Commander-in-Chief Turns His Back on America’s Military

08 Apr 2011 22:20 #41 by The Viking
Nothing to worry about. A picture was leaked of what our military is going to look like under Obama. We should be in good shape.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2011 22:32 #42 by kresspin
The new Army recruiting poster...

08 Apr 2011 22:48 #43 by navycpo7
First, I do not think that it is just the president. It is the entire damn Congress. If there is blame to be had, then it goes to all of them. No one has clean hands in this.

Archer, my answer on your comment is simple, if we have to forgo funding PP to pay those men and women serving in our Armed Forces and thier families then my answer is the so be it. I am by far no expert on planned parenthood, but those serving in harms way, in my book comes first before those in PP. Sorry but that is my personal opinion. I know what those men and women are going thru, then to be told no paycheck for thier families. A very bad situation.

08 Apr 2011 22:50 #44 by ScienceChic

outdoor338 wrote: I think congress and the president should not get a dime until this mess is fixed, and I agree with you, its both sides..we are broke, why don't these people understand that???

So obama, and harry reid will not fund our troops because of PP..wow, sure tells me a lot about you lib's, you want to give money to people who will murder their children (unborn babies), but don't want our troops to get paid to defend themselves, us and our country! Harry reid demands that cowboy poetry stay in the budget, and cherry blossom festival go on as planned...you're amazing archer..

Wow. Do you not read anything that we say? No, we do not want to give our money to people who want to have abortions, and as taxpayers we don't. But we believe that family planning is essential to the health of this nation. Or do you think that newly married couples who are just starting out should be having babies right away and ending up on welfare or the streets? Yes, we want our troops paid for the services that they render - where have you ever seen one of us say screw the troops? Unless you back these statements up with facts, documented quotes, they mean nothing.

When are you going to realize that all politicians, Republican and Democrat alike, could give a crap less about us? This nation was built on taking risks, not accepting the status quo, and, most importantly, compromise. We see none of that: we've become complacent, fat, apathetic sheep and our elected officials sit on their asses, playing games and pandering synthetic outrage to cameras instead of putting some work and effort into making our country function. I agree with LH that we should boot the lot of them out, although I wouldn't go for the martial law aspect afterwards. :) I'd love to see all independents in office!

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/04 ... ehner-reid
They Can't Even Agree to Disagree
Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Senate majority leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) speak to reporters after meeting with President Obama about the budget and a possible government shutdown.
As a shutdown draws near, Dems and GOPers argue about what they're arguing about.
— By Suzy Khimm
Fri Apr. 8, 2011

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Apr 2011 23:05 #45 by major bean
So, the Democrats were going to withhold pay to the military so that planned parenthood could have rubbers to give away? The Democrats surely have their priorities messed up.

But the gov't shutdown didn't happen anyway. The Democrats made themselves look foolish for nothing.

Regards,
Major Bean

08 Apr 2011 23:07 #46 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: I think congress and the president should not get a dime until this mess is fixed, and I agree with you, its both sides..we are broke, why don't these people understand that???

So obama, and harry reid will not fund our troops because of PP..wow, sure tells me a lot about you lib's, you want to give money to people who will murder their children (unborn babies), but don't want our troops to get paid to defend themselves, us and our country! Harry reid demands that cowboy poetry stay in the budget, and cherry blossom festival go on as planned...you're amazing archer..

Wow. Do you not read anything that we say? No, we do not want to give our money to people who want to have abortions, and as taxpayers we don't. But we believe that family planning is essential to the health of this nation. Or do you think that newly married couples who are just starting out should be having babies right away and ending up on welfare or the streets? Yes, we want our troops paid for the services that they render - where have you ever seen one of us say screw the troops? Unless you back these statements up with facts, documented quotes, they mean nothing.

When are you going to realize that all politicians, Republican and Democrat alike, could give a crap less about us? This nation was built on taking risks, not accepting the status quo, and, most importantly, compromise. We see none of that: we've become complacent, fat, apathetic sheep and our elected officials sit on their asses, playing games and pandering synthetic outrage to cameras instead of putting some work and effort into making our country function. I agree with LH that we should boot the lot of them out, although I wouldn't go for the martial law aspect afterwards. :) I'd love to see all independents in office!

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/04 ... ehner-reid
They Can't Even Agree to Disagree
Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Senate majority leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) speak to reporters after meeting with President Obama about the budget and a possible government shutdown.
As a shutdown draws near, Dems and GOPers argue about what they're arguing about.
— By Suzy Khimm
Fri Apr. 8, 2011

:goodpost: You should post with passion more often.

08 Apr 2011 23:10 #47 by The Viking

major bean wrote: So, the Democrats were going to withhold pay to the military so that planned parenthood could have rubbers to give away? The Democrats surely have their priorities messed up.

But the gov't shutdown didn't happen anyway. The Democrats made themselves look foolish for nothing.

:yeahthat: Absolutely. Their priorities have always been so bass ackwards.

08 Apr 2011 23:11 #48 by ScienceChic
So the Republicans are going to force this shutdown even though the Dems have conceded on many other points??

You don't get it - it's not just the Dems fault. The Republicans are just as much to blame, and PP is just the excuse, for the lack of compromise so that they fulfill their sworn duties - pass a budget.

The Republicans have shown what's truly important to them, shoving their social agenda down our throats, and it's not what the American people think is important - fix the economy. And the Dems let it get this bad by their crappy and ineffectual leadership over the last several decades.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Apr 2011 23:11 #49 by Mayhem

kresspin wrote: This is not a banana republic.

I beg to differ when I look at the occupants of the white house

08 Apr 2011 23:23 #50 by Mayhem

Science Chic wrote: So the Republicans are going to force this shutdown even though the Dems have conceded on many other points??

You don't get it - it's not just the Dems fault. The Republicans are just as much to blame, and PP is just the excuse, for the lack of compromise so that they fulfill their sworn duties - pass a budget.

The Republicans have shown what's truly important to them, shoving their social agenda down our throats, and it's not what the American people think is important - fix the economy. And the Dems let it get this bad by their crappy and ineffectual leadership over the last several decades.

But we must all remember you're not a lib :lol:

You can't make this stuff up.

Simple solution to PP supporters. Retroactively abort them :biggrin:

And by the way it is about breaking America's addiction to spending money they don't have. Dems are behaving like heroin addicts being dragged to the clinic.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds