HONORING MEMORIAL DAY

27 May 2011 20:16 #21 by CC
Replied by CC on topic HONORING MEMORIAL DAY
[youtube:adr4xqgq]
[/youtube:adr4xqgq]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2011 20:21 #22 by archer
Replied by archer on topic HONORING MEMORIAL DAY
Uncle....my second father....Army Colonel in WWII,
brother..... Army, Captain and helicopter pilot Viet Nam,
husband...... Navy, intelligence during the cold war. All were changed by their experience....all are very proud of their service and their country....and I of them.

27 May 2011 20:31 #23 by CC
Thanks to your family archer.

[youtube:1vdzr7z5]
[/youtube:1vdzr7z5]

27 May 2011 20:38 #24 by otisptoadwater
It's good to see that not everyone has forgotten what Memorial day is about. I'm proud to live in a country that allows everyone their individual freedoms but I'm disappointed at those who are not grateful to those who have defended our nation in the past, giving their own lives in many case, and those who continue to defend our way of life.

Memorial day is not just an extra day off so we can all enjoy the early summer weather and have a barbeque, so many people have given so much to ensure our freedoms and way of life and each and every service member living or dead deserves at least a few moments of our gratitude.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

27 May 2011 20:39 #25 by CC
[youtube:1w50te2g]
[/youtube:1w50te2g]

27 May 2011 20:48 - 27 May 2011 21:04 #26 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic HONORING MEMORIAL DAY
Memorial Day, honors those that have lost their lives in battle, or served and have passed away.
Veterans Day, honors the living that have served.
I think of those currently serving and in harms way, often.
There is a difference, I think.

27 May 2011 20:55 #27 by CC
[youtube:3qghstmt]
[/youtube:3qghstmt]

27 May 2011 21:03 #28 by otisptoadwater

Hoot Owl wrote: Memorial Day, honors those that have lost their lives in battle, or served and have passed away.
I think of those currently in harms way often.

you are correct but I see no harm in an extra effort to acknowledge those currently serving whether or not it's a holiday. I can say from my own experience that many who serve now come from a long line of those who served before them, many gave their limbs, soul, and even their lives. So many of our service members are languishing in VA hospitals and suffering from their own personal demons, an "extra" thank you is not out of line IMHO.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

27 May 2011 21:06 #29 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic HONORING MEMORIAL DAY
You are also correct Otis.

27 May 2011 21:07 #30 by CC

otisptoadwater wrote:

Hoot Owl wrote: Memorial Day, honors those that have lost their lives in battle, or served and have passed away.
I think of those currently in harms way often.

you are correct but I see no harm in an extra effort to acknowledge those currently serving whether or not it's a holiday. I can say from my own experience that many who serve now come from a long line of those who served before them, many gave their limbs, soul, and even their lives. So many of our service members are languishing in VA hospitals and suffering from their own personal demons, an "extra" thank you is not out of line IMHO.

I totally agree.

[youtube:1bt76urw]
[/youtube:1bt76urw]

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds