Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

13 Dec 2011 12:42 #81 by The Viking

Kate wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Its clear to me, he's thanking his team mates...players do that Kate, or you're going to tell me something different...having played several years of football, after a win, lots of back slapping goes on in the locker room, and congrats to coaches and players. When a player goes to a press conference, they thank their team mates and coaches for a win publicly...

Using your logic, since he is (according to you) thanking his teammates for the win, he is then also thanking Jesus for the win, since it's all said in the same sentence. I'm pretty sure that most people in America are interpreting his remarks that way.

I really don't care what he says, but I would like him - when they next lose - to thank Jesus for the defeat, as well as thanking his teammates for the defeat. That would be consistent.

You are one of the very few who don't get it I think. I explained it above.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he thanked Jesus for everything he has even after a loss. he is blessed in so many ways and thanks Him for everything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Dec 2011 12:46 #82 by Kate

The Viking wrote:

Kate wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Its clear to me, he's thanking his team mates...players do that Kate, or you're going to tell me something different...having played several years of football, after a win, lots of back slapping goes on in the locker room, and congrats to coaches and players. When a player goes to a press conference, they thank their team mates and coaches for a win publicly...

Using your logic, since he is (according to you) thanking his teammates for the win, he is then also thanking Jesus for the win, since it's all said in the same sentence. I'm pretty sure that most people in America are interpreting his remarks that way.

I really don't care what he says, but I would like him - when they next lose - to thank Jesus for the defeat, as well as thanking his teammates for the defeat. That would be consistent.

You are one of the very few who don't get it I think. I explained it above.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he thanked Jesus for everything he has even after a loss. he is blessed in so many ways and thanks Him for everything.

Oh, I totally understand what several of you are trying to say, but it's just not consistent. In the same sentence, he thanks Jesus and then thanks his teammates. I'm just trying to get clarification on what he is thankful for. Is it the win or is it something more religious? Several of you think he is thanking his teammates for the win (or the help for the win) and yet you are also saying that he is then thanking Jesus for something other than the win - within the same sentence.

13 Dec 2011 12:49 #83 by Nobody that matters

Kate wrote: I really don't care what he says, but I would like him - when they next lose - to thank Jesus for the defeat, as well as thanking his teammates for the defeat. That would be consistent.

That would be consistant, but it would also be a stupid move and show him to be an incredibly bad leader.

A good leader shares the glory and hoards the blame.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

13 Dec 2011 12:50 #84 by Kate

Nobody that matters wrote:

Kate wrote: I really don't care what he says, but I would like him - when they next lose - to thank Jesus for the defeat, as well as thanking his teammates for the defeat. That would be consistent.

That would be consistant, but it would also be a stupid move and show him to be an incredibly bad leader.

Well, maybe we will find out on Sunday.

13 Dec 2011 12:54 #85 by Nobody that matters

Kate wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote:

Well, maybe we will find out on Sunday.

I hope not. :biggrin:

13 Dec 2011 15:58 #86 by Soulshiner
I have yet to find out what TT said after the loss to the Lions...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

13 Dec 2011 16:39 #87 by The Viking

Soulshiner wrote: I have yet to find out what TT said after the loss to the Lions...

No major injuries, he still had his health, he had a job, has his faith and family. He probably thanked Jesus for everything in his life then too.

13 Dec 2011 18:14 #88 by Nobody that matters

Soulshiner wrote: I have yet to find out what TT said after the loss to the Lions...

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-tebow-ign ... 9412.story

“I’m grounded upon my faith, my family, and that’s what grounds me,” Tebow says. “Football is what I do for a living and what I do for fun. If I rode the roller coaster of what everybody says about me, then my life would be a lot more hectic than what it is.”

Detroit Lions Linebacker Stephen Tulloch wasn’t shy about Tebowing in front of Tebow after dropping the quarterback for a sack.

“Obviously you don’t know somebody’s intentions, so you don’t want to judge. I won’t judge what he did, but I think he was probably just having fun. I think he was just excited he made a good play, he got a sack, and good for him,” he says. “He was just celebrating, having fun with his teammates, and I don’t take offense to that.”

And about the loss...

“I was bothered I gave up a sack and I didn’t break the tackle, yes, that bothered me,” Tebow says.

So, any other googleing you want me to do for you?

13 Dec 2011 18:20 #89 by bailey bud

I'm just trying to get clarification on what he is thankful for.

pay-day.

13 Dec 2011 18:42 #90 by Rick

bailey bud wrote:

I'm just trying to get clarification on what he is thankful for.

pay-day.

I think the kids he helps are a bigger pay-day for him....just a guess.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds