Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

12 Dec 2011 16:42 #11 by Reverend Revelant

navycpo7 wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: Does it really matter what we think, or what T. Tebow thinks, and who cares what people out there have to say. If he or the other players want to pray after a game before a game so what, that is thier choice no one elses choice. If they don't like they also have a choice, don't go to the games, don't participate, don't watch it on tv. It is a pretty simple issue to deal with.

Are you embarrassed to answer a simple question "Is Jesus/God helping him divinely to win his games?"

I am not embarrassed by much of anything, I answered the question the way I wanted to. Pretty simple to understand that right.

Christians who can't stand up for their faith sicken me. I know if I were a believer, and considering what I have studied in the Hebrew and Greek scriptures, I would have NO PROBLEM in answering that question in the affirmative... yes... Jesus (or God) does divinely help me win my games. Even Tebow himself affrims to that point. Sad that you can't weigh in.

Well I am not exactly a christian, I do not go to church etc. Am I somewhat spiritual that would most likely be closer to what I am. I also have NOT studied the bible or anything else for that fact dealing with scriptures. So it is not up to me to say either way, what is important is for each individual to decide on their own. That said I still do not see an issue of his public display of his faith. Nor anyone else for that matter. So long as one does not force ones practices and faith on others

Ok... I can agree with that. I'm an atheist who has studied the scriptures, and world religions, so I base my opinions on what I know Christians believe, and what I don't believe. Confusing :)

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2011 16:52 #12 by Soulshiner
I don't think there is a problem with Tebow's faith. I think people have a problem with others claiming that his being a devout christian is the reason that he is able to produce these "miracle" 4th quarter wins. He has proclaimed his faith out in public, so others are commenting on it, good and bad. That's what happens when you go public. Denver has a way of deifying the Bronco quarterback and the swing in their fortunes since TT became the new Elway has only solidified the idolatry of TT. I would think true christian would have a problem with the idolatry of a sports figure...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

12 Dec 2011 16:54 #13 by outdoor338
GOP, you ask a good question, and honestly I can't answer it. I can tell you tebow is not praying to win as many accuse him of, he is praying to do his best...that's pretty much my humble opinion. I like the guy, didn't like the broncos beating my Vikings, but that's OK..there is always another year.

12 Dec 2011 17:01 #14 by outdoor338
I would agree with you soul, what scares me is that our kids and young adults look up to athletes who have issues with drugs, beating up their wives or girlfriends, dog fighting, murder, etc... tebow is a good role model, clean cut, and helps so many..he can't be all that bad!

12 Dec 2011 17:03 #15 by Something the Dog Said

outdoor338 wrote: Tim Tebow’s success as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos has done little to silence his critics who believe that his faith in Jesus Christ has no business on the football field. It doesn’t matter how many touchdown passes he throws or how many games he wins because Tebow will always be a lightning rod for anti-Christian bigots.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/ ... nk2|119501

I notice that the fox news commentator cites no actual instances where Tebow is attacked because of his faith. What I have noticed is that anytime criticizes Tebow for his play on the football field and doubt that he will be succesfull, they are attacked as being anti-Christian. I am not a Christian myself, but I do admire that Tebow talks the talk and walks the walk. He is one of the few personalities that profess their religion and actually practice it admirably.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

12 Dec 2011 17:04 #16 by Kate
Does Timmy thank God for his losses? Does God get the credit for the mistakes Tim makes? I don't watch the Broncos, but I've seen his post-game interviews where he thanks Jesus for the win. I'm just wondering if Jesus also gets the credit for a loss.

12 Dec 2011 17:05 #17 by Reverend Revelant

outdoor338 wrote: GOP, you ask a good question, and honestly I can't answer it. I can tell you tebow is not praying to win as many accuse him of, he is praying to do his best...that's pretty much my humble opinion. I like the guy, didn't like the broncos beating my Vikings, but that's OK..there is always another year.

Let's see if I can explain this? I don't really care about his public display of his faith. But his displays are certainly not Christian like. There are many Greek Scriptures (New Testament) which speak against overt public displays of faith and attracting undue attention to ones self because of that faith. And as someone mentioned above, there seems to be a tendency to make Tebow into an idol, a divinely lead prophet and someone who is winning the games because of the direct hand of God. That doesn't comport with what the scriptures say about a Christians exercise of faith.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

12 Dec 2011 17:07 #18 by LadyJazzer
He'd better hope there's not a guy on the other side praying to Jesus for the win when they play... (What happens? Do we get competing Jesus's? Jesus flips a coin?)

12 Dec 2011 17:12 #19 by Something the Dog Said
I don't think Tebow thanks God for the wins or losses. He simply gives thanks to his God as praise, not for the game. Again, normally I am offended by prosetlyzing, but I don't see this as anything but a sincere belief.

On another point, I am curious how Fox News would handle this if he said Praise be to Allah and the Prophet Muhammed. Somehow I believe their outrage would be directed in a different direction.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

12 Dec 2011 17:28 #20 by cydl

navycpo7 wrote: Does it really matter what we think, or what T. Tebow thinks, and who cares what people out there have to say. If he or the other players want to pray after a game before a game so what, that is thier choice no one elses choice. If they don't like they also have a choice, don't go to the games, don't participate, don't watch it on tv. It is a pretty simple issue to deal with.

Well said. I fail to understand what IS the big deal???!!! Tebow's a big boy and he can do what he wants. He's not shoving his religion down anyone's throats that I can see.

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds