Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

12 Dec 2011 18:16 #21 by PrintSmith

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Tim Tebow’s success as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos has done little to silence his critics who believe that his faith in Jesus Christ has no business on the football field. It doesn’t matter how many touchdown passes he throws or how many games he wins because Tebow will always be a lightning rod for anti-Christian bigots.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/ ... nk2|119501

Is Jesus/God helping him divinely to win his games?

That's a question you may have a chance to ask the Divine when your time here is finished - along with who killed Kennedy, were the moon landings faked, is anthropogenic climate change real or imagined, is there life after death, do all good dogs really go to heaven and, let us not forget, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Some things we will never know during our mortal lifetimes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2011 18:21 #22 by Arlen
Tebow is using his platform to build a multimillion dollar hospital in the Phillipines for children. I am sure that he prays for game wins to further this project. He believes that God is giving him a platform so that he can do greater good. I am sure that he is correct.

12 Dec 2011 18:22 #23 by Reverend Revelant

PrintSmith wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Tim Tebow’s success as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos has done little to silence his critics who believe that his faith in Jesus Christ has no business on the football field. It doesn’t matter how many touchdown passes he throws or how many games he wins because Tebow will always be a lightning rod for anti-Christian bigots.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/ ... nk2|119501

Is Jesus/God helping him divinely to win his games?

That's a question you may have a chance to ask the Divine when your time here is finished - along with who killed Kennedy, were the moon landings faked, is anthropogenic climate change real or imagined, is there life after death, do all good dogs really go to heaven and, let us not forget, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Some things we will never know during our mortal lifetimes.

You forgot to add that we'll meet Bigfoot, The Gray Aliens, the Lizard People, ancient astronauts and Zeus.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

12 Dec 2011 18:25 #24 by PrintSmith

Kate wrote: Does Timmy thank God for his losses? Does God get the credit for the mistakes Tim makes? I don't watch the Broncos, but I've seen his post-game interviews where he thanks Jesus for the win. I'm just wondering if Jesus also gets the credit for a loss.

I am not surprised that you fail to understand what Tebow is thanking his Lord and Savior for Kate - most religious bigots can't begin to fathom it either, so don't feel left out.

He is not thanking God for the win, nor crediting the win to the Divine. He is thanking his Lord and Savior for all of the things that He has done for him. Thanking the Divine for life, for the gifts bestowed upon himself including his faith, thanking God for being willing to die for one such as he that eternal life may be his. There is much to thank the Creator for Kate - and Tebow does just that. Only those whose eyes and ears are closed fail to understand that thanks are due when times are good and times are bad for all of the gifts bestowed upon them.

Don't worry Kate - Tebow will begin each and every interview with that public thanksgiving win or lose. He will invoke the blessings of the Creator upon everyone at the conclusion as well - win or lose.

12 Dec 2011 18:28 #25 by Reverend Revelant
Why are the Christian apologist so eager to turn Tebow into a Idol?

Quarterbacking Our Country: Tebow Style
Updated: December 12, 2011 | 4:00 p.m.
December 12, 2011 | 12:30 p.m.

Last night, watching Denver quarterback Tim Tebow’s post-game press appearance and President Obama’s interview on CBS’s 60 Minutes, I was struck by the fact that one man is offering his team (and the country actually) the leadership they need while the other is trapped in traditional discourse and scoring political points.
Tebow is not even close to the most physically talented quarterback in the NFL (and he probably isn’t even the most physically talented quarterback on his own team), but he has taken a team sitting in the cellar and lifted it up to playoff contention.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/columns/ ... e-20111212

Idol with feet of sand.

12 Dec 2011 18:41 #26 by Pony Soldier

navycpo7 wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: Does it really matter what we think, or what T. Tebow thinks, and who cares what people out there have to say. If he or the other players want to pray after a game before a game so what, that is thier choice no one elses choice. If they don't like they also have a choice, don't go to the games, don't participate, don't watch it on tv. It is a pretty simple issue to deal with.

Are you embarrassed to answer a simple question "Is Jesus/God helping him divinely to win his games?"

I am not embarrassed by much of anything, I answered the question the way I wanted to. Pretty simple to understand that right.

Christians who can't stand up for their faith sicken me. I know if I were a believer, and considering what I have studied in the Hebrew and Greek scriptures, I would have NO PROBLEM in answering that question in the affirmative... yes... Jesus (or God) does divinely help me win my games. Even Tebow himself affrims to that point. Sad that you can't weigh in.

Well I am not exactly a christian, I do not go to church etc. Am I somewhat spiritual that would most likely be closer to what I am. I also have NOT studied the bible or anything else for that fact dealing with scriptures. So it is not up to me to say either way, what is important is for each individual to decide on their own. That said I still do not see an issue of his public display of his faith. Nor anyone else for that matter. So long as one does not force ones practices and faith on others

Navy, you are a class act.

12 Dec 2011 18:50 #27 by outdoor338
Ha..sure GOP...I don't see Christians turning tebow into an idol. I see excited people from every walk of life and faith that live in Denver cheering tebow on. You may not like that. I challenge you with your statement "I know what Christians believe", not a chance, you have no clue. You may have the head knowledge, but not the heart knowledge. That would be like me saying, I know what GOP believes, that would be a lie! I don't know and don't care. I find peace in God, you don't. You have made that very clear in what you have said here...you're even taking scriptures out of context and twisting them to fit your argument....

12 Dec 2011 18:56 #28 by Pony Soldier
If the guy came off the field and carved a pentagram on his forehead while drinking chicken blood, I wouldn't care as long as he wins the games. Its a nice boon to Christians that he is so vocal but, as he said in an interview on CBS, "God doesn't care who wins a football game. He just gives me the talent to compete."

12 Dec 2011 18:59 #29 by outdoor338

12 Dec 2011 19:08 #30 by Reverend Revelant

outdoor338 wrote: Ha..sure GOP...I don't see Christians turning tebow into an idol. I see excited people from every walk of life and faith that live in Denver cheering tebow on. You may not like that. I challenge you with your statement "I know what Christians believe", not a chance, you have no clue. You may have the head knowledge, but not the heart knowledge. That would be like me saying, I know what GOP believes, that would be a lie! I don't know and don't care. I find peace in God, you don't. You have made that very clear in what you have said here...you're even taking scriptures out of context and twisting them to fit your argument....

You mean heart... like liberal's "feel"? Now... tell me which scripture I have taken out of context and how it was taken out of context. You may want to discuss with me the actual context. Bring it on... I feel it in my heart.

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds