Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

15 Dec 2011 08:01 #111 by LOL

Nobody that matters wrote: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offbeat/colorado-brewery-to-introduce-tebow-beer-ncxdc-121511

Tebrew. Tebow beer.

The first 3/4 of the bottle are water, all the good stuff settles to the bottom.

Tebrew! I like it, good idea.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2011 08:51 #112 by Rockdoc

CinnamonGirl wrote: Listen, I think the reason people really like him is he is not pushing himself on anyone. He was miked up last game and it was on NFL network last night (cutler even tried say something nice) but I gotta give it to him he lives his faith without being pushy or telling others how to live. Yeah, he mentions it alot but I don't see him trying to change anyone or being intolerant at all. And I have heard alot of commentators say that this is the attitude that young kids in high school should emulate. I would think this would be refreshing for anyone even if you don't believe in god.

I was mad at him for his book crap in the off season. Writing a book before you even do anything seemed ridiculous. Looking purely from a sports perspective. But I am a football fan and he is winning. The talk is not just about football. He is something different in this cut throat business that is reluctant to change. He has people changing for him and he does it without pushing. As Rome put it, leave it to Beaver stuff. It is working.

Just a quick note on the miked up thing. He put his arm around Thomas and told him he was going to be the hero of the game and catch the game winner. Then the next drive that is what happened.

He just has a way about him. I hope it stays that way.

Yes, CG, that is what I admire also. In a different way he is the Roger Federer of Football. Let's hope he stays as humble as he is. I've little to believe he will not. As such he and Roger are the best role models we have for kids.

15 Dec 2011 08:56 #113 by CinnamonGirl
Oh... Fed. I love him and Nadal. You are right about that. Tennis is a really good example. You can't blame your shortcomings on anyone but yourself. I love Roger. And the fact that he speaks four languages is so cool as well.

15 Dec 2011 09:04 #114 by CinnamonGirl
Viking found his miked up thing on youtube. You make the call.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=...682&p=182918#p182918 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16682&p=182918#p182918<!-- l -->

15 Dec 2011 11:38 #115 by Rockdoc
I watched that video and it is revealing for sure. One of the more effective motivational approaches is to express belief in your teammates. Obviously there are some players and individuals in life who respond better to threats and yelling, but it seems a more positive approach is better than a negative one.

15 Dec 2011 11:50 #116 by Soulshiner
As always, the media is whipping this into a frenzy, stirring up both sides to keep selling ads. The stories could be about his football abilities and the comebacks and resurgence of the Broncos, but that wouldn't be as polarizing and the media recognizes an opportunity to sensationalize TT and turn it into a religious debate and sell more car insurance and beer. That what this is all about really, cash.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

15 Dec 2011 12:19 #117 by Rick

Soulshiner wrote: As always, the media is whipping this into a frenzy, stirring up both sides to keep selling ads. The stories could be about his football abilities and the comebacks and resurgence of the Broncos, but that wouldn't be as polarizing and the media recognizes an opportunity to sensationalize TT and turn it into a religious debate and sell more car insurance and beer. That what this is all about really, cash.

I don't see this as any kind of a religious debate as I do it being about a young man who has used his ability, his great attitude, and the stength he gets from his belief to better himself and help people around him. The media will of course keep him in the spotlight as long as people demand it...why wouldn't they? Michael Vic was also in the spotlight for a long time and for a different reason. I hope more people like Tebow emerge over time and continue to get more attention for being and doing good....that would be a great change in journalism.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Dec 2011 12:30 #118 by Soulshiner
Without the debate, the story would have vanished from the public eye a while ago. With the 24 hour news cycle, stories come and go and only the sensational ones are kept at the top. The media is selling the story to sell the ads. That is why they exist now, to sell ads. Vick, TT, Lohan, Kardashian, Palin, Cain, the list of sensational stories used to stoke the public's ire and sell deodorant is long...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

15 Dec 2011 12:53 #119 by Rick

Soulshiner wrote: Without the debate, the story would have vanished from the public eye a while ago. With the 24 hour news cycle, stories come and go and only the sensational ones are kept at the top. The media is selling the story to sell the ads. That is why they exist now, to sell ads. Vick, TT, Lohan, Kardashian, Palin, Cain, the list of sensational stories used to stoke the public's ire and sell deodorant is long...

I guess I just don't see what there is to debate. If it's whether or not "God" is playing favorites, that's a pretty small debate and certainly not voiced by Tebow.

The story that is so compelling is that Tebow doesn't have the standard NFL QB "elite" status and is helping to win by unconventional ways.....his religious beliefs are just part of the story. You could debate whether or not he will be able to be an Elway or a Manning but I don't think that's the debate you are referring to.

It's a great story and it would be dumb not to report it. When the Broncos eventually lose, I'm sure there will be a tidal wave of stories saying "SEE! He's not so great after all!" Just watch.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Dec 2011 16:20 #120 by Rockdoc
Indeed. Peter King labels the Broncos with Tebow the most compelling NFl story in the past 27 years he has been writing about the NFL. Peter King writes about football not religion. Of course, no matter what there will always be some who try to capitialize on another for their own benefit, be it religion or some product that they sell. The reason the Broncos and Tebow success has not gone away is because it is a week in and week out football recurrence. There is no need of sensationalizing the story because it is sensational all on its own.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds