Commander-in-Chief Turns His Back on America’s Military

08 Apr 2011 18:13 #11 by Local_Historian
Husband says if they fail to come to an agreement tonight, they should all be fired immediately and martial law declared until a whle new round of senators, congressmen and reps are put into office. Look at the government as a corporation- if we worked for a corporation, and failed to meet the goals and objectives for which we were hired, we would be fired. Same should hold true for these "elected" officials.

Oh, and the park ranger just now on channel 4 news and bullcrap about RMNP being government property? Bite me. Parks need to revert to the states. I know why they were started as federal parks, and they need to keep the exact same protections, but administered by the states. I would pay a higher fee to use the park to keep it on the state level, rather than see a whole section of our state screwed over income wise because tourism stops.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2011 18:18 #12 by outdoor338
How about the parents getting involved with teaching their kids about the birds and the bees...don't give me this crap about poor people and abortions, I don't want to pay with my tax money for their abortions..start your own fund to help people who use abortions as a form birth control..call it liberals for MURDER..

planned parenthood exposed...sure I want my tax money to go these people..
[youtube:qd2ul3lz]
[/youtube:qd2ul3lz]

08 Apr 2011 18:20 #13 by archer
uh....none of your federal tax dollars go to fund abortions, it's against the law.

08 Apr 2011 18:23 - 08 Apr 2011 18:25 #14 by kresspin

Local_Historian wrote: Husband says if they fail to come to an agreement tonight, they should all be fired immediately and martial law declared until a whle new round of senators, congressmen and reps are put into office. Look at the government as a corporation- if we worked for a corporation, and failed to meet the goals and objectives for which we were hired, we would be fired. Same should hold true for these "elected" officials.

Well, this is the United States of America. We do our "firing" at the ballot box. Not, under martial law. This is not a banana republic.

It would also be in violation of the Constitution.

08 Apr 2011 18:25 #15 by outdoor338
Archer..really, so why don't the libs just give it up..we don't need PP, see how simple that is! If that's the case, why are the republicans saying it does..I guess they are all misinformed..nice!

Great idea LH.. :thumbsup:

08 Apr 2011 18:26 #16 by kresspin
Interesting that you think shredding the Constitution is a "great idea."

08 Apr 2011 18:28 #17 by outdoor338
archer.
Maryland Becomes Second State to Offer Federally Funded Abortions under Obamacare http://www.cnsnews.com/node/69559

08 Apr 2011 18:31 #18 by kresspin
Wow, an article from July 2010. Wait till you get caught up to April 2011. So much has happened that you apparently don't know about.

08 Apr 2011 18:32 #19 by archer

outdoor338 wrote: Archer..really, so why don't the libs just give it up..we don't need PP, see how simple that is! If that's the case, why are the republicans saying it does..I guess they are all misinformed..nice!

Great idea LH.. :thumbsup:

Now you "get it"..... the Republicans ARE misinformed....one Rep today said that PP spends 90% of it's money on abortions, when it is actually less than 5%......he did admit to hyperbole (lying) to make a point.....gee, that was really honest of him. And federal funding of abortion IS illegal....and planned parenthood does get audited every year on how their federal funds are spent....if they have been breaking the law all these years I'll bet the conservatives would have jumped on it before this.

08 Apr 2011 18:33 #20 by Local_Historian
Archer is correct - do your homework, and stop believing the lobbyists who say different. Planned Parenthood is funded by the government to provide physical examinations, STD testing, and provide birth control. Anything they may do outside of that is NOT paid for by taxes - that comes out of the patient's own pocket.

Kresspin - so you're ready for two more years of being screwed over? Perhaps a few things may have to change temporarily in order to preserve order. However, I bet most of these folks do get "fired" next election.

Outdoor - so women don't need low cost physical exams when they can't afford it to keep from dying from what started as a minor infection, a cyst, cancer that could have been killed off it it were caught? Low income men and women don't need low cost or free birth control so they don't have to resort to abortion? People should just keep passing on STDs because they can't get treatment for it from an agency that specializes in it?

ALL the Republicans are not saying it; just those who are purposefully lying to use it as a bargaining chip, or those who are so ignorant that they actually believe the lies rather than looking at the actual law and statistics for that agency. Either way, those type of folks should also no longer have their jobs - lying or being too stupid to do your job correctly also get you fired out here in the world.

Point of fact - "Obamacare" does not yet exist - stop using it as current fact. As things stand, they aren't getting any of that funding, whch means they won't be doing it.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds