are numbers mounting? OR nothing to see here

28 Jan 2020 08:22 #1 by homeagain
www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020...virus-spread/605632/

A perspective on how WHO interprets severity of spreading viruses......Corona virus and it's concerns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2020 09:00 #2 by FredHayek
I am real skeptical of the numbers coming out of China. They have a tradition of covering up locally because they don't want to get a black mark from Beijing. A few other issues, China has a very dense population without much personal space. Makes it easy for diseases to spread.
There are a couple bright spots about having the Chicoms on the frontlines however, very few individual freedoms there so if they want to quarantine you, there are no other options. And the whole country can be marshalled to fight Coronavirus. I saw them putting up a new hospital in days.

#35

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2020 12:17 #3 by homeagain
www.medscape.org/viewarticle/924260?src=...8197BG&impID=2259295

DETAILED info from a medical site......IF the gov. does not stay on top of this an Ebola like
LACK of preparation will be the result....remember when nurses were putting their life/jobs on the line...whistleblowing because of lack of protective gear that was outdated and useless....that
the system was antiquated and could not keep up with the haz mat problem...the system failed in multiple ways....are we BETTER PREPARED NOW? OUR KING states we are in good shape,
do you believe him? (link should come up after a pause).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2020 15:02 #4 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: www.medscape.org/viewarticle/924260?src=...8197BG&impID=2259295

DETAILED info from a medical site......IF the gov. does not stay on top of this an Ebola like
LACK of preparation will be the result....remember when nurses were putting their life/jobs on the line...whistleblowing because of lack of protective gear that was outdated and useless....that
the system was antiquated and could not keep up with the haz mat problem...the system failed in multiple ways....are we BETTER PREPARED NOW? OUR KING states we are in good shape,
do you believe him? (link should come up after a pause).

[/b]

www.politico.com/news/2020/01/28/alex-az...n-coronavirus-107722

"stopped short of declaring a national emergency"......the king,in all his wisdom,believes a fast moving,ever changing situation just MIGHT upset the economy. jmo...WATCH WHAT HAPPENS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2020 15:44 #5 by homeagain
ttps://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/480291-who-admits-error-in-assessment-of-deadly

FAST MOVING.....no one has a handle on this....BUT the king. WHO designates assessment as
HIGH, rather than misreported moderate. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2020 07:08 #6 by homeagain
www.cnbc.com/2020/01/29/coronavirus-case...-be-more-severe.html

AND the king says we have this covered....no worries....ya right.....IT HAS NOW SURPASSED SARS...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2020 08:41 #7 by FredHayek
LOL, so you are going to blame this all on President Trump? Not Beijing?
I think the CDC and nation have done a great job controlling Coronavirus in the States so far. It looks like very few infected have made it across the border. The whole world? Still up in the air, Mongolia and other nations are trying to seal their borders.
Downside? This will affect the global economy. The Dow had been lower but is starting to rebound. All that trade cutoff.

#35

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2020 08:49 #8 by Pony Soldier
If the leaked videos finding their way out are real, it is MUCH worse than SARS. I really hope they're fake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2020 10:37 #9 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: LOL, so you are going to blame this all on President Trump? Not Beijing?
I think the CDC and nation have done a great job controlling Coronavirus in the States so far. It looks like very few infected have made it across the border. The whole world? Still up in the air, Mongolia and other nations are trying to seal their borders.
Downside? This will affect the global economy. The Dow had been lower but is starting to rebound. All that trade cutoff.


Here is the problem with your assessment.....IT IS CHINESE NEW YEAR,THE YEAR OF THE RAT.......it is a huge celebration, with people traveling from afar to celebrate....(like times square on our NEW YEARS ....a huge mass of people from many places, converging into a concentrated space.....the king did not start the problem...BUT his lack of a skill set to secure
the appropriate actions is in question....he is flippant and Not prepared for the ramifications of
this health fiasco. SARS was a lesson, did we learn to be proactive? My guess is NO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2020 13:45 #10 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: ttps://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/480291-who-admits-error-in-assessment-of-deadly

FAST MOVING.....no one has a handle on this....BUT the king. WHO designates assessment as
HIGH, rather than misreported moderate. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS

[/b]


thehill.com/opinion/finance/480440-the-c...-a-big-economic-deal

The factor that foretells we are in for a rough ride..... the LAST paragraph is especially pertinent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.655 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
sponsors
© My Mountain Town (new)
Google+