An OPEN letter to this site

11 Jan 2011 09:26 #31 by homeagain

mtntrekker wrote:

homeagain wrote: It is my belief that the ability to take the high road is a trait that is becoming a rare commodity. I have refrained from making comments
about this sites behavior,because I felt given some space and time the acrimony would subside. HOWEVER,this afternoons post in the
IMHS announcement thread by one of your own staff (?) was beyond the pale and insulting. My respect for this site (and the individual
who created the post) has been GREATLY diminished. The questionable behavior on another site (by this poster) SHOULD be reviewed
and perhaps a GROUP discussion is in order for your staff.......JMO

thank you homeagain for expressing your opinion, which you can do here, and following up with jmc. good people to talk to here if you have concerns.

YES, they are good people and I am EXTREMELY satisfied with the outcome of the situation. Many thanks to CG/Robyn for your helpfulness. :thumbsup:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2011 11:45 #32 by CC
Replied by CC on topic An OPEN letter to this site
I still think it was inappropriate to post this thread publicly and then refuse to have any dialogue with anyone who disagreed with the poster or the tactic they employed to draw attention to themselves.

The outcome of this thread was the banning of yet another individual from a so called community forum.

You must be so proud of your handy work.

11 Jan 2011 11:49 #33 by homeagain

Becky wrote: I still think it was inappropriate to post this thread publicly and then refuse to have any dialogue with anyone who disagreed with the poster or the tactic they employed to draw attention to themselves.

The outcome of this thread was the banning of yet another individual from a so called community forum.

You must be so proud of your handy work.

I will be sending you a PM.

11 Jan 2011 12:23 #34 by Local_Historian
I'd still like to know an answer to my question.

11 Jan 2011 12:34 #35 by The Viking

Local_Historian wrote: I'd still like to know an answer to my question.

Yeah I am not quite sure why in a thread entitled 'An OPEN letter to this site', everything is done through PM's?

11 Jan 2011 12:38 - 11 Jan 2011 13:16 #36 by Sunshine Girl
The people that stomped their feet and voted for (if there is even such a thing) CG to be banned should be ashamed of themselves. THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE between PC and here!!!!! There have been many heated arguements, disagreements, and even some name calling AND YET at the end of the day we all work-out our issues and come together. THAT my friends is the beauty of this site. To see PC do that to someone who used to be a mod there AND did NOT violate their so-called TOS, NOR did she get a warning, says all there is to say about them and the people who run it. Do me a favor would you PC? Please quit TRYING to feed us your BS about what someone has to do to get banned. Not that anyone really believed it before, but no one will now. Thank you JMC and CG once again for giving people an alternative to PC.

File Attachment:

Uploaded with [url=http://imageshack.us:u57u65ou]ImageShack.us[/url]

File Attachment:

Uploaded with [url=http://imageshack.us:u57u65ou]ImageShack.us[/url]

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

11 Jan 2011 12:43 #37 by Travelingirl
Good post SG! My mental image of the MODS over there? A bunch of grumpy, menapausal women with way too much time on their hands! That just doesn't sound like a fun place to play!

11 Jan 2011 12:46 #38 by Sunshine Girl

travelingirl wrote: Good post SG! My mental image of the MODS over there? A bunch of grumpy, menapausal women with way too much time on their hands! That just doesn't sound like a fun place to play!

Thanks TG. Geesh, they just seem so darn uptight about EVERYTHING. It must be exhausting! We need an emotion for a bottle of "chill" pills. Then we need to send them a frickening case of it! lol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

11 Jan 2011 12:56 #39 by Travelingirl
:thumbsup:

11 Jan 2011 13:21 #40 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic An OPEN letter to this site
The only thing I said that day on the IMHS announcement thread. “Maybe you can get something together quickly. Try! You may have more support than you know. Don't limit your vision based on your limited imagination.” I was told it was documented that I had more than one nic and that I gave my pw to a banned poster. How did they know this? Because they believe it was posted from a banned poster’s IP address. I was banned for what they said, was posting from a banned posters house. Do they examine every post to determine this? I doubt it, just an attempt to get rid of any voice they disagree with.

So, if any of you post from a spouse’s, child’s or friend’s house that is banned from PC this means that even though you do not post against the Terms of Service of the site they can , and appears will, use it for an excuse to get rid of you.

I thought it was it was a constructive comment and I can understand them not wanting a competition site owner on their site but at least be honest about it.

We know mods and BOD members post and look at our site regularly under different nics. We encourage them to continue to enjoy our site. But JMC and I are banned from Pinecam.

Sorry but, he deserved more than I did. Personally, I think I got banned for what I said on this site. LOL My last word on this subject.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds