Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

16 Dec 2011 19:08 #141 by CinnamonGirl
Because we have such awesome weather it is a ton of fun to be at the games. I have been a football fan since I was five.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2011 20:06 #142 by navycpo7

AspenValley wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: [What part do you not get. He is not asking you to do anything for him, he is not forcing nothing upon anyone. The media has hyped this up so much, that is where alot of the problem is. Leave the guy alone and let him do his thing.

And what part do you not get? I just wanted to know who this person was that was causing all this controversy, and when I found out, I simply said "ho hum, another over-hyped sports star."

He (and everybody interested enough in him to give a flying F) can do whatever the heck he (and they) want. I don't see how failing to care about him or his agenda/reputation/whatever is somehow not "leaving the guy alone".

I assure you this post is absolutely the last thought I will waste on him.

As I read what you wrote went back as read again what I wrote, I owe you an (spelling) apolige, I did not mean it to sound like it was directed at you, it was suppose to be in general. Anyway I needed to let you know, nothing meant at you. Sorry

16 Dec 2011 22:56 - 17 Dec 2011 07:21 #143 by Rockdoc

AspenValley wrote: I assure you this post is absolutely the last thought I will waste on him.

Knowing that you are a very thoughtful person, I think it would be unfortunate for you to consider Tebow as wasted thought. We are in agreement that there are many overhyped, overpaid, egotistical athletes and because they make up an overwhelming majority, stories to the contrary like Tebow's garner a great deal of skepticism. Football aside, Tebow is worthy consideration as a human being first and foremost. I do not embrace religion, but I respect him for who he is and how he conducts his life. It is admirable especially under the intensity of turmoil thrust upon him..

17 Dec 2011 02:13 #144 by ScienceChic

PrintSmith wrote:

Photo-fish wrote: Besides everybody knows that God is a Packer fan.

If God is a Packer fan, why are sunrises Orange and Blue instead of Gold and Green? Everyone knows Colorado is God's favored piece of land; everyone else is downstream of us. . . . :thumbsup:

PrintSmith wrote: You know that God doesn't dwell on the land, don't you? He lives in the skies. I somehow can't find where the favor lies when the time of year that green and gold prevail is the time of year when life is going into hibernation, but that's just me I suppose. ;)

On second thought, Reggie White did say he would go where God told him to go and he wound up in Green Bay, so I suppose maybe God has an affinity for that area as well. More telling though is how many folks from there end up here. I would have to say that migration is greater from Wisconsin to Colorado than the other way around, wouldn't you?

"God doesn't dwell on the land"? I thought that God was manifested in everything? And while CO may at this point in geologic time contain the majority of highest points in the contiguous US, thus making some people (we don't hydrate the entire country) "downstream of us", at one point this area was a mile below sea level...we weren't always on top... :)

I'm sorry, but that whole sunset color thing is dumb - sunsets are every color in the rainbow, and the hundreds of football teams in this country alone are every color of the rainbow; there are dozens of teams alone with the orange and blue colors - I'm pretty sure that if God exists, He doesn't care that much about one single team. To use it as a reason that He loves the Broncos, and, by extension, that we should be fans because of this, is lame. Love the Broncos because they are successful, have good, role-model athletes, give back to their community, are fun to watch, etc, but don't make them sound like they are all that and a bag of chips, "Blessed By the Almighty", just because of their team colors. Cuz if that were the case, I'm pretty sure that they'd go undefeated a whole lot more, if God's as powerful as claimed. :biggrin: (And I'm cutting you off before you can start the next justification, that He lets them lose to teach them and us humility, perseverance, etc, etc)

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Photo-fish wrote: And why would they have an undefeated season so far if he did not like them?

Gorgeous pictures. But to the point. Perhaps for the same reason he had NE go undefeated into the Superbowl?

Have :biggrin: to ask this question then: NE was caught cheating when they went undefeated, so...does God endorse cheaters, does this mean that the Packers are also cheating, or was He trying to teach us a lesson? lol

I find life as an agnostic so much simpler. tongue:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Dec 2011 06:07 #145 by CinnamonGirl

I'm sorry, but that whole sunset color thing is dumb - sunsets are every color in the rainbow, and the hundreds of football teams in this country alone are every color of the rainbow; there are dozens of teams alone with the orange and blue colors - I'm pretty sure that if God exists, He doesn't care that much about one single team. To use it as a reason that He loves the Broncos, and, by extension, that we should be fans because of this, is lame. Love the Broncos because they are successful, have good, role-model athletes, give back to their community, are fun to watch, etc, but don't make them sound like they are all that and a bag of chips, "Blessed By the Almighty", just because of their team colors. Cuz if that were the case, I'm pretty sure that they'd go undefeated a whole lot more, if God's as powerful as claimed. (And I'm cutting you off before you can start the next justification, that He lets them lose to teach them and us humility, perseverance, etc, etc)

Photo fish and I have a long standing rivalry. Let us tease each other. Cheese heads are dumb.

17 Dec 2011 06:22 #146 by ScienceChic

CinnamonGirl wrote: Photo fish and I have a long standing rivalry. Let us tease each other. Cheese heads are dumb.

No problem, have fun! I just wanted to open my big mouth and state my case about it. :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Dec 2011 07:36 #147 by Rockdoc

I'm sorry, but that whole sunset color thing is dumb - sunsets are every color in the rainbow, and the hundreds of football teams in this country alone are every color of the rainbow; there are dozens of teams alone with the orange and blue colors - I'm pretty sure that if God exists, He doesn't care that much about one single team. To use it as a reason that He loves the Broncos, and, by extension, that we should be fans because of this, is lame. Love the Broncos because they are successful, have good, role-model athletes, give back to their community, are fun to watch, etc, but don't make them sound like they are all that and a bag of chips, "Blessed By the Almighty", just because of their team colors. Cuz if that were the case, I'm pretty sure that they'd go undefeated a whole lot more, if God's as powerful as claimed. (And I'm cutting you off before you can start the next justification, that He lets them lose to teach them and us humility, perseverance, etc, etc)

@ SC Oh ye of little faith. :biggrin: Why do you need to be so serious? Of course God exists through faith in people's minds, just like scinetific fact exists through faith in our minds. Take for example, the 700 million year half life of 235U. At millions of years in periodicity, there is no way we can ever directly observe its decay cycle completely. Instead we take it on faith that its decay proceeds systematically in a fashion similar to that of isotopes with far shorter and observable decay series. So if faith plays such a critical role in scientific thought, who are we to say that God can not exists in people's mind with the same kind of reality faith augmented truth exists in our minds? In fact, I once saw something that really helped me deal with conflicts of this nature. God is truth and the only access we ever have to either one is through faith.

So, what remains is that God is a Broncos fan with each and every orange and blue sunset or sunrise over Colorado. rofllol

17 Dec 2011 09:48 #148 by Photo-fish

CinnamonGirl wrote: Why are sunsets orange and blue? Photo fish?

Smog, pollution, forest fires, dust storms and volcanic activity coupled with humidity...

Yep, those beautiful sunsets are all caused by good things. :thumbsup:

PrintSmith wrote: I would have to say that migration is greater from Wisconsin to Colorado than the other way around, wouldn't you?

I would agree, us midwest transplants love Colorado but we remain fans of the team we grew up with. Hence the term Packer Nation. :wink:

Science Chic wrote: so...does God endorse cheaters, does this mean that the Packers are also cheating,

Blasphemer! :biggrin:

Go Pack!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

17 Dec 2011 10:53 #149 by LadyJazzer

AspenValley wrote: Who is Tim Tebow and why should I care?

:yeahthat:

I'm curious about how many in this Tebow-loving crowd would be so up for "letting him express himself" and "how wonderful he is to publicly express his faith"...if his faith turned out to be Muslim, Hindu, ....

Methinks all of a sudden the Right would turn and eat him...

17 Dec 2011 11:24 #150 by Soulshiner
I think there are more beautiful sunsets in Nebraska than here in Colorado...

And the half life of 235U is a matter of faith?!?

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds