Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

16 Dec 2011 06:21 #121 by 2wlady
Please, God, make it stop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2011 06:53 #122 by Rockdoc
Please God keep it going all the way through the Super Bowl. And then follow him as he works or uses his personal funds at or to build an orphanage or does some other thoughtful and kind deed to help mankind.

16 Dec 2011 07:00 #123 by Photo-fish
There are a lot of outspoken Christian NFL players. There is nothing that Tebow has done or said that other players have not in the past. Tebow just seems to be the lightning rod for this topic. I would bet there may be a small part of him that is embarrassed by all the attention or concerned that it will be a distraction from the team performing their best.

IMO this is a very extreme case of the media feeding the public interest. If they did not report about it so much and if 'Tebowing' had not entered the picture, he would be just a good rookie QB that has faith. The hype is a bit much right now, IMO, and you see it everywhere including the race for the presidential nomination

The Broncos have had a good season so far, a bit of that has been the result of Tebows effort late in the game. Is it luck? I don't think God is there to influence the outcome of football games. Players pray to do their best. That is all that they can ask for. Besides everybody knows that God is a Packer fan.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

16 Dec 2011 07:49 #124 by Rockdoc

Photo-fish wrote: There are a lot of outspoken Christian NFL players. There is nothing that Tebow has done or said that other players have not in the past. Tebow just seems to be the lightning rod for this topic. I would bet there may be a small part of him that is embarrassed by all the attention or concerned that it will be a distraction from the team performing their best.

IMO this is a very extreme case of the media feeding the public interest. If they did not report about it so much and if 'Tebowing' had not entered the picture, he would be just a good rookie QB that has faith. The hype is a bit much right now, IMO, and you see it everywhere including the race for the presidential nomination

The Broncos have had a good season so far, a bit of that has been the result of Tebows effort late in the game. Is it luck? I don't think God is there to influence the outcome of football games. Players pray to do their best. That is all that they can ask for. Besides everybody knows that God is a Packer fan.

Good points. I especially like your speculation that Tebow might be a little embarrassed by it all. A hint of that being correct is when he corrected so journalist about it being Tebow time and he said it was Bronco time.

The improbable string of wins late in games is what sets this story apart from others. The fact that Tim has faith has little to do with it other than the fact he is a devout Christian. So are many other athletes. He has become a lightning rod and I imagine it only makes it harder for him to keep his focus on doing his job.

I suppose if there even is a God, he could be a Packer's fan. So does that mean if they win it all again this year that he (God) had a hand in it? LOL

16 Dec 2011 07:50 #125 by AspenValley
Who is Tim Tebow and why should I care?

16 Dec 2011 07:56 #126 by Rockdoc

AspenValley wrote: Who is Tim Tebow and why should I care?

Tim Tebow is a football player. There is no compelling reason to care unless you like people who are straight laced, don't allow fame to dominate or change who you are and spend your considerable energy reaching out to people in need. oh, he is also a very devout Christian and that seems to overshadow all else.

16 Dec 2011 08:02 #127 by AspenValley

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Tim Tebow is a football player. There is no compelling reason to care unless you like people who are straight laced, don't allow fame to dominate or change who you are and spend your considerable energy reaching out to people in need. oh, he is also a very devout Christian and that seems to overshadow all else.

Oh.

Yet another too-good-to-be true overpaid sports personality. Forgive me if I don't fall over in admiration, too many of these "saints" seem to go down in flames in sex or drug scandals for me to become their adoring fan.

16 Dec 2011 08:15 #128 by navycpo7

AspenValley wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Oh.

Yet another too-good-to-be true overpaid sports personality. Forgive me if I don't fall over in admiration, too many of these "saints" seem to go down in flames in sex or drug scandals for me to become their adoring fan.

there is no requirement for you to do anything, you do not have to care, listen, anything for that matter. What part do you not get. He is not asking you to do anything for him, he is not forcing nothing upon anyone. The media has hyped this up so much, that is where alot of the problem is. Leave the guy alone and let him do his thing.

16 Dec 2011 08:20 #129 by Rockdoc

AspenValley wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Oh.

You asked, but I did not ask you to become an adoring fan. You are more than welcome to retain your cynical view. And who can blame you given the Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Mark McGuire, Tiger Woods, Floyd Landis etc. etc. Rarely do you see anyone of those overpaid sports personalities actually become a worthy role model. Time is the litmus test in this regard. TIm is just starting. But there are some genuine athletes such as Roger Federer who is as good an ambassador for Tennis as it gets.

16 Dec 2011 09:02 #130 by AspenValley

navycpo7 wrote: [What part do you not get. He is not asking you to do anything for him, he is not forcing nothing upon anyone. The media has hyped this up so much, that is where alot of the problem is. Leave the guy alone and let him do his thing.

And what part do you not get? I just wanted to know who this person was that was causing all this controversy, and when I found out, I simply said "ho hum, another over-hyped sports star."

He (and everybody interested enough in him to give a flying F) can do whatever the heck he (and they) want. I don't see how failing to care about him or his agenda/reputation/whatever is somehow not "leaving the guy alone".

I assure you this post is absolutely the last thought I will waste on him.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds