Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

17 Dec 2011 14:11 - 17 Dec 2011 14:16 #151 by Rockdoc

LadyJazzer wrote:

AspenValley wrote: Who is Tim Tebow and why should I care?

:yeahthat:

I'm curious about how many in this Tebow-loving crowd would be so up for "letting him express himself" and "how wonderful he is to publicly express his faith"...if his faith turned out to be Muslim, Hindu, ....

Methinks all of a sudden the Right would turn and eat him...

This is where one needs to follow world cup soccer. Then you can see the practice of various faiths on the sports field. It simply does not make a huge impact. Don't muslims express themselves each and every time they take over streets to pray? How many of them act with genuine generosity as opposed to defiance? As I wrote previously, I could care less about Tebow and his religion. What draws me to him is how he lives his life. Honestly, not as a hypocrite and the fact he is doing some amazing things against all the naysayers. Left and right have nothing to do with anything no matter how much you wish to make it into some stupid political slanted position, to none of which I subscribe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Dec 2011 14:12 #152 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote:

I'm curious about how many in this Tebow-loving crowd would be so up for "letting him express himself" and "how wonderful he is to publicly express his faith"...if his faith turned out to be Muslim, Hindu, ....

Predictably ignorant comment as usual...what took you so long?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Dec 2011 15:03 #153 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote:

You should be more curious if the media would be treating a Muslim player who publicly expressed his faith the same way as Tebow? Do you think lefty talker Bill Press would say on his radio talk show... "Muslim player... shut the f*k up"?

[youtube:3qiopq2h]

![/youtube:3qiopq2h]

I don't think so. Would you tell a Muslim player to shut the f*k up?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

17 Dec 2011 15:23 #154 by LadyJazzer

LLIB wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

Predictably ignorant comment as usual...what took you so long?

Predictably ignorant non-response response and deflection... What took YOU so long?

17 Dec 2011 16:12 #155 by Sundance
This whole Tebow thing makes me want to throw up. I know I am in the minority when it comes to sports, (having grown up around it in my family (being a recovering Catholic) & I know it is the American way) but REALLY!

Why hasn't anyone in the world of bull riding made an issue of many of the bull riders kneeling on 1 knee & giving thanks to God after having a safe (if you can call it that) ride on a bull? To me this is true AMERICA!!

The city kids in this Country have nothing but this crazed sports & watch adults act & put these players up there like they are a God, just like Todd Starnes mentioned. I grew up in the city & now living here in Co. it just warms my heart seeing young folks participating in 4-H & working on ranches.

Why did those H.S. kids in P.A. kneel on the floor in their H.S.? Why did they not do that outside of school? Was it because it was fashionable? Here we go again nothing but sports.

I like John Travolta, so if I see a picture of him I genuflect to the picture, just like I did in Vegas last month. Why did I say this? Just to show how stupid I think this whole thing is.

17 Dec 2011 16:19 #156 by Rockdoc
What is stupid is the polarity of it all. Why can't a rookie QB be left to develop without all the hype? Why can the media not pick up on Tebow's clue that it isn't Tebow time but Bronco time? We all know that win or loose this weekend, much fuss will be made over the success or failure. Much more than needs to be.

17 Dec 2011 16:50 #157 by Sundance
Right on Rockdoc Franz! Very well said. The news media (as we all know) picks up on anything that makes headlines. "If it bleeds it leads".

So anyway there I was at 10,000ft. Does anyone have an answer to my questions about the bull riders kneeling on 1 knee giving thanks to the Lord after their ride & this not being a blown out issue across the U.S.? Or the P.A. kids? What was up with that?

17 Dec 2011 18:25 #158 by archer
I feel bad for Tebow. It's hard enough being a young quarterback in the NFL, without having your every move and statement analyzed and criticized. The kid must have enormous self control to appear so calm and in control with all that scrutiny. I do wonder what he thinks when he closes the door and is home alone.

17 Dec 2011 19:39 #159 by Rockdoc
I can't imagine going through the same thing myself, Archer. It's one of many things that sets Tebow apart from the herd. Perhpas the media ought to focus on Cam Newton? He's having a record-breaking season as a rookie and more. WIth all that going why is the interest not more intense there instead of here (meaning Tebow)?

17 Dec 2011 19:45 #160 by Arlen
Rockdoc, you have made an astute observation. Tebow has been right 'on spot' all of this time by pointing to his teammates and giving them the credit for their accomplishments. It is the media who is out of its collective mind. Tebow has not been out of line with his devotion to God. He is one among many other athletes who give honor to God for their abilities. It is the media who has created the exception and stirred the liberals into a lather about Tebow being over the top.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds