.

Yeah, I was stupid enough to let you get under my skin and on my nerves, which are on a rather thin edge anyway with very good reason, so I acted. So now, your ego appeased? Or are you still going to be a bitch to people over something as stupid as different screen names?

Becky - probably

11 Jan 2011 17:36 #59 by Sunshine Girl

CinnamonGirl wrote:

becky wrote: CG....My daughter had no computer for a very long time and used my banned IP address and computer to post for a very long time. They ultimately banned her for their own bizarre reason which no doubt were associated with her biological heritage but they did not ban her for her IP.
I suspect they just wanted to find any reason to get rid of you. That seemed to be a good enough justification for them yesterday.
Are we to assume that a husband and wife or their chilfren are all banned if one misbehaves at Pinecam if they share the same IP address. I guess they could call it the family ban plan! ( How community oriented is that LOL)
Are we all going to have to get our own internet provider to protect our status at Pinecam?
Every time they do this......it is clear that they don't get it. They can try and transform themselves to look like this site and act like this site but it will never be successful because they don't understand what the real problem is.

Seriously, I think this could happen to Rockdoc and SG.

Edited to add quotes.

I know I'm banned and I don't think Rockdoc logs in there anymore. I don't know if he has even tried to log in or post there in a long time so I don't know if they banned him too???????

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

11 Jan 2011 19:41 #60 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic An OPEN letter to this site
I'm still good. Just checked to see after the above speculation. I've really lost interest there all together. If banned, it would not be felt a loss. I only feel sorry for many good people over there who are being punished though the actions of some aflicted with a narrow perspective of what is proper and good for the community.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds