Japan earthquake and tsunami

11 Mar 2011 11:15 #31 by AspenValley

CinnamonGirl wrote: They said this is 5 strongest earthquake since recording strength. I know they are trying to evacuate. The lack of information is alarming. That usually means they don't have much in the way of communication. We are going to see alot worse news coming up.

Having been through panicky evacuation situations down in hurricane country, I can't even imagine what it would like trying to evacuate people through a devastated landscape with sketchy communications and probably lots of wounded people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2011 11:17 #32 by Martin Ent Inc
At this time they have NO communication through cellular or land line. Just what the reporters are either inventing or some ground reports passed along.

11 Mar 2011 11:20 #33 by Photo-fish
That whirlpool was wierd to have happened in a shallow area like that. My guess is that it was caused by an initial tsunami wave that was deflected back or was partially receding and collided with another incoming tsunami wave. The pier or breaker seems to have channeled them into each other causing a huge eddy that it appears as a whirlpool.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

11 Mar 2011 11:21 #34 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Japan earthquake and tsunami
http://twitter.com/BreakingNews#

http://www.facebook.com/BreakingNews

I follow this alot. They follow major news entities. I also have them on Facebook.

11 Mar 2011 11:24 #35 by CinnamonGirl

11 Mar 2011 11:25 #36 by jf1acai

“We understand this situation is under control,” the analyst said, adding that he understood that a back-up battery power system had been brought online after about an hour and began pumping water back into the cooling system, where the water level had been falling.

Japanese news media quoted officials in Fukushima Prefecture as saying that water levels were 3.4 meters — about 10 feet — above the fuel rods at the No. 2 reactor at the plant. Tokyo Electrical Power officials confirmed that water levels had been falling but said that fuel roads had not been exposed.

Full Article

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Mar 2011 11:40 #37 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Japan earthquake and tsunami
CNN says Sec. Clinton said that US is sending a US plane with coolant to Japan.

11 Mar 2011 11:41 #38 by Martin Ent Inc
Oh Boy a whole bunch of Glycol.

11 Mar 2011 11:44 #39 by AspenValley
Entire Japanese City On Fire

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... quake.html

Oh my gosh, watching that is hard, this could just as easily have been Los Angeles or San Francisco or one of the cities in the path of the New Madrid fault like St. Louis.

11 Mar 2011 11:54 #40 by AspenValley
CNN breaking:

1:42pm Eastern) "They are being forced to release the radioactive gases to try and ease the pressure building in one reactor to prevent a complete meltdown."

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds