Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

09 Jan 2012 13:25 #231 by ScienceChic

pineinthegrass wrote: I found it interesting that the Pittsburgh QB has been accused of assulting a few women, but some people seem more upset about Tebow getting on a knee.

You've got a good point. Frankly, I can't stand Roethlisburger. My son asked for his jersey last year for Christmas (he was a big Pitt fan) and I said No way ever, he is not a good role model, and left it at that.

He has a Broncos jersey now, and was rooting for them yesterday! :woo hoo:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2012 13:27 #232 by CinnamonGirl

pineinthegrass wrote: I found it interesting that the Pittsburgh QB has been accused of assulting a few women, but some people seem more upset about Tebow getting on a knee.

Really good point. They forget.

One reason I think that people like Tim is that he does not push his religion on anyone. HE does show it though. I know many people who take issue with some religious people because they are so pushy about it. And talk but don't show their faith. I celebrate Tim Tebow for that. He seems very genuine. I am concerned about some religious people taking this way too seriously though at some point. Just like the Tea Party and OWS to a point and ruining what he really is doing. By talking for him. That 316 yards yesterday didn't help that cause. I am sure I could find a 666 number in the game somewhere.

But I am having a ton of fun and I like the guy. What can I say?

09 Jan 2012 13:28 #233 by CinnamonGirl

Science Chic wrote:

You've got a good point. Frankly, I can't stand Roethlisburger. My son asked for his jersey last year for Christmas (he was a big Pitt fan) and I said No way ever, he is not a good role model, and left it at that.

He has a Broncos jersey now, and was rooting for them yesterday! :woo hoo:

Finally, you got that boy on the right track.

09 Jan 2012 13:33 #234 by ScienceChic
Took me long enough! :biggrin: (I'm afraid it's more because he's a fair-weather fan at this point than he has a deep and abiding love of his home town. I'll keep plugging away at it. I figure a couple more times taking him to the actual games, rather than sitting at home in front of the boob tube should do the trick!).

We had a chance at tix for yesterday's game, but I knew I wouldn't enjoy the cold, and he definitely wouldn't've. Plus, I really thought I was going to be forced to sit through watching Pittsburgh win which I just didn't want to do. Had I known how it was going to end, I SO would've pounced on those tickets, shoved hand warmers down my pants, and suffered through! lol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Jan 2012 15:10 - 09 Jan 2012 16:16 #235 by Martin Ent Inc

Soulshiner wrote: I saw him go down for a Tebow AFTER he saw a cameraman by him. He sure knows how to sell books...

The cameraman ran over there to get the shot After Tebow took a knee. DUH.

09 Jan 2012 16:05 #236 by Photo-fish

CinnamonGirl wrote: The Messiah. I guess Obama does not qualify anymore. I am so glad God loves Denver now. LOL. Photo fish you listening?

Of course god loves Denver, but his favorite team is still Green Bay. I wore an orange shirt for orange Friday. I really enjoyed the game yesterday too. Yeah his completion/attempt ratio blows. But when he connected, WOW! I'll keep cheering for the Doncos until they play the Packers.

There are prolly no less than 5 camera crews on the field that are instructed to get to TEBOW and film that prayer stance as soon as the clock hits 00:00. Whoever gets to him first is what they show. Just like cameraman that shoot him during the Steelers final drive. He is not asking for the screen time, the networks are throwing it at him. There are a lot of crews out there and each has a feed to a producer telling them what shots to get. Would you rather watch a lineman scratching himself or a D-back horking snot out his nose?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

09 Jan 2012 16:18 #237 by Soulshiner

Martin Ent Inc wrote:

Soulshiner wrote: I saw him go down for a Tebow AFTER he saw a cameraman by him. He sure knows how to sell books...

The cameraman ran over there to get the shot After Tebow took a knee. DUH.

Not what I saw.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

09 Jan 2012 16:34 #238 by 2wlady
I am well aware of the on/off switch. I am also aware that I refrain from watching the local "news" (although calling it news around here is erroneous to say the least), during this Tebow time. I pay for TV news, so I don't have to turn off the TV.

Since they call themselves news, I expect the news channels to have 95% real news, not that sports guff and human interest stuff.

09 Jan 2012 17:17 #239 by CinnamonGirl

Photo-fish wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: The Messiah. I guess Obama does not qualify anymore. I am so glad God loves Denver now. LOL. Photo fish you listening?

Of course god loves Denver, but his favorite team is still Green Bay. I wore an orange shirt for orange Friday. I really enjoyed the game yesterday too. Yeah his completion/attempt ratio blows. But when he connected, WOW! I'll keep cheering for the Doncos until they play the Packers.

There are prolly no less than 5 camera crews on the field that are instructed to get to TEBOW and film that prayer stance as soon as the clock hits 00:00. Whoever gets to him first is what they show. Just like cameraman that shoot him during the Steelers final drive. He is not asking for the screen time, the networks are throwing it at him. There are a lot of crews out there and each has a feed to a producer telling them what shots to get. Would you rather watch a lineman scratching himself or a D-back horking snot out his nose?

Oh, now he likes us. Band wagoner.

09 Jan 2012 17:39 #240 by Rick

I hope he sells a bilion books considering how much good he's done with his earnings so far.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds