do conservatives hate legal immigrants?

25 Apr 2011 10:16 #31 by Grady
In answer to the topic, "do conservatives hate legal immigrants?

[center:50yoj3hw]N O[/center:50yoj3hw]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2011 10:20 #32 by FredHayek
Love legal immigrants, both here and in the UK, it is shown that legals are more likely to start small businesses and revitalize bad neighborhoods.

In fact, I support increasing the quotas on legal immigrants, but I would want the percentages to be based on population levels, so 50% Asian, 10% Euro, 10% African, 10% American, etc.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Apr 2011 10:31 #33 by archer

SS109 wrote: Love legal immigrants, both here and in the UK, it is shown that legals are more likely to start small businesses and revitalize bad neighborhoods.

In fact, I support increasing the quotas on legal immigrants, but I would want the percentages to be based on population levels, so 50% Asian, 10% Euro, 10% African, 10% American, etc.

What about middle eastern?

25 Apr 2011 10:47 #34 by archer
I was pleased to see the conservatives here come to the defense of legal immigrants...it is heart warming. I await the new threads about how they can be better friends with our muslim citizens, how they can better welcome them and their mosques into our communities, how anxious conservatives are to encourage more muslims to come to this country. I've just been told over, and over, and over again that conservatives do not hate legal immigrants.....so I cannot wait to see the love from them for ALL our legal immigrants.

25 Apr 2011 10:54 #35 by FredHayek

archer wrote:

SS109 wrote: Love legal immigrants, both here and in the UK, it is shown that legals are more likely to start small businesses and revitalize bad neighborhoods.

What about middle eastern?

Well, Islamic people live in Asia, Africa, and everyplace else in the world so they would be included in the continent quotas. I was reading about so many of the Arabs who come here to learn and then get frustated going back to their own countries and find that they can't open up new businesses unless they pay big bribes or are politically connected to the elite like Mubarak in Egypt. Hopefully the Arab spring will remove many of these barriers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Apr 2011 10:58 #36 by HEARTLESS
Incredibly ignorant archer, religion doesn't define a nation or region. My niece is of Egytian parents and heritage, but is Christian.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

25 Apr 2011 11:08 #37 by major bean
archer just wants more discord.

Regards,
Major Bean

25 Apr 2011 11:16 #38 by archer

HEARTLESS wrote: Incredibly ignorant archer, religion doesn't define a nation or region. My niece is of Egytian parents and heritage, but is Christian.

major bean wrote: archer just wants more discord.

heartless.......I'd like you to show me where I said that a religion defined a region? I had one post that mentioned the midddle east....no religion given. And one post that mentioned muslim citizens......no region given, the fact that youput those two together would makeyou the one who is defining a region by religion. It certainly shows that you jump to conclusions before you read, and post before thinking. The post by major bean just shows how ignorant he his, he rallies tround a conservative poster before even bothering to check out it's validity.

25 Apr 2011 11:19 #39 by HEARTLESS
You first asked about middle eastern, then followed it with muslim references.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

25 Apr 2011 11:21 #40 by outdoor338
How many posts have you mentioned "muslims" archer, middle east and muslims go hand in hand with you...nice deflection! Or bait and switch as some would say! :pop

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds