Oil Execs Say Obama Lead Us To "Energy Abyss"

02 Mar 2012 09:15 #81 by LadyJazzer
See, even Greenspan called Bush on his lies for the justification of the unnecessary war in Iraq.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Mar 2012 09:27 #82 by Rick
Gee, I didn't know they let the Fed chair in the war room..who knew?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Mar 2012 09:51 #83 by JSG

CritiKalbILL wrote: So how many barrels of oil did we manage to steal from Iraq (if that was our goal)?

Iraq exports 163,684,000 barrels of oil per year to the United States (448,000 barrels per day).

02 Mar 2012 09:52 #84 by LadyJazzer
The core problem decades ago is the same today: The United States holds less than a 2% of the world's oil reserves, but consumes 25% of the world's oil. We can't drill enough to overcome that disparity.

So regurgitate your bumper-sticker phrases about "drill, drill and drill some more."--It won't change the numbers, or the reasons.

The only thing the Oil Execs have been lead to is the Bank...

CritiKalbILL wrote: Gee, I didn't know they let the Fed chair in the war room..who knew?

Gee, I didn't know one had to have been in the war room to look back at events and figure out that Bush lied.

02 Mar 2012 10:37 #85 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: The core problem decades ago is the same today: The United States holds less than a 2% of the world's oil reserves, but consumes 25% of the world's oil. We can't drill enough to overcome that disparity.

You have out of date info, due to fracking, new estimates say the Dakotas have about the same reserves as Saudi Arabia. And the more sources of oil that exist, the less dependent the US will be on one source going off-line.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Mar 2012 10:45 #86 by LadyJazzer
Oh, so all the new fracking and drilling means that we're producing more than we ever have....including under Bush.. Got it...

And if the numbers are off, they're off by little more than a couple of percent... Which won't even make a dent in the 25%-consumption...

(Not to mention all of the lies that have been documented about the "jobs" (which won't actually be created), and the fact that the junk pushed through the pipeline is destined for the nearest port where it can be sold at world-market prices, which will make the price-at-the-pump go higher...)

Nice try... :Koolaid:

02 Mar 2012 10:57 #87 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: Oh, so all the new fracking and drilling means that we're producing more than we ever have....including under Bush.. Got it...

And if the numbers are off, they're off by little more than a couple of percent... Which won't even make a dent in the 25%-consumption...

(Not to mention all of the lies that have been documented about the "jobs" (which won't actually be created), and the fact that the junk pushed through the pipeline is destined for the nearest port where it can be sold at world-market prices, which will make the price-at-the-pump go higher...)

Nice try... :Koolaid:

Let me guess, you flunked out of Economics 101, the more sources, the more power the buyer has with suppliers to keep prices lower. Even better if you have a pipeline from a stable neighbor bisecting the country. Just because the pipeline goes to Houston, doesn't mean all the oil has to go to Houston. It can be diverted to Ohio, to Colorado, all over the US.

If you are the owner of the pipeline, it makes no sense to ship it to China, if the US will pay the same rate without shipping costs added on.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Mar 2012 11:11 #88 by LadyJazzer
You keep drinking... :Koolaid:

The lies about the pipeline and the (non-existant) job-numbers don't get truer by repeating them.

02 Mar 2012 11:18 #89 by JSG

FredHayek wrote: Just because the pipeline goes to Houston, doesn't mean all the oil has to go to Houston. It can be diverted to Ohio, to Colorado, all over the US.

My car doesn't run on oil. It runs on gasoline, which means the oil needs to be routed through a refinery.

02 Mar 2012 12:06 #90 by Mary Scott

JSG wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Just because the pipeline goes to Houston, doesn't mean all the oil has to go to Houston. It can be diverted to Ohio, to Colorado, all over the US.

My car doesn't run on oil. It runs on gasoline, which means the oil needs to be routed through a refinery.

I was surprised to find an oil refinery in Commerce City.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds