Japan earthquake and tsunami

11 Mar 2011 20:51 #61 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Japan earthquake and tsunami
Trolls can you give this thread a break tonight? This is not about liberals there are other thread to discuss all that on. Many, many in fact.

HOW TO: Follow the Japan Earthquake Online

http://mashable.com/2011/03/11/follow-j ... ke-online/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2011 09:26 #62 by CinnamonGirl
Picture of town where 10,000 people missing in Japanese port city of Minamisanriku in Miyagi prefecture

http://twitpic.com/48sa5v

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/256621171.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1299948134&Signature=p1kkZFAQSjUFM21R3Oe5SrpcpcQ%3D

12 Mar 2011 11:32 #63 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Japan earthquake and tsunami
These people need lots of help, I can't imagine being stuck there homeless and the looming threat of a nuclear disaster. Japan will have a hard time recovering form this, if they ever do. I'm glad I don't have money in the stock market, I think Monday will be a bad day....just a guess.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Mar 2011 11:40 #64 by CinnamonGirl
You want to talk about courage. Think of the people working at these plants, knowing that if it goes south they are the first to go. I cannot imagine.

12 Mar 2011 13:50 #65 by Rockdoc
it s best not to jump to conclusions. Few who are expert actually know what is happening. Yes, there are sever problems. I imagine that experts are working on viable solutions. Let us hope that those solutions bear fruit and work to avoid a even bigger calamity.

12 Mar 2011 15:28 #66 by CinnamonGirl
Dramatic video.

[youtube:lbtbxssz]
[/youtube:lbtbxssz]

12 Mar 2011 16:45 #67 by Rockdoc
Interesting how the water simply rose higher and higher. It was more like a tide as opposed to a huge wave. Regardless, the force of moving water is incredible. An awesome display of natural power. Thanks for posting this video. Those poor people have so much to deal with in order to recover.

Seeing the power of water movement makes me think of harnessing such power (ocean currents, tidal currents, wave-driven currents) for electrical energy. Power available is enormous. Given our plastic technology, I would think it possible to establish huge plastic turbines in strategic areas of the sea floor.

12 Mar 2011 17:05 #68 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Japan earthquake and tsunami
That was incredible footage CG, we will be seeing many more like this and worse I'm sure. That makes Katrina look mild with the buildings getting ripped off foundations. What a nightmare that must be.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Mar 2011 17:48 #69 by CinnamonGirl
That has got to be the most incredible thing I have ever seen.

12 Mar 2011 23:08 #70 by Residenttroll returns
If there was never a reason to give California back to Mexico....I think Japan footage gives us one.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds