Why Are Anti-Christian Bigots So Eager to Prey On Tim Tebow?

18 Dec 2011 14:51 - 18 Dec 2011 18:35 #181 by Arlen
Here is another:

Leftwing Rabbi: Tebow-mania Will Lead to Mosque Burnings or Something
12/14/2011

Oceans of ink have already been spilled chronicling the exploits of Denver Broncos​ quarterback Tim Tebow​, not only for his heroics on the field the past two months but also for his devout Christianity. Tebow isn't shy about his religious beliefs and he's certainly not the first athlete to pray to God.

Yet sure enough, along comes someone named Rabbi Joshua Hammerman writing in The Jewish Week with possibly the most unhinged "insight" into what could happen with further success by Tebow.

In this country, nothing, not even God, is more popular than football. Even in the wake of a summer long labor dispute, 23 of the 25 most watched TV programs this fall have been NFL games. When you combine the religion that is football with the religion that is religion, the mix can be dangerously flammable.

Dangerously flammable, as in the mayhem this jerk says could follow if the Broncos improbably win the Super Bowl.

First, it appears Hammerman's judgment is clouded some by his devotion to the New England Patriots​.

While the Patriots are adored by their fans (myself included), to many nationwide they are regarded as the Sons of Darkness, with their perfectly coiffed Hollywood quarterback and their brilliant – one might say diabolical – hoodie-clad coach. And, oh yes, the most identifiably Jewish owner in sports. Tom Brady​, Bill Belichick​ and Bob Kraft​ are all upstanding citizens, moral exemplars in their home communities, but in this Oberammergau of the Rockies, they are playing the role of Pilate.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=48148
(link added)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2011 17:28 #182 by outdoor338
already the tebow haters are happy, right gop?

18 Dec 2011 17:37 #183 by Reverend Revelant

outdoor338 wrote: already the tebow haters are happy, right gop?

I couldn't give two sh*ts... I don't pay attention to sports at all. I was simply making an observation. I don't hate him, I don't love him, I wouldn't care if he died. Why am I suppose to love or hate him. Can't I just have an opinion? Oh... I know... I'm not really a man if I don't like sports. I should be hanging off a tailgate right now, drunk off my ass, waving a orange tee shirt... and getting ready to run someone over on the road on my way home.

Oh... be careful on the roads in the morning... Bronco fans get nasty the next morning after a lost.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

18 Dec 2011 17:47 #184 by Hoot Owl

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

I couldn't give two sh*ts... I don't pay attention to sports at all. I was simply making an observation. I don't hate him, I don't love him, I wouldn't care if he died. Why am I suppose to love or hate him. Can't I just have an opinion? Oh... I know... I'm not really a man if I don't like sports. I should be hanging off a tailgate right now, drunk off my ass, waving a orange tee shirt... and getting ready to run someone over on the road on my way home.

Oh... be careful on the roads in the morning... Bronco fans get nasty the next morning after a lost.

Lose Lost and loose all mean different things, get it right if you are going to repeat yourself. :pop

18 Dec 2011 18:00 #185 by Rockdoc

THis is where your line of thinking is totally off. I consider myself a Bronco fan and the last thing I would do is get angry. Instead, I'm already thinking about what to learn from it and how to go to the next level from here. Sorry to disappoint you. We've a young team overall, and gaining a mental toughness is what this game ended up being all about. Now it's time to grow some more.

18 Dec 2011 18:02 #186 by Reverend Revelant

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

THis is where your line of thinking is totally off. I consider myself a Bronco fan and the last thing I would do is get angry. Instead, I'm already thinking about what to learn from it and how to go to the next level from here. Sorry to disappoint you. We've a young team overall, and gaining a mental toughness is what this game ended up being all about. Now it's time to grow some more.

You're sober.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

18 Dec 2011 18:34 #187 by Soulshiner
They sure did cut to shots of TT on the sideline a lot, especially when he had nothing to do with the current play.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

18 Dec 2011 18:37 #188 by Rockdoc

Soulshiner wrote: They sure did cut to shots of TT on the sideline a lot, especially when he had nothing to do with the current play.

Yes. I took note of that too. I suppose they expected to find something newsworthy. Perhaps now, the focus can remain on football?

18 Dec 2011 18:50 #189 by outdoor338

18 Dec 2011 19:23 #190 by 2wlady
How many times did TT Tebow during the game?

I didn't watch, so was one of the lucky ones.

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds