Anyone care to discuss Illegals and in State Tuition ?

15 Apr 2011 17:09 #1 by Opus007
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27561328/detail.html I am more than a little upset with this BS
" Colorado ASSET will add tuition revenue to our cash-strapped colleges and universities. Students who aren't attending college, because it's too expensive, will now pay hundreds of thousands of additional tuition dollars to our colleges and universities," Johnston added."Texas implemented in-state tuition and saw a $27.2 million annual increase in tuition and fees at their colleges and universities."
If that is true then why not get rid of out of state tuition which is very expensive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2011 17:27 #2 by Ice
Depriving the kids of this minor benefit for the sins of their parents seems un- American. We do not do this with any other felons children, murderers and child molester's kids get in state tuition.

15 Apr 2011 17:33 #3 by bailey bud
Therer's something wrong with the first day of class being "Okay - before we start discussing economics, everyone please get out your birth certificates, passports, and proof of residency."

I'm an educator - and I'm happy to educate anyone that will sign up to learn.

A good education makes people LESS reliant on the state, and more reliant on their own skills/abilities. I feel education is a good long-term investment. At seat in a college classroom is a hell of a lot cheaper than a prison cell.

15 Apr 2011 17:35 #4 by JMC

15 Apr 2011 17:59 #5 by Rick
I have no problem with children of illegals getting instate tuition IF those lost funds and extra students don't make it harder in any way for US citizens to get an education as cheap as possible.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2011 18:04 #6 by OmniScience
So, we'll give people who are in this country illegally a break on tuition fees, and charge more to tax-paying American citizens who come from another state to obtain a degree?

Absolutely backwards to say the least. That's clearly saying it's OK to break the law - you will not be punished or face any consequences.

15 Apr 2011 18:12 #7 by Rick

OmniScience wrote: So, we'll give people who are in this country illegally a break on tuition fees, and charge more to tax-paying American citizens who come from another state to obtain a degree?

Absolutely backwards to say the least. That's clearly saying it's OK to break the law - you will not be punished or face any consequences.

This is one of the big IFs I was referring to.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2011 18:14 #8 by Ice

OmniScience wrote: So, we'll give people who are in this country illegally a break on tuition fees, and charge more to tax-paying American citizens who come from another state to obtain a degree?

Their parents broke the law not them.. Do you apply that logic to children of all criminals? Sorry I don't get it.

15 Apr 2011 18:20 #9 by Blazer Bob
Why not abolish out of state tuition for everyone. Why punish any child just because their parents forced them to grow up in another state.

15 Apr 2011 18:21 #10 by Rick
What is the point of even having a border if we sacrifice our tax dollars for every illegal family that crosses it? Look how fast we are falling behind in education, then look at how broke this country is. Do we really have to feel guilty for not giving every illegal adult a discounted education (we probably already paid for them to attend k-12). Where is all this money coming from?

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds