The cat is going outside tonight

05 Dec 2011 18:20 #1 by Reverend Revelant
I can't stand this any longer. This cat insists on sitting on my easy chair in the living room, which is the only place we have any sort of heat. We use a pellet stove insert in the fireplace... it keeps about half the upstair toasty and a large electric blanket takes care of warmth in the bedroom. But this damn cat won't get off the chair. I put him on the floor, he has every opportunity to sit somewhere else, hell, even curl up with in roasting distance from the pellet stove, we could have cat burger. But no, I'll put him on the floor and then I sit down, and he jumps right up on my lap, which is very uncomfortable, I can't stand the cat on my lap and all the cat hair and smell. And it's no better in the bedroom. As soon as we hit the bed, turn on the electric blanket, he's camping between my legs. I can't move, it's like having 6 pounds of hamburger meet sitting between your legs.

I'm done with this. I'm putting him out tonight. I don't give a poop how cold it is. It's just a freaking animal who doesn't deserve to be making my life miserable. Out you go pussy.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2011 18:47 #2 by Pony Soldier
Throw a glass full of water on it first. Death will come quicker and with less suffering.

05 Dec 2011 18:55 #3 by Reverend Revelant

towermonkey wrote: Throw a glass full of water on it first. Death will come quicker and with less suffering.

I don't want it to die. At least I don't want to be responsible for it. If I tried your method, I couldn't sleep tonight. And my whole reason for putting it outside tonight is so I can get a good nights sleep without having the little pain in the ass sleeping between my legs on the electric blanket. I want it to fend for itself, like a good animal. It will be alright outside. There's plenty of places around here that it can cuddle up in... we have a shed (oops... I need to crack the door on it), and then there is the snow den that my husky dug, and how about the birds... they birds are always there in the next morning, shouldn't be to hard for a cat.

05 Dec 2011 20:14 #4 by jf1acai
The cat is your master, haven't you figured that out yet? :biggrin:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

05 Dec 2011 20:17 #5 by Reverend Revelant

jf1acai wrote: The cat is your master, haven't you figured that out yet? :biggrin:

Ok... I got a problem. I decided to let him back in... I got a number of really bad private messages that really dumped on me for putting the cat outside in this cold... so, I went outside to let him in... can't find the little sucker for anything... even used a flashlight and called his name real loud. If anyone finds a black and white male cat with a name tag "Peekie" on it... please call the number on the tag. I'm not going to be able to get any damn sleep until he's found.

05 Dec 2011 20:28 #6 by jf1acai
I would bet he is safe and comfortable, and laughing his a** off at you right now.

In any case, I sympathize with you, and hope it all turns out well.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

05 Dec 2011 20:56 #7 by ScienceChic
You are so gonna have every one of your shoes, and your electric blanket, peed on tonight when he finally comes back in LGT...cats are vengeful creatures you know

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Dec 2011 20:59 #8 by jf1acai
How true! :thumbsup: :like:

05 Dec 2011 21:07 #9 by otisptoadwater
If your cat is really counting on vengeance he'll stay away just long enough to confirm you brought home a replacement and then show up on your door step. Just think, you'll be in trouble for turning the monster loose, have to get a new cat, and then have two of those monsters contending for lap time in the easy chair and the premium sleeping spots on the bed. I'm afraid your troubles may have only just begun...

Seriously tho, best of luck. Hopefully your cat decided to go check out the area around your house and will come back when he's ready to come inside.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

05 Dec 2011 21:37 #10 by Mtn Gramma
Wouldn't it have been easier to just shut it out of the bedroom?

After re-reading this thread, I think you're channeling Haystacks.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds