Constructive Feedback from one of our members.

31 Jan 2011 20:21 #71 by Local_Historian
I told ya already - I get community room privileges!

Timely posting of this in another group...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2011 20:57 #72 by Blazer Bob
Thanks for your insights,very interesting. I googled flounce, I had no idea there was such a rich history for bad behavior that passes for constructive criticism.

Local_Historian wrote: I told ya already - I get community room privileges!

Timely posting of this in another group...

31 Jan 2011 22:36 #73 by jf1acai
I was going to ask for a video of the flounce, but I think I better just shut up! :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

31 Jan 2011 22:56 #74 by Wayne Harrison

Local_Historian wrote: The problem with the "personal attacks" is that it is subjective, and requires a lot of policing by several people in order to stay fair and reasonable. It takes hours of effort, someone having to read every post in their assigned section, and often requires "meetings" to justify any sudden action on the part of any given admin. I know - I did it for 10 years for one community, several other years for other communities. It's the suckiest volunteer job you can choose, because no matter what you do, someone thinks you are wrong.

It's really not brain surgery.

Is the poster debating the facts of the discussion or are they only jumping on the previous poster (what some call "attacks.") and ignoring the subject of the discussion? (i.e. "Skippy, you're spinning" and that's all they post as a response.)

Personally, I think there are more people who would participate if discussions were an actual debate with rules than those who participate because it's a free-for-all.

I completely agree with the latter part of your post.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds