Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

14 Jan 2012 20:49 #261 by Soulshiner
I think having the belief that the actions of the USA is that bad is a citizen's right. It seems that many people hold that belief these days. Should non USA citizens working in the USA have to take a policies of the USA are good oath?

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2012 20:55 #262 by CinnamonGirl
I am just saying if you are so into your beliefs that you dislike the flag and can't look at it, then those beliefs should keep you from even living there. It is hypocritical.

15 Jan 2012 10:12 #263 by Kate

CinnamonGirl wrote: That is an interesting question and this is why I am really okay with him as he does not push his beliefs on anyone. For me it has nothing to do with religion. Tebow is just quietly living his beliefs instead of talking about them in a preachy way.

I disagree with what you've written. Tebow mentions his faith more than frequently. Most interviews start of with "I'd like to thank my personal lord and savior...." and even in radio commercials, he ends his advertisement with "God bless." If that's not pushing your beliefs on those listening, I'd hate to see what you consider being pushy.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tebow. From what I've heard about him, he does a lot of wonderful things for the community and seems to have his head on straight in terms of not letting fame go to his head.

15 Jan 2012 10:15 #264 by Reverend Revelant

Kate wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: That is an interesting question and this is why I am really okay with him as he does not push his beliefs on anyone. For me it has nothing to do with religion. Tebow is just quietly living his beliefs instead of talking about them in a preachy way.

I disagree with what you've written. Tebow mentions his faith more than frequently. Most interviews start of with "I'd like to thank my personal lord and savior...." and even in radio commercials, he ends his advertisement with "God bless." If that's not pushing your beliefs on those listening, I'd hate to see what you consider being pushy.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tebow. From what I've heard about him, he does a lot of wonderful things for the community and seems to have his head on straight in terms of not letting fame go to his head.

Those that are weak alway blame Christians for "pushing" their beliefs.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

15 Jan 2012 10:45 #265 by Rockdoc

Kate wrote:

Kate, there is a huge difference between pushing and expressing one's belief and if you were to be honest for just one moment and do a little research you will discover a whole host of other athletes who have done the same thing. You say that he does it more frequently than others. What is the frequency you can tolerate today tomorrow? No one is telling you how you need to live your life, yet you wish to tell other how they need to live their lives because it offends you. How hypocritical is that? Time for you to look in the mirror.

I'm glad you recognize Tebow as a person not just as someone with a deep belief in Christianity. That young man has a great deal of depth. Oh, and just for the record. I'm spiritual not religious.

15 Jan 2012 11:03 #266 by Reverend Revelant

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Kate wrote:

Kate, there is a huge difference between pushing and expressing one's belief and if you were to be honest for just one moment and do a little research you will discover a whole host of other athletes who have done the same thing. You say that he does it more frequently than others. What is the frequency you can tolerate today tomorrow? No one is telling you how you need to live your life, yet you wish to tell other how they need to live their lives because it offends you. How hypocritical is that? Time for you to look in the mirror.

I'm glad you recognize Tebow as a person not just as someone with a deep belief in Christianity. That young man has a great deal of depth. Oh, and just for the record. I'm spiritual not religious.

:yeahthat: (and I'm an atheist)... and Kate is a bigot.

15 Jan 2012 11:05 #267 by CinnamonGirl
I think for me, I know some religious people who preach and push all the time. Makes me very uncomfortable. They don't accept me for who I am and I have been around a whole church of people that make fun of people who don't believe in God just for that reason alone. I don't see that in TTebow. He may not be quiet but he is doing it for himself and not to convert others. That makes you feel comfortable. I think that is why so many like him.

IF he forced everyone to pray with him that would be awkward. Religion by nature is based on fear, guilt. I don't see that in him. Maybe I am wrong. But he is doing some really good things out there without guilt, it seems to me.

15 Jan 2012 11:31 #268 by Rockdoc

CinnamonGirl wrote: I think for me, I know some religious people who preach and push all the time. Makes me very uncomfortable. They don't accept me for who I am and I have been around a whole church of people that make fun of people who don't believe in God just for that reason alone. I don't see that in TTebow. He may not be quiet but he is doing it for himself and not to convert others. That makes you feel comfortable. I think that is why so many like him.

IF he forced everyone to pray with him that would be awkward. Religion by nature is based on fear, guilt. I don't see that in him. Maybe I am wrong. But he is doing some really good things out there without guilt, it seems to me.

With Tebow, the choice remains yours to make whether or not you wish to believe. He appears to be non judgmental, a personality aspect that I aspire to but too often fail to reach. Live without imposing your personal morality, beliefs, or life style on others and our world would be a whole lot better.

15 Jan 2012 13:14 #269 by Kate

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Kate wrote:

Please explain how that makes me a bigot. I'll wait.

Rockdoc, there are others who express their beliefs. Of that I have no doubt, but Tebow says something about his god every time he's interviewed. Do the others that you mention also do that? Not to my knowledge. Tebow takes every opportunity, even in commercials, to mention his faith. Why can't he just be a football player and not someone who proselytizes every chance he gets? Should every business meeting in an office begin with a "Before we start the meeting, I'd just like to thank my personal lord and savior...." and end with "So, let's adjourn the meeting and god bless"?

Like I said, he's a great guy and a good role model, but it seems that he is using his microphone time to push his faith.

15 Jan 2012 13:30 #270 by Reverend Revelant

Kate wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Kate wrote:

Please explain how that makes me a bigot. I'll wait.

Rockdoc, there are others who express their beliefs. Of that I have no doubt, but Tebow says something about his god every time he's interviewed. Do the others that you mention also do that? Not to my knowledge. Tebow takes every opportunity, even in commercials, to mention his faith. Why can't he just be a football player and not someone who proselytizes every chance he gets? Should every business meeting in an office begin with a "Before we start the meeting, I'd just like to thank my personal lord and savior...." and end with "So, let's adjourn the meeting and god bless"?

You just explained it for us... "but it seems that he is using his microphone time to push his faith"

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds