Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

13 Dec 2011 07:33 #61 by outdoor338
Thanks nobody, well said!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Dec 2011 08:08 #62 by 2wlady
I don't think it's hypocrisy on Tebow's part.

Rockdoc wrote:

Why is it anyone's business how and when one finds spirituality or their connection to faith?

Not my business. But when I watch a game and see him "Tebowing," it becomes my business. I didn't ask him to kneel and pray in front of me. Do it in the locker room.

13 Dec 2011 08:18 - 13 Dec 2011 09:38 #63 by Nobody that matters

2wlady wrote: I don't think it's hypocrisy on Tebow's part.

Rockdoc wrote:

Why is it anyone's business how and when one finds spirituality or their connection to faith?

Not my business. But when I watch a game and see him "Tebowing," it becomes my business. I didn't ask him to kneel and pray in front of me. Do it in the locker room.

Don't watch the Broncos games, then you won't be offended. Nobody's forcing you to turn to that channel.

Maybe you'd rather see him taking a piss on the sidelines, adjusting his cup, or doing a farmer blow with bugers all over his facemask? Or how about cussin up a storm so the announcers have to apologize to those can read lips?

If you're offended by his going to his knee, you're too easilly offended.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

13 Dec 2011 09:25 #64 by PrintSmith

Kate wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Ha..sure GOP...I don't see Christians turning tebow into an idol. I see excited people from every walk of life and faith that live in Denver cheering tebow on. You may not like that. I challenge you with your statement "I know what Christians believe", not a chance, you have no clue. You may have the head knowledge, but not the heart knowledge. That would be like me saying, I know what GOP believes, that would be a lie! I don't know and don't care. I find peace in God, you don't. You have made that very clear in what you have said here...you're even taking scriptures out of context and twisting them to fit your argument....

And yet, PrintSmith can tell us what Tebow is thinking and believing.

PrintSmith can tell you because PrintSmith listens to what the person themselves has said rather than allowing religious bigotry to do his thinking for him. You might try it sometime Kate - listening that is.

13 Dec 2011 09:32 - 13 Dec 2011 09:39 #65 by Pony Soldier

Nobody that matters wrote: If you're offended by his going to his knee, you're too easilly offended.

Quote of the day.

13 Dec 2011 09:37 #66 by Nobody that matters

towermonkey wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote: If you're offended by his going to his knee, you're too easilly offended.

Quote of the day.

Thanks, but please allow me to fix the first 'your'. :biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

13 Dec 2011 09:41 #67 by Rick

archer wrote: Uh oh, lightening may strike me, but I agree with trouble. Whatever Tebow believes is really none of our business, but it is his right, and part of his "charm", that he feels comfortable expressing it in public. I just don't get the hating on the man because of his beliefs, so what if you don't agree with him or his religion, it's his religious beliefs not yours, and more power to him for not being afraid, or embarrassed, to express them. I am not a particularly religious person, but I am not uncomfortable if others express their beliefs in my presence, I only object if they try to change my beliefs, or push their particular religion on me. Tebow has done none of that, he seems to be a genuinely nice guy and a very talented athlete who also happens to be a christian. Why isn't that enough for people?

I kinda had to skim through this and agreed with a few and had to ignore a couple idiots...then I found this post which I agree with and can relate to the most. Very well said archer, couldn't have said it better. I also never hear Tebow giving God credit for any wins, he just gives credit to his fellow players. (unless GOP can prove ootherwise)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Dec 2011 09:45 #68 by Rick

Rockdoc wrote:

It's called freedom, something so many have died for in this country. You should be happy he's not hauled away and killed for expressing his religious beliefs like in some other countries. And BTW, he doesn't represent the government, only himself.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Dec 2011 09:48 #69 by Reverend Revelant

LLIB wrote:

Rockdoc wrote:

It's called freedom, something so many have died for in this country. You should be happy he's not hauled away and killed for expressing his religious beliefs like in some other countries. And BTW, he doesn't represent the government, only himself.

Wow... what a great idea. I bet that would get some of the non-sports people interested in watching. I know I would.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

13 Dec 2011 09:52 #70 by Rick

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

LLIB wrote:

Rockdoc wrote:

Wow... what a great idea. I bet that would get some of the non-sports people interested in watching. I know I would.

Careful GOP, the line between you and VL is getting a little fuzzy.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds