Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

12 Dec 2011 15:41 #1 by outdoor338
Tim Tebow’s success as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos has done little to silence his critics who believe that his faith in Jesus Christ has no business on the football field. It doesn’t matter how many touchdown passes he throws or how many games he wins because Tebow will always be a lightning rod for anti-Christian bigots.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/ ... nk2|119501

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2011 15:50 #2 by Reverend Revelant

outdoor338 wrote: Tim Tebow’s success as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos has done little to silence his critics who believe that his faith in Jesus Christ has no business on the football field. It doesn’t matter how many touchdown passes he throws or how many games he wins because Tebow will always be a lightning rod for anti-Christian bigots.

Is Jesus/God helping him divinely to win his games?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

12 Dec 2011 16:00 #3 by navycpo7
Does it really matter what we think, or what T. Tebow thinks, and who cares what people out there have to say. If he or the other players want to pray after a game before a game so what, that is thier choice no one elses choice. If they don't like they also have a choice, don't go to the games, don't participate, don't watch it on tv. It is a pretty simple issue to deal with.

12 Dec 2011 16:03 #4 by Reverend Revelant

navycpo7 wrote: Does it really matter what we think, or what T. Tebow thinks, and who cares what people out there have to say. If he or the other players want to pray after a game before a game so what, that is thier choice no one elses choice. If they don't like they also have a choice, don't go to the games, don't participate, don't watch it on tv. It is a pretty simple issue to deal with.

Are you embarrassed to answer a simple question "Is Jesus/God helping him divinely to win his games?"

12 Dec 2011 16:04 #5 by UNDER MODERATION
Lol

Its the persecution complex again!!! Oh poor Tebow, he's got millions of dollars and the entire country is celebrating his meager acomplishments..He deserves more!

12 Dec 2011 16:13 #6 by Rockdoc
LOL I doubt there us a persecution complex, but there is a dearth of out of the box thinkers among NFL "experts" No divine power is helping the Broncos win games. TIme is simply another human being whose motivation is fueled by anyone who says "You can't". Personally I can't think of a greater motivation than that myself.

And Vl since you are once again spouting off, I only need to ask what accomplishments have you made that are actually real and researchable?

12 Dec 2011 16:15 #7 by navycpo7

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: Does it really matter what we think, or what T. Tebow thinks, and who cares what people out there have to say. If he or the other players want to pray after a game before a game so what, that is thier choice no one elses choice. If they don't like they also have a choice, don't go to the games, don't participate, don't watch it on tv. It is a pretty simple issue to deal with.

Are you embarrassed to answer a simple question "Is Jesus/God helping him divinely to win his games?"

I am not embarrassed by much of anything, I answered the question the way I wanted to. Pretty simple to understand that right.

12 Dec 2011 16:20 #8 by Reverend Revelant

navycpo7 wrote:

I am not embarrassed by much of anything, I answered the question the way I wanted to. Pretty simple to understand that right.

Christians who can't stand up for their faith sicken me. I know if I were a believer, and considering what I have studied in the Hebrew and Greek scriptures, I would have NO PROBLEM in answering that question in the affirmative... yes... Jesus (or God) does divinely help me win my games. Even Tebow himself affrims to that point. Sad that you can't weigh in.

12 Dec 2011 16:31 #9 by Reverend Revelant

outdoor338 wrote: Tim Tebow’s success as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos has done little to silence his critics who believe that his faith in Jesus Christ has no business on the football field. It doesn’t matter how many touchdown passes he throws or how many games he wins because Tebow will always be a lightning rod for anti-Christian bigots.

And unless I'm missing something, from what I have been reading in the general press, it's not just "anti-christian bigots" who are questioning his public displays of faith. Maybe you should consider "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full." Matthew 6:5

12 Dec 2011 16:39 #10 by navycpo7

navycpo7 wrote:

Christians who can't stand up for their faith sicken me. I know if I were a believer, and considering what I have studied in the Hebrew and Greek scriptures, I would have NO PROBLEM in answering that question in the affirmative... yes... Jesus (or God) does divinely help me win my games. Even Tebow himself affrims to that point. Sad that you can't weigh in.

Well I am not exactly a christian, I do not go to church etc. Am I somewhat spiritual that would most likely be closer to what I am. I also have NOT studied the bible or anything else for that fact dealing with scriptures. So it is not up to me to say either way, what is important is for each individual to decide on their own. That said I still do not see an issue of his public display of his faith. Nor anyone else for that matter. So long as one does not force ones practices and faith on others

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds