Oil Execs Say Obama Lead Us To "Energy Abyss"

24 Feb 2012 08:18 #1 by Blazer Bob
"Energy: Industry leaders gathered in Houston say rising fuel output comes in spite of, not because of, the president's policies and the pain at the pump will soon be excruciating.

Energy executives and other industry players gathered for the North American Prospect Expo (NAPE) in Houston shredded administration assertions that it is opening up areas for oil and gas exploration and that its policies are responsible for increased oil and gas production on President Obama's watch.

"These have been the most difficult three years from a policy standpoint that I've ever seen in my career," Bruce Vincent, president of Houston oil and natural gas producer Swift Energy, told the Houston Chronicle."

http://news.investors.com/article/60206 ... rial%20RSS )

Insert standard Bush did it too here______________________.

Insert standard deflection here__________________________.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2012 08:21 #2 by LadyJazzer
Wow... Oil Execs Say Obama Lead Us To "Energy Abyss"

You can hear the surprise in *MY* voice. Next you'll tell us that the too-big-to-fail Banks are upset that Obama went after the slimeballs that were gambling with everyone else's money...

Who knew?

24 Feb 2012 09:44 #3 by JSG
This would be more believable if the energy companies weren't making record profits...

Insert standard Obama is leading us here _________________________________

24 Feb 2012 10:18 #4 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, if they're being led to the "abyss", perhaps they can return the $4 Billion/year in federal tax-breaks they're getting...I'd rather see that stay in the treasury....

24 Feb 2012 10:21 #5 by LOL
There is that "record" profits again. LOL

Apple, Google, Microsoft etc. etc. are making record profits too. So is the SP500 for 2012.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

24 Feb 2012 10:25 #6 by LadyJazzer
Perhaps you can show us where the U.S. Government has given Apple, Google, or Microsoft $4 Billion in tax subsidies (while they were making their billions the "old fashioned way"--by earning it)? I'll be waiting for that source.

24 Feb 2012 10:30 #7 by LOL
Subsidies, loopholes, etc. etc. Not just for the oil companies.

Google has mastered it too. Same for Obamas buddies at GE. LOL

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-2 ... holes.html

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

24 Feb 2012 10:32 #8 by LadyJazzer
Oh, you mean the corporations that PAY NO TAXES?... I believe it was the Bush tax-codes that created that little loophole....

Boy, you're still grousing because Obama hasn't closed the sh*t left behind by the GOP/Bush tax-policies? You need to get a life...or better talking-points.

And by the way, losing $60 Billion to "loopholes" is NOT the same thing as giving a $4 Billion SUBSIDY to the oil companies... I'm still waiting for that source for Apple, Google, or Microsoft, et al....

24 Feb 2012 10:41 #9 by Blazer Bob
http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/2 ... idies.html

"August 24, 2011, 2:07 pm
When the Left has talked about oil and gas subsidies, I have generally nodded my head and agreed that any such things should be eliminated, just as they should be eliminated for all industries. They have in the past thrown out huge numbers for such subsidies that seemed high, but I have not really questioned them. But then I see this chart at Kevin Drum’s site"...................

24 Feb 2012 10:59 - 24 Feb 2012 13:22 #10 by LadyJazzer
Well, good... Then we can eliminate these subsidies and keep the $4 Billion in the treasury. I'm up for that.

My, my... Isn't this interesting... If you read the original article from whence this chart was taken, (instead of the neo-con interpretation of it), you get a different picture:

Green Scissors is an amalgam of liberal, conservative, and good-government groups, and you won't likely agree with every one of their recommendations. But after skimming through the report I found a lot to like. They claim to have found $380 billion in wasteful spending over five years, and even if only half of their recommendations are worthwhile that still amounts to nearly $40 billion per year. The entire report is here. The table below shows just their targeted cuts in fossil fuel subsidies. They've also got sections for nuclear energy, alternative energy, agriculture, transportation, and land management. Bon appetit.

http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2011/ ... g-spending

So, that isn't an "accounting" of the $4 Billion in subsidies... It's a table of suggested "targeted cuts" in fuel subsidies...

And by the way, losing $60 Billion to "loopholes" is NOT the same thing as giving a $4 Billion SUBSIDY to the oil companies... I'm still waiting for that source for Apple, Google, or Microsoft, et al....

Nice try....

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds