do conservatives hate legal immigrants?

24 Apr 2011 13:07 #11 by archer
Just to add to the discussion....I don't see a problem with immigrants to this country holding on to traditions from their native country......I know my family still reveres the Scottish traditions of our ancestors and are proud to be of Scottish descent even though we have been here many generations. I never miss a Highland Games if Ican help it. I love the Greek festivals held in many cities, and the Chinese New Year celebrations held all over the country. This is what makes our country so rich, we have taken people from all over the world and melded tham into one nation, but still have given the people the right to worship as they wish, to hold their own traditions, and to celebrate their own holidays. I envy those who speak more than one language, we certainly fall behind the rest of the world in teaching our children different languages. Since many in my family settled in Canada, I do have a limited working knowledge of French, but not enough to get by in France, or even Quebec any more. I certainly wish I did.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2011 13:37 #12 by RenegadeCJ

archer wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: What you failed to mention is that there are some liberals that think the same way. I do not hate legal immigrats, I will help them work with them without a problem. Illegals that is a whole different issue. They don't belong here, they are breaking the law it is that simple. Those that come here legally, no issues, so long as they strive to be part of the american way verus becoming part of the problem.

Probably true nasvycpo7, but the question asked was "do conservatives hate legal immigrants". So that is what I answered, after doing some research.

My feelings on illegals are the same as yours......

Except what you quoted was just an evil person did an evil thing. No conservatives I know even dislike LEGAL immigrants. Most legal immigrants come here for our freedom and the ability to succeed on their own ability....a Conservative ideal. I personally love legal immigrants, because they want to do what they can to excel, which means work hard, and many start their own businesses or buy other ones.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

24 Apr 2011 14:11 #13 by HEARTLESS
Nearly all of our roots was legal immigration into this country. Its okay to value your heritage, but be an American first if you choose to live here.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

24 Apr 2011 14:17 #14 by archer

RenegadeCJ wrote: Except what you quoted was just an evil person did an evil thing. No conservatives I know even dislike LEGAL immigrants. Most legal immigrants come here for our freedom and the ability to succeed on their own ability....a Conservative ideal. I personally love legal immigrants, because they want to do what they can to excel, which means work hard, and many start their own businesses or buy other ones.

I guess you chose to only read one of the quotes and not the other.....unless you think the Republican members of Congress are evil and do evil things. We could talk about that and probably agree on that point.
:biggrin:

I am, of course, referring to this portion of the quote:

Unfortunately, among this group is a fair number of Republican members of Congress,

24 Apr 2011 14:36 #15 by major bean

archer wrote:

Some people just don’t like Mexicans — or anyone else from south of the border. They think Latinos are freeloaders and welfare cheats who are too lazy to learn English. They think Latinos have too many babies, and that Latino kids will dumb down our schools. They think Latinos are dirty, diseased, indolent and more prone to criminal behavior. They think Latinos are just too different from us ever to become real Americans.

No amount of hard, empirical evidence to the contrary, and no amount of reasoned argument or appeals to decency and fairness, will convince this small group of Americans — fewer than 10 percent of the general population, at most — otherwise. Unfortunately, among this group is a fair number of Republican members of Congress,

http://crushliberalism.com/2007/05/31/l ... -mexicans/

archer, the second quote of yours was merely an opinion piece. It was nothing other than if some liberal (such as yourself) said that conservatives hate immigrants. Nothing more.
Totally an opinion piece. Are you trying to say that it is factual evidence?

Regards,
Major Bean

24 Apr 2011 14:41 #16 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic do conservatives hate legal immigrants?

major bean wrote:

archer wrote:

Some people just don’t like Mexicans — or anyone else from south of the border. They think Latinos are freeloaders and welfare cheats who are too lazy to learn English. They think Latinos have too many babies, and that Latino kids will dumb down our schools. They think Latinos are dirty, diseased, indolent and more prone to criminal behavior. They think Latinos are just too different from us ever to become real Americans.

No amount of hard, empirical evidence to the contrary, and no amount of reasoned argument or appeals to decency and fairness, will convince this small group of Americans — fewer than 10 percent of the general population, at most — otherwise. Unfortunately, among this group is a fair number of Republican members of Congress,

http://crushliberalism.com/2007/05/31/l ... -mexicans/

archer, the second quote of yours was merely an opinion piece. It was nothing other than if some liberal (such as yourself) said that conservatives hate immigrants. Nothing more.

:pop

24 Apr 2011 14:42 #17 by HEARTLESS
Liberals. Sitting around, drinking Hateraid and posting. :Koolaid:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

24 Apr 2011 14:59 #18 by archer

major bean wrote: archer, the second quote of yours was merely an opinion piece. It was nothing other than if some liberal (such as yourself) said that conservatives hate immigrants. Nothing more.

Nope...made no such claim.

24 Apr 2011 15:02 #19 by major bean
Then what was your claim? I am puzzled. Trying to slippery, slimmy?

Regards,
Major Bean

24 Apr 2011 15:05 #20 by archer

major bean wrote: Then what was your claim? I am puzzled. Trying to slippery, slimmy?

nope...a question was asked, and answered, I was then asked my source for my answer....i gave two....end of story. If you want to make a big deal of it have at it, it just makes you look petty and quarrelsome to keep picking at it.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds