HONORING MEMORIAL DAY

27 May 2011 06:10 #1 by navycpo7
Well yesterday started the run to the campgrounds, cookouts planned, and days off from work.

The big question is does alot of the people have an understanding of why they are getting to do all this. Most do not. This country has forgotten(not all) what Memorial Day is. Most folks did not even know what last Saturday was.

So as folks go out camping, doing thier cookouts, heading out to amusement parks etc. Please take a few minutes of your day and just remember those that gave the ultimate sacriface for this great Country. The men and women that are no longer here with us physically, without them and those that served and are serving our country, we would not be able to enjoy the camping, cookouts etc.

WELCOME HOME to all Veterans, past and present.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2011 07:56 #2 by CC
Replied by CC on topic HONORING MEMORIAL DAY
Amen

27 May 2011 08:30 #3 by ComputerBreath
Better yet, if able go to a Veteran's Hospital or a Veteran's Nursing Home and visit those still living. Or go to a cemetery and look at all of those that gave all for freedom.

27 May 2011 08:51 #4 by Let the Wildlife run PC
Went to Ft. Logan Cemetary to visit my Dad... 10 years on the 24th of May. Every year I'm shocked to see how much and how fast it grows....

Also thinking about my brother buried in Wisconsin...died from exposure to agent orange...

And to one of my best friends, I salute you today for serving 3 terms in Afganistan, and Iraq... Miss you ElkDog2!!!

And thank-you Navy :-)

27 May 2011 08:56 #5 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic HONORING MEMORIAL DAY
:usa:

Thank You to all Veterans, those currently serving, and those who gave their lives defending our freedom. Salute and Cheers! :)

And thank you for your service and this thread Navy! :thumbsup:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

27 May 2011 09:04 #6 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic HONORING MEMORIAL DAY
My dad's brother died because of being mustard gassed during WWI while guarding a supply train. He is buried in the Ft. Bliss National Cemetery, Fort Bliss, Texas. Seeing all of the rows upon rows of grave markers gives a person pause to consider the price of soldiering.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 May 2011 09:12 #7 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic HONORING MEMORIAL DAY
My wife's cousin survived the Bataan Death March and died in the sinking of Arisan Maru (Japanese POW transport ship) by a U.S. submarine (either U.S.S. Snook or U.S.S. Shark II). Only 9 of the 1,782 U.S. and Allied POWs survived. His memorial marker is at Manila American Cemetery and Memorial, Manila City, Philippines.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 May 2011 09:41 #8 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic HONORING MEMORIAL DAY
A friend of mine's son will be home soon! I'm very excited for their family and his baby girl that he had to leave shortly after she was born. Happy Memorial Day! :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

27 May 2011 12:01 #9 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic HONORING MEMORIAL DAY
As we all go about our holiday weekend activities, please remember the reason for the day.
I posted a few pictures Memorial Day related from the web over on [url=http://www.ahwbound.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.ahwbound.com[/url]. Not a single picture of beer or burgers included. Please take a look

Memorial Day Pics

Please add your own.

Semper Fi

27 May 2011 12:58 #10 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic HONORING MEMORIAL DAY

Grady wrote: As we all go about our holiday weekend activities, please remember the reason for the day.
I posted a few pictures Memorial Day related from the web over on [url=http://www.ahwbound.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.ahwbound.com[/url]. Not a single picture of beer or burgers included. Please take a look

Memorial Day Pics

Please add your own.

Semper Fi

Very moving and captures the meaning of Memorial Day. Thanks for the link

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds