Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

09 Jan 2012 06:23 #211 by The Boss
Why would anyone care if he prayed? I don't share his religion, but if he wants to pray or do a rain dance to talk to his god, I don't see who he is hurting. Even if he was Jewish and was doing all this praying just to get Christians to like him, (I don't think this is the case) I would have no issues with it.

He is playing a private game as an employee of one of two companies that are playing the game to facilitate marketing oportunities. He is the TV show you watch so that these companies and their affiliates can sell you the view of watching him and other stuff. I think you can be pretty sure that if the Broncos thought the praying would hurt the business, they would have stopped it. I believe it is good for business, most Americans and Coloradians are christian right? So it helps to market to them, even if he is doing it passively because he is a passionate believer.

Companies use religion/sex and marketing of all kinds to get you to buy things.

It is a game and a business with the primary goal of making money for those that own the team. Both of which can be very muddled by religion with no real PC or US issues right.

All the best to Tebow, hope he plays well and retires with an intact body.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2012 08:52 #212 by 2wlady
When I'm watching the news (not sports news), I don't want to watch Tebow Tebowing. It's been jammed down my throat.

Yes, I change channels and, wow, there it is again. Now we have another week of it. Save me, lord!

09 Jan 2012 09:09 #213 by Pony Soldier
As long as he keeps winning, I don't care if he sacrifices kittens on the 50 yd line before the game...

09 Jan 2012 09:17 #214 by Nobody that matters

towermonkey wrote: As long as he keeps winning, I don't care if he sacrifices kittens on the 50 yd line before the game...

*knock knock*
"Hello?"
"Hello, We're here to talk to you about inappropriate comments posted on an internet forums"
"Are you police?"
"No, we're from the IMHS".

:biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

09 Jan 2012 09:25 #215 by Pony Soldier
I was going to type "chickens", but my kitten just happened to jump up and dig her claw into my leg just as I was typing...

09 Jan 2012 09:45 #216 by The Boss

2wlady wrote: When I'm watching the news (not sports news), I don't want to watch Tebow Tebowing. It's been jammed down my throat.

Yes, I change channels and, wow, there it is again. Now we have another week of it. Save me, lord!

Getting rid of Tebow news on TV works better if you use the on/off button vs. the channel buttons.

badumpumppish.

09 Jan 2012 09:52 #217 by Nobody that matters

towermonkey wrote: I was going to type "chickens", but my kitten just happened to jump up and dig her claw into my leg just as I was typing...

I'd just have to change "IMHS" to "KFC" and it'd work anyway :wink:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

09 Jan 2012 10:06 #218 by Martin Ent Inc
As I said, Tebow prays, Polamalu does the Catholic thing Ever play and they show it on the tube during the game. So what's the hype again...

09 Jan 2012 10:16 #219 by ScienceChic

towermonkey wrote: As long as he keeps winning, I don't care if he sacrifices kittens on the 50 yd line before the game...

To quote my favorite line from Galaxy Quest:
[youtube:2udlo4ao]
[/youtube:2udlo4ao]

Nobody that matters wrote: *knock knock*
"Hello?"
"Hello, We're here to talk to you about inappropriate comments posted on an internet forums"
"Are you police?"
"No, we're from the IMHS".

:biggrin:

rofllol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Jan 2012 10:55 #220 by CinnamonGirl

:yeahthat: rofllol :lol: :rofl

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds