An OPEN letter to this site

11 Jan 2011 20:02 #61 by MeadowMouse
I'm finding it confusing why so many people here have been banned from Pinecam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2011 20:06 #62 by Local_Historian
A voice of dissent is not tolerated. Questioning procedure or actions is not tolerated. Being friends with people who are not friends of certain other people is barely tolerated, and in some cases, not at all. Speaking your mind - barely tolerated, and in some cases, not at all.

That's why, MM.

11 Jan 2011 20:10 #63 by Trilogy
Replied by Trilogy on topic An OPEN letter to this site
I came upon this site and the 'other' during a project.

It has been interesting, to say the least.

I did on occasion see nastiness before it was deleted on the other
site. I find it interesting that some people HERE refer to their
remaining posts without mentioning those of their posts that were
deleted because they were against TOS over THERE.

That is difficult to prove, since the posts are no longer there. But
since I have seen some, I know this to be true.

It seems that fact that there is no proof can be used to distort the
truth. And it is used to that effect.

It continues to be interesting.

11 Jan 2011 20:27 #64 by CC
Replied by CC on topic An OPEN letter to this site
I learned a long time ago to cut and paste controversial threads or pm's to a word doc.....so a good many of those are saved right here on my pc in a file called POS.
I should write a book one day and publish all this crazy crap....or at least send it to those wild and crazy guys who gift us with Southpark.....LOL

11 Jan 2011 20:41 #65 by MeadowMouse

Local_Historian wrote: A voice of dissent is not tolerated. Questioning procedure or actions is not tolerated. Being friends with people who are not friends of certain other people is barely tolerated, and in some cases, not at all. Speaking your mind - barely tolerated, and in some cases, not at all.

That's why, MM.

I haven't seen that there. My significant other boyfriend told me about the site a long time ago, and I have watched it just recently. It seems to be a good site

11 Jan 2011 20:43 #66 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic An OPEN letter to this site
I love the fact that here, unless you REALLY violate the rather straightforward TOS, posts are not deleted or modified. To my knowledge, no one has ever been banned. You do not have to be a registered user in order to be able to read information significant for the community.

Discussions may get heated, but can also be resolved.

Many thanks to the originators and administrators of communitybound.com and the affiliates for providing truly 'community' websites!!

:thumbsup:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Jan 2011 20:52 - 11 Jan 2011 20:57 #67 by MeadowMouse

jf1acai wrote: I love the fact that here, unless you REALLY violate the rather straightforward TOS, posts are not deleted or modified. To my knowledge, no one has ever been banned. You do not have to be a registered user in order to be able to read information significant for the community.

Many thanks to the originators and administrators of communitybound.com and the affiliates for providing truly 'community' websites!!

I posted a comment earlier in this thread that said I didn't understand why so many folks were fighting. It never made it to the thread.

maybe that was because i'm such a new poster

11 Jan 2011 20:54 #68 by Sunshine Girl

Rockdoc Franz wrote: I'm still good. Just checked to see after the above speculation. I've really lost interest there all together. If banned, it would not be felt a loss. I only feel sorry for many good people over there who are being punished though the actions of some aflicted with a narrow perspective of what is proper and good for the community.

Looking good hot stuff! :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

11 Jan 2011 20:59 #69 by Sunshine Girl

jf1acai wrote:

:goodpost:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

11 Jan 2011 21:06 #70 by Local_Historian

MeadowMouse wrote: I posted a comment earlier in this thread that said I didn't understand why so many folks were fighting. It never made it to the thread.

maybe that was because i'm such a new poster

I've had that happen. What happens is that when you hit submit, if another person has posted before you, it will tell you so in a really small text at the top of your message. However, you don't always see it. It means you have to re-submit your message - so sometimes messages don't get submitted.

As for the other site - it's a long, drawn out thing that really came to a head summer before last - so you wouldn't be seeing it recently - or at all, unless you are the site a fgoodly portion of your day.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds