Anyone care to discuss Illegals and in State Tuition ?

26 Apr 2011 07:39 #51 by Rockdoc

Ice wrote: Try a little logic, it is a perfect analogy. When you were 18 how would you feel being punished for your parents crime. What is wrong with you? Your bitterness is hard to comprehend. Very ugly but carry on.
Just a quick question. If they were 17 in high school would you do the same?

this has nothing to do with bitterness. It has everything to do with common sense and respect for America's laws. Try this on. My parents brought me to this country when I was young. We immigrated legally. My father was a naturalized citizen when we came. Mother became naturalized 7 years later. My brother and I not. We erroneously believed that we would automatically become citizens. So at 18 I was not a citizen, but had gone through public education system. Then through the draft and served my adopted country as an alien. I sought my citizenship afterwards and never once thought I was entitled to anything. Just because your parents made a mistake and convinced you they were right does not absolve you as a young adult of your responsibilities for living in this country legally. BS to feeling sorry for the poor little beggar. I was not brought up with such expectations. Life is not a free ride, not a matter of entitlement, no matter how you got to this country or into this world. Does that mean I do not have compassion? Hell no. If I see a family struggling I try to help in one form or another. But, I offer support to those who take responsibility for themselves. Simply because you are so generous and cast a blind eye to legal issues, does not mean the rest of us can not be, should not be, or should support illegal people in this country. There is such a thing as abiding by the laws of the land, laws that the majority of the people support. Unfortunately that is how life works. You nor I have to like it, but we do need to honor the rest of our societies wishes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2011 12:52 #52 by FredHayek

X_P wrote: They are not citizens, we should offer in state tuition to students from other states that are US citizens before we give illegals in state tuition or state grants.

Bravo!
Why should a legal citizen of Kansas have to pay twice as much to go to CU than someone without ID?

In this wacky Dem plan, it behooves the Kansas applicant to pretend to be an illegal alien to get a tuition discount.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds