Japan earthquake and tsunami

11 Mar 2011 11:54 #41 by AspenValley
CNN breaking:

1:42pm Eastern) "They are being forced to release the radioactive gases to try and ease the pressure building in one reactor to prevent a complete meltdown."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2011 11:58 #42 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Japan earthquake and tsunami
Google People finder. If you are looking for family or friends. You can change the language as well.

http://japan.person-finder.appspot.com/?lang=en

11 Mar 2011 12:02 #43 by FredHayek
A possible new Chernobyl after one of the worst earthquakes ever recorded, helps to put America's problems in perspective.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Mar 2011 12:14 #44 by AspenValley
It really makes me nervous when the news keeps getting worse on a situation. Check this out:

Japan Declares Nuclear Emergency, As Cooling System Fails At Power Plant

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fukushim ... z1GJu8GpTz

The operator of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant reported an abnormality Friday following a powerful earthquake which hit a wide area in northeastern Japan including Fukushima Prefecture, the industry ministry said.
The system to cool reactor cores in case of emergency stopped at the No. 1 and No. 2 reactors of the plant operated by Tokyo Electric Power Co., it said.
There are reports that the Japanese PM will declare a nuclear emergency.

Update: There's no evidence of any radioactive leakage, but officials have confirmed that the cooling process for the nuclear plant has not yet gone according to plan.

Update 2: Japan has declared a nuclear emergency.

Update 3: 2000 residents near the Fukushima Nuclear Plant have been urged to evacuate.

Update 4: According to reports, Japanese jets have been ordered to fly over the Fukushima Nuclear plant

Update 5: According to Reuters, a Dam has broken in the same region as the at-risk nuclear power plant.

Update 6: The owner of the plant, TEPCO, says the reactor pressure is rising, and there are risks of a radiation leak, according to Reuters.

Update 7: Now the trade minister says a leak is possible.

Update 8: Word is, Japanese authorities will release a small amount of radioactive vapor into the air to ease pressure.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fukushim ... ant-2011-3

11 Mar 2011 12:39 #45 by kresspin
A separate quake hit on a different fault,, according to CNN. It was first reported as a 6.6, downgraded to 6.2 .. near Nagano.

If Mt. Fuji becomes active and erupts as a result, it will be the End Times.

11 Mar 2011 12:43 #46 by FredHayek
Some of our Japanese distributors are here right now learning about our new software, you have to think they would much rather be watching the news. The distributor is in Tokyo but I haven't asked if any of them have family in the affected area.

11 Mar 2011 12:51 #47 by AspenValley

kresspin wrote: A separate quake hit on a different fault,, according to CNN. It was first reported as a 6.6, downgraded to 6.2 .. near Nagano.

That's.....not good news.

11 Mar 2011 13:06 #48 by Martin Ent Inc
2012,, starting to ramp up.

11 Mar 2011 13:08 #49 by AspenValley

Martin Ent Inc wrote: 2012,, starting to ramp up.

I was reading on another forum just the other day about how supposedly the solar activity cycle influences earthquakes. It seemed pretty far-fetched to me, but who knows. This is a link to more on it, again kind of in the "tinfoil" realm in my opinion but kind of interesting in a National Enquirer way.

http://www.theweatherspace.com/news/TWS ... storm.html

11 Mar 2011 13:29 #50 by FredHayek
I saw a headline about a supermoon causing this earthquake. Never heard this theory before.

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds