Constructive Feedback from one of our members.

26 Jan 2011 11:01 #1 by MyMountainTown
At 285bound.com we thrive on feedback so we are posting this message from one our members who gave us permission to post anonymously for them. Identifying names have been starred.

"It became obvious to me over the last weekend that there is no desire for real discussion here. N****** even said that he doesn't read S***** C***** posts because they put him to sleep. Rarely is there even a reply to her well thought out posts. I thought that maybe a few days away would let me see things fresh, but it's still the same poo slinging fest.

The other issue is that there are so many trolls, like O******, r*********, T****, B*******, N*******, that just want to inflame and fire off zingers. I've really grown tired of it and there is absolutely no moderation. If the goal of the bound forums is to allow a place for true discussion, then these people need to be reigned in. They add nothing but insults.

The final straw was that people here cannot seem to understand the difference between having a discussion where parties disagree, and calling those disagreements "personal attacks." I've had it and will not be returning to post. I may drop in from time to time just to reaffirm my decision, but it's just a troll fest here. I'm moving on to forums where people show more respect for each other and discuss issues according to standard rules of debate.

Thanks for allowing me to post here for the past few months. Best of luck in the future."

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2011 11:10 #2 by Blazer Bob

285 Bound wrote: ]"It became obvious to me over the last weekend that there is no desire for real discussion here. Thanks for allowing me to post here for the past few months. Best of luck in the future."[/i]

Must be a slow learner. rofllol

26 Jan 2011 11:21 #3 by Nobody that matters

285 Bound wrote: I'm moving on to forums where people show more respect for each other and discuss issues according to standard rules of debate.

Marquess of Queensberry Rules will be observed at all times...

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index/?o_c ... &cid=74511

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

26 Jan 2011 11:45 #4 by jf1acai
While I agree that it would be more enjoyable if the namecalling and baiting were reduced significantly, I think it is preferable to put up with childish comments from adults rather than moderate to the point that adult discussion is not allowed.

Adults SHOULD be able to self moderate - it is unfortunate that some appear to be unable to do so, and thus reduce the value of the forum for others.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

26 Jan 2011 11:55 #5 by RivendaleFarms
Ditto, jf1acai. Well said. I enjoyed the Court House and even The Ring when we first got up and running here, but no longer venture in either one. Not worth the heartburn.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

26 Jan 2011 18:12 #6 by nothing wrong with me
Replied by nothing wrong with me on topic Constructive Feedback from one of our members.
All I know is the libs all dropped out of discussion.
I hate one sided forums because discussion goes away.
Letting us talk is more important that getting rid of ideas.

Stay in the game if you want change.
Quitting doesn't do too much.
Don't blame the board if the libs drop out and it becomes conservative talk as a result.

Respectfully, IMO.

26 Jan 2011 18:37 #7 by major bean

285 Bound wrote: At 285bound.com we thrive on feedback so we are posting this message from one our members who gave us permission to post anonymously for them. Identifying names have been starred.

"It became obvious to me over the last weekend that there is no desire for real discussion here. N****** even said that he doesn't read S***** C***** posts because they put him to sleep. Rarely is there even a reply to her well thought out posts. I thought that maybe a few days away would let me see things fresh, but it's still the same poo slinging fest.

The other issue is that there are so many trolls, like O******, r*********, T****, B*******, N*******, that just want to inflame and fire off zingers. I've really grown tired of it and there is absolutely no moderation. If the goal of the bound forums is to allow a place for true discussion, then these people need to be reigned in. They add nothing but insults.

The final straw was that people here cannot seem to understand the difference between having a discussion where parties disagree, and calling those disagreements "personal attacks." I've had it and will not be returning to post. I may drop in from time to time just to reaffirm my decision, but it's just a troll fest here. I'm moving on to forums where people show more respect for each other and discuss issues according to standard rules of debate.

Thanks for allowing me to post here for the past few months. Best of luck in the future."

Since you describe this members input as "constructive" it is apparent that you are going to move on this advice. What changes are coming as a result?

Regards,
Major Bean

26 Jan 2011 18:44 #8 by LopingAlong
To me, it's not about libs and conservatives or Dems and Reps. It is about respect.

I no longer join in discussions that border on anything remotely political because to me, it is pointless. Instead of discussing an idea or an event, threads turn into a bashing, shouting, insult party. Instead of seeking any kind of understanding or comprehension or having a desire to look at another's point of view, it becomes a contest to see who can be the loudest, most beligerent jerk to prove a point. Not everyone does this, but those that do tend to inject themselves constantly into each thread. I suspect that it is quite likely the author of the letter is referring to these same posters. I get that, and agree.

Like you, RF, I liked how it was when this site first began too. Then again, I prefer small crowds and back then, we didn't number many! I remember some of the early threads where we talked (Reps and Dems Conservatives and Liberals) about serious things in such a way that I felt safe. I no longer feel that way in the courthouse or the Ring and that is why this "lib" has dropped out. I don't like being abused so that another can feel superior, I prefer to talk about things and know that at some point, it's better to simply agree to disagree.

Besides, I just don't see that my opinion is all that important, nor do I see that I would or could change another's opinion as I don't know everything (or anything for that matter) and prefer to discuss to learn and see things differently rather than force my views onto another. My opinions just aren't that important, they're just mine and I see no reason to try and shout louder and cuss better than the next guy to prove I am right on any given subject.

I like the differences between people and their viewpoints, but I like respect and kindness and common courtesy too.

I hesitated even posting here, but it is important to keep discussing issues as they come up IMO, or no change can or will occur. I wish I had an answer, but I do not. Best I can come up with is that each poster needs to want to be respectful and open to ideas that don't coincide with their own and face it, that just isn't going to happen in the real world. So Yes, no Nazis please, no dictatorship, no censorship, no bans, no cutting off the freedom of speech. I would ask that each of us try a little harder to listen and discuss rather than attack.

26 Jan 2011 18:46 #9 by LopingAlong
PS Kudos to the powers that be for posting this out front for discussion! Transparency is a novel idea in most forums and I appreciate it. Thank you.

26 Jan 2011 19:05 #10 by HappyCamper
Sometimes I like to read the discussion but I find myself tuning out when things go overboard and I don't typically read any further.

Most times I feel that some are trying to see how far they can push something before the slap on the hand happens. I wish I had the time that some people seem to have here to take a topic overboard.

Sometimes just wondering what I will make for dinner is all consuming.

Open forum is great but don't you all have a life?

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds