Constructive Feedback from one of our members.

27 Jan 2011 19:15 #41 by HappyCamper
I like PM's because my friends can ask me things that do not relate to what is posted.

SHOCKING as it may seem if friends see me online they might PM me just to say Hi.

What I hope is those that seem to get out of control respect the Court House and start their own thread in the ring. My gosh it really is not hard to copy a link and refer to it and post whatever you want in an area where you will not get in trouble or offend the rest of us who seem to understand the rules.

I know they know how to copy links in as I have seen some of the GOD AWFUL things they have posted. But, that is what the ring is for my guess is if they actually play by the rules and only post this type of stuff in the ring they will only be talking to themselves. My guess is this is why they try to sneak it in other areas because it is how they get their high annoying as it might be for the rest of us.

Have fun guys this is my perspective.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jan 2011 19:31 #42 by HappyCamper
Sorry CinnamonGirl I am sure that I might get the boys agitated with this but...

I think we should rename the "Ring" the "Play Pen" it is where those that do not play by the rules go for a timeout.

rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

27 Jan 2011 19:38 #43 by major bean

archer wrote:

major bean wrote: I suggest that one vast improvement for this forum would be to do away with the Private Message feature. It is used as a rallying tool for hateful clique members to rub each other's bellies. This creates a society of US against THEM.
I believe that the PM is a very bad tool and discourages individual/independent consideration and contemplation of an issue or discussion. GroupThink is a very polarizing thing.

Are you speaking from personal experience? Is that what you and your like minded posters do? I certainly have not been PMd by any liberals to rally around...or get a belly rub. You are obviously having more fun in PMs then we are.

I never use the PM feature.

Another thing that would improve communications almost to nervana is to stop making replies such a personal attack. The above quote is an example of taking a suggestion and getting personal with the poster as to imply a personal attack. If you will notice my post did not single any one person out. The reply was a single attack on me.

Posters should stop this type of "close and personal" type of reply.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Jan 2011 20:07 #44 by archer

major bean wrote:

archer wrote:

major bean wrote: I suggest that one vast improvement for this forum would be to do away with the Private Message feature. It is used as a rallying tool for hateful clique members to rub each other's bellies. This creates a society of US against THEM.
I believe that the PM is a very bad tool and discourages individual/independent consideration and contemplation of an issue or discussion. GroupThink is a very polarizing thing.

Are you speaking from personal experience? Is that what you and your like minded posters do? I certainly have not been PMd by any liberals to rally around...or get a belly rub. You are obviously having more fun in PMs then we are.

I never use the PM feature.

Another thing that would improve communications almost to nervana is to stop making replies such a personal attack. The above quote is an example of taking a suggestion and getting personal with the poster as to imply a personal attack. If you will notice my post did not single any one person out. The reply was a single attack on me.

Posters should stop this type of "close and personal" type of reply.

:rofl

You make an accusation and we are just supposed to believe you because you said so? I am simply asking how you know this goes on, if not from personal experience? Don't make accusations unless you are prepared to back them up with verifiable fact or experience.

This has been a on going issue here...people makiing accusations then getting all bent out of shape if anyone asks them to prove it. If you aren't going to take responsibility for what you post, then don't post it. If you can't prove something, don't post it as fact.....that includes the e-mails and blog "facts" so popular here that no one ever verifies till after it is posted.

27 Jan 2011 20:10 #45 by major bean
Who did i accuse?

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Jan 2011 20:18 #46 by Blazer Bob

major bean wrote: Who did i accuse?

You accused "hateful clique members " and Archer assumes you are referring to libs.

27 Jan 2011 20:19 #47 by major bean
Mostly I had in mind outdoor238 and 'lil Precious. Their PMs seem to border on the obscene.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Jan 2011 20:24 #48 by jf1acai
:rofl - you mean the fake ones?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

27 Jan 2011 20:25 #49 by major bean
They sound pretty real to me. At times it turns my crank. I really don't like being a voyeur involuntarily and have to take cold showers to sober up sometimes.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Jan 2011 20:31 #50 by archer

neptunechimney wrote:

major bean wrote: Who did i accuse?

You accused "hateful clique members " and Archer assumes you are referring to libs.

did I say that?....I simply asked how he knew this, and stated that I personally had experienced nothing like that but wondered if he had. Hateful clique members could as easily apply to the conservative gang here....does it?????. Really, you seem obcessed with "libs" tonight.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds