Constructive Feedback from one of our members.

27 Jan 2011 13:15 #31 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Constructive Feedback from one of our members.
:yeahthat: Exactly. :thumbsup:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jan 2011 16:01 #32 by LopingAlong
Problem is, once the thread os moved to the Ring, many won't follow it. What's the point of doing so if the attacks are now okay since it's moved? I want to be able to talk about things, share ideas, look for solutions, but it only takes one person to "lock" me out. I see no reason to get involved if that is what happens. That's just me though, I don't like the mudslinger attitude. Others do, so they reign. That is the issue. Nothing more or less.

Responsibility and respect. I'd prefer if they would say, "Hey, I'd love to call you out on some things, so I'm starting a similar thread in Ring, will you follow me there?" But they don't. They muddy the Courthouse threads until I avoid both places.

27 Jan 2011 16:22 #33 by Norm

LopingAlong wrote: Problem is, once the thread os moved to the Ring, many won't follow it. What's the point of doing so if the attacks are now okay since it's moved? I want to be able to talk about things, share ideas, look for solutions, but it only takes one person to "lock" me out. I see no reason to get involved if that is what happens. That's just me though, I don't like the mudslinger attitude. Others do, so they reign. That is the issue. Nothing more or less.

Responsibility and respect. I'd prefer if they would say, "Hey, I'd love to call you out on some things, so I'm starting a similar thread in Ring, will you follow me there?" But they don't. They muddy the Courthouse threads until I avoid both places.

:yeahthat:

27 Jan 2011 17:00 #34 by RivendaleFarms
:yeahthat: as well. I agree, LA, and well said. I don't necessarily have thin skin, but the consistent name calling along with the approach of "you don't agree with me so you must be stupid or evil" pretty much shuts down any interesting conversation or debate. It comes from both the Republican and Democratic sides, but always from the same handful of posters, and politics (or at least political insults) are often dragged into non-political threads outside the Ring or the Court House.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

27 Jan 2011 17:47 #35 by major bean
It seems that the difference between Courthouse vs the Ring is name calling vs vulgarities.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Jan 2011 17:55 #36 by Blazer Bob
Rather than moving threads from the courthouse to the ring, an alternative would be to moderate (delete) ot posts and insults. Of course, that is a whole nother bag of worms.

27 Jan 2011 17:59 #37 by LopingAlong
Neptune, I don't think it is an either/or thing, but if it is, I'd rather have it as it is and not participate. The over-moderating and deleting of posts is not a good option, IMO.

27 Jan 2011 18:02 #38 by major bean
I suggest that one vast improvement for this forum would be to do away with the Private Message feature. It is used as a rallying tool for hateful clique members to rub each other's bellies. This creates a society of US against THEM.
I believe that the PM is a very bad tool and discourages individual/independent consideration and contemplation of an issue or discussion. GroupThink is a very polarizing thing.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Jan 2011 18:08 #39 by Rockdoc

major bean wrote: I suggest that one vast improvement for this forum would be to do away with the Private Message feature. It is used as a rallying tool for hateful clique members to rub each other's bellies. This creates a society of US against THEM.
I believe that the PM is a very bad tool and discourages individual/independent consideration and contemplation of an issue or discussion. GroupThink is a very polarizing thing.

I disagree with this suggestion. Not all of us use PMs for that purpose. I like to use it for personal matters unrelated to hateful, insulting or otherwise derogatory remarks. Mainly, I use it for positive feedback or to answer personal questions, thins that I want to remain private.

27 Jan 2011 18:15 #40 by archer

major bean wrote: I suggest that one vast improvement for this forum would be to do away with the Private Message feature. It is used as a rallying tool for hateful clique members to rub each other's bellies. This creates a society of US against THEM.

Are you speaking from personal experience? Is that what you and your like minded posters do? I certainly have not been PMd by any liberals to rally around...or get a belly rub. You are obviously having more fun in PMs then we are.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds