Constructive Feedback from one of our members.

26 Jan 2011 19:17 #11 by Blazer Bob

major bean wrote: [Since you describe this members input as "constructive" it is apparent that you are going to move on this advice. What changes are coming as a result?

I was wondering the same thing. The "constructive criticism" of the poster is just the whining of a lefty who wants the right censored. Are you thinking about a moderated forum?
I think that idea has some merit but who will moderate the moderators?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2011 19:32 #12 by Norm
Since I've moved out of state, a friend suggested this site to keep up with "local" issues........hmmmm not so much. Far too much animosity - but I'm hoping that things will improve.

26 Jan 2011 21:04 #13 by archer

neptunechimney wrote:

major bean wrote: [Since you describe this members input as "constructive" it is apparent that you are going to move on this advice. What changes are coming as a result?

I was wondering the same thing. The "constructive criticism" of the poster is just the whining of a lefty who wants the right censored. Are you thinking about a moderated forum?
I think that idea has some merit but who will moderate the moderators?

Did someone say this was feedback from a lefty? How did I miss that?

26 Jan 2011 21:06 #14 by Mountaingirl
hey HappyCamper, what's for dinner??

26 Jan 2011 21:11 #15 by jf1acai

Open forum is great but don't you all have a life?

Where can I download one of those? :wink:

Seriously, I agree with most of the above, when this forum was started folx were more respectful of each other than they are now. Perhaps familiarity really does breed contempt?

I don't see this as being something that management needs to change. I think it is something that the users of the forum need to change. I don't see it as a right vs. left, conservative vs. liberal, etc. issue, rather it is a common decency issue, IMO.

Perhaps, we should pause to think before we post that 'brilliant' zinger, would I talk to my friends that way? Would I really phrase it that way if I were talking with a friend of my mother? Would I say the same thing if I were talking with him/her in Safeway or King Soopers?

Disagreement is a wonderful thing, and leads to improvement. But, it can be expressed in a respectful manner. We seem to have lost a lot of the respect for others here, and that diminishes both us, and the value of this forum.

I would like to see us all concentrate more on respectful responses to issues, rather than disrespectful responses to personalities. I think we would all gain more that way.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

26 Jan 2011 21:16 #16 by Wayne Harrison

neptunechimney wrote: The "constructive criticism" of the poster is just the whining of a lefty who wants the right censored.

You completely missed the message of the poster, IMO and to marginalize the poster as you did is exactly the kind of disrespect the poster is talking about. Every member's opinion on this forum should be considered and respected, IMO. It's not and because of that, the community loses.

I dropped out for the same reasons as LA. As I told N******* the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. That's what I think posting on here to try and get an actual discussion going is. It has been very apparent since some posters started bullying and marginalizing everyone with whom they disagreed that they really aren't interested in a real political discussion based on its merits. It's their way or the highway, so I chose the highway.

I've got more constructive and important things to occupy my spare time and I find I'm actually enjoying life more after I stopped posting in the political section. Checking in from time to time, I see the same people posting the same stuff every day and it just reinforces my belief that I made the right decision.

26 Jan 2011 21:42 #17 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: [Did someone say this was feedback from a lefty? How did I miss that?

I do not know, maybe not enough time doing word games?

< N****** even said that he doesn't read S***** C***** posts because they put him to sleep. Rarely is there even a reply to her well thought out posts. I thought that maybe a few days away would let me see things fresh, but it's still the same poo slinging fest.

The other issue is that there are so many trolls, like O******, r*********, T****, B*******, N*******, that just want to inflame and fire off zingers. >

Lets see, who could N***** be who said S*****C***** put them to sleep?

Whos list of trolls that includes O,r,T,B,N but does not include VL or LJ could it be? :bash rofllol

I do not think I missed the point. It is a plea for moderation. The question is will the posters moderate themselfs, will mods do it, or will nothing change?

26 Jan 2011 22:01 #18 by LopingAlong
Seems everyone agrees that the open forum works and the owners of this site don't want ANY moderation, so that means what? That nothing changes? You're right, NC, nothing will change unless each person chooses to change themselves.

It is up to posters to moderate themselves or not and for others to decide if they want to continue bashing their heads against the proverbial wall or not. Like HNY said, sometimes the highway is the best avenue to take.

26 Jan 2011 22:04 #19 by archer
Maybe, just maybe it was from a more objective observer who is tired of the constant finger pointing.....you lefties did this and you righties did that. It is tiring, and annoying, and may be the reason many no longer post here. If more leftys have backed off from the forum, then there may well be good reason for doing so. This isn't exactly a welcoming environment for anyone who has been labeled a "liberal".

27 Jan 2011 05:48 #20 by LOL
Feedback is always good. I agree with alot of the responses, JF1s points especially. Need more variety of posters and topics. Too many same ol posts from the same 4 or 5 people and too many petty outrages of the day, gets tiring to me.

Many of the more serious topics die after 2 posts. The nastier controversial outrage topics are active and rise to the top of the list.

Its only as good as the people participating, and many are dropping out from being active posters.

For the first time I put one person on ignore, it works well, I may add some more.
Cheers! :)

P.S. I wouldn't change any of the site rules, its up to the posters to decide if they want to improve the quality or chase everyone away.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds