Oil Execs Say Obama Lead Us To "Energy Abyss"

24 Feb 2012 11:29 #11 by JSG

Joe wrote: There is that "record" profits again. LOL

Apple, Google, Microsoft etc. etc. are making record profits too. So is the SP500 for 2012.

The difference is the heads of those companies aren't complaining Obama is leading them into the Abyss (which appears to be on the way to the bank, as far as the oil companies go).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2012 12:25 #12 by Photo-fish

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

24 Feb 2012 13:41 #13 by Rick
Perhaps we could use this thread to educate ourselves on what an oil subsidy actually is and why getting rid of them would be good, bad, or make little difference. If any of you would like to counter this article, please do so...I'm all ears.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/plu ... -question/

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Feb 2012 13:48 #14 by LadyJazzer
I'll look at countering your article when you answer my question:

And by the way, losing $60 Billion to "loopholes" is NOT the same thing as giving a $4 Billion SUBSIDY to the oil companies... I'm still waiting for that source for Apple, Google, or Microsoft, et al....

24 Feb 2012 13:51 #15 by Rick
I understand you can't counter the article yourself...I'll wait for someone who can use logic and reason to make the argument for you.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Feb 2012 13:51 #16 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: I'll look at countering your article when you answer my question:

And by the way, losing $60 Billion to "loopholes" is NOT the same thing as giving a $4 Billion SUBSIDY to the oil companies... I'm still waiting for that source for Apple, Google, or Microsoft, et al....

Your cut and paste button must be wearing down.

24 Feb 2012 13:55 #17 by LadyJazzer
I'm still waiting... Deflect all you like...

24 Feb 2012 13:56 #18 by LadyJazzer

CritiKalbILL wrote: I understand you can't counter the article yourself...I'll wait for someone who can use logic and reason to make the argument for you.

And I'll wait until I get answer before I bother with another deflection.

24 Feb 2012 14:10 #19 by Rick
I'm not deflecting anything, I just entered the thread and am asking my own questions. You can continue your argument with whoever you want but me...I have my standards.

George Orwell

24 Feb 2012 14:12 #20 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote: I understand you can't counter the article yourself...I'll wait for someone who can use logic and reason to make the argument for you.

And I'll wait until I get answer before I bother with another deflection.

Thank you for the response, it's classic.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds