Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

13 Dec 2011 20:02 #101 by The Viking

LLIB wrote:

Soulshiner wrote: That "miracle" owes everything to Marion Barber...

There would have also been a different outcome if all the great passes from Tebow were not dropped. Games hinge on little things throughout the game, not just one QB or a bad play from Barber.

Yup. Thomas dropped a TD pass and there were 5 dropped balls that would have kept drives going and then it wouldn't have come down to the last minute again. Barber made a mistake and so did many Bronco Players. That is football. And the 'miracle' is owed to the Defense who stripped the ball. Tebow inspires the entire team more than anyone in decades!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Dec 2011 21:09 #102 by Rockdoc

LLIB wrote:

There would have also been a different outcome if all the great passes from Tebow were not dropped. Games hinge on little things throughout the game, not just one QB or a bad play from Barber.

Precisely. As a receiver you need to get that ball in your hands not have it bounce off your chest. At least 5 passes were dropped early in the game. That too would have made a huge difference. These guys are getting paid to make catches not drops.

13 Dec 2011 21:14 #103 by Rockdoc

The Viking wrote:

LLIB wrote:

Yup. Thomas dropped a TD pass and there were 5 dropped balls that would have kept drives going and then it wouldn't have come down to the last minute again. Barber made a mistake and so did many Bronco Players. That is football. And the 'miracle' is owed to the Defense who stripped the ball. Tebow inspires the entire team more than anyone in decades!

And frankly, that is the primary difference... the inspiration and demonstration that it's not gong to be another Orton fold job as the game comes to a close. Now there are lots of people pulling together. First the defense began playing better and better. Then Fox bought in and made some changes to go to Tebow's strengths, and most recently, Elway has come on board. It was obvious that Elway was not on board the Tebow night train until after this last game. I think he was still playing lip service up to that point.

13 Dec 2011 21:17 #104 by Rick

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

LLIB wrote:

Precisely. As a receiver you need to get that ball in your hands not have it bounce off your chest. At least 5 passes were dropped early in the game. That too would have made a huge difference. These guys are getting paid to make catches not drops.

I have a feeling there will be far more passes this next game which should keep the recievers more warmed up too.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Dec 2011 04:09 #105 by CinnamonGirl
"Rrabbi fears Tebow Super Bowl win might cause Christians to rampage or something”

Lots of Fox News links in this thread.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/12/14/t ... hing-post/

[youtube:o4g8r4k2]
[/youtube:o4g8r4k2]

15 Dec 2011 04:58 #106 by LadyJazzer
What can you say... FauxNews is ALL bat-sh*t-crazy.....

15 Dec 2011 05:55 #107 by Rockdoc

CinnamonGirl wrote: "Rrabbi fears Tebow Super Bowl win might cause Christians to rampage or something”

Lots of Fox News links in this thread.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/12/14/t ... hing-post/

[youtube:2jc8zqdx]

[/youtube:2jc8zqdx]

Can you say stupid? There are obviously some who are always over the top. It's football not religion, but more damage gets done by religious zealots all in the name of God, than by any other group of people.

15 Dec 2011 07:39 #108 by Nobody that matters
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offbeat/colorado-brewery-to-introduce-tebow-beer-ncxdc-121511

Tebrew. Tebow beer.

The first 3/4 of the bottle are water, all the good stuff settles to the bottom.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

15 Dec 2011 07:46 #109 by Rockdoc

Nobody that matters wrote: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offbeat/colorado-brewery-to-introduce-tebow-beer-ncxdc-121511

Tebrew. Tebow beer.

The first 3/4 of the bottle are water, all the good stuff settles to the bottom.

Once again your wit and humor comes through. Thanks. A good way to start the day.

15 Dec 2011 07:55 #110 by CinnamonGirl
Listen, I think the reason people really like him is he is not pushing himself on anyone. He was miked up last game and it was on NFL network last night (cutler even tried say something nice) but I gotta give it to him he lives his faith without being pushy or telling others how to live. Yeah, he mentions it alot but I don't see him trying to change anyone or being intolerant at all. And I have heard alot of commentators say that this is the attitude that young kids in high school should emulate. I would think this would be refreshing for anyone even if you don't believe in god.

I was mad at him for his book crap in the off season. Writing a book before you even do anything seemed ridiculous. Looking purely from a sports perspective. But I am a football fan and he is winning. The talk is not just about football. He is something different in this cut throat business that is reluctant to change. He has people changing for him and he does it without pushing. As Rome put it, leave it to Beaver stuff. It is working.

Just a quick note on the miked up thing. He put his arm around Thomas and told him he was going to be the hero of the game and catch the game winner. Then the next drive that is what happened.

He just has a way about him. I hope it stays that way.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds