Oil Execs Say Obama Lead Us To "Energy Abyss"

28 Feb 2012 18:23 #51 by LadyJazzer
No...I'm not... But if it makes you feel better....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Feb 2012 06:12 #52 by FredHayek

Joe wrote: It seems like there are 2 choices regarding the Canada pipeline:

1. Expand refinery capacity in Montana, WY or ND and pipe it in from our friendly Canada neighbors.
or
2. Pipe the oil all the way to the gulf where the refinery capacity exist today.

Or we could ignore the US energy needs and hope the tooth fairy fills the underground tanks at the Conoco stations so they are available when we pull in to "fill up". :)

Or we could buy Obama's Chevy Volts! Seems like few have shelled out the $40K lately. How many of you are driving Volt, Leafs, or Chinese Codas?

$10 gas is what the enviro left wants but they don't think about how it will harm the economy and make life tougher on working people. They claim to be for the working man but sure aren't when it comes to cheap energy.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Feb 2012 08:55 #53 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote:

1. Expand refinery capacity in Montana, WY or ND and pipe it in from our friendly Canada neighbors.
or
2. Pipe the oil all the way to the gulf where the refinery capacity exist today.

Or we could ignore the US energy needs and hope the tooth fairy fills the underground tanks at the Conoco stations so they are available when we pull in to "fill up". :)

Or we could buy Obama's Chevy Volts! Seems like few have shelled out the $40K lately. How many of you are driving Volt, Leafs, or Chinese Codas?

$10 gas is what the enviro left wants but they don't think about how it will harm the economy and make life tougher on working people. They claim to be for the working man but sure aren't when it comes to cheap energy.

Can you provide any support for your statement re $10 gas desired by enviro lefties?
Did not think so.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

29 Feb 2012 09:36 #54 by FredHayek
Obama himself has been quoted that he thinks gasoline should be priced higher. (The speech was before he was President.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Feb 2012 12:03 #55 by archer

FredHayek wrote: Obama himself has been quoted that he thinks gasoline should be priced higher. (The speech was before he was President.)

And what does that mean? What was the price of gas when he made that statement....and did he say how high? I think most everyone knows that we have fairly low gas prices compared to Canada, the UK, and other European countries. That still doesn't indicate where the statement for enviro lefties wanting $10 gas came from.

29 Feb 2012 12:20 #56 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Obama himself has been quoted that he thinks gasoline should be priced higher. (The speech was before he was President.)

And what does that mean? What was the price of gas when he made that statement....and did he say how high? I think most everyone knows that we have fairly low gas prices compared to Canada, the UK, and other European countries. That still doesn't indicate where the statement for enviro lefties wanting $10 gas came from.

How about a current remark... is 2-28-2012 a current enough statement for you?

DOE working to wean U.S. off oil, not lower prices

The Energy Department isn’t working to lower gasoline prices directly, Secretary Steven Chu said Tuesday after a Republican lawmaker scolded him for his now-infamous 2008 comment that gas prices in the U.S. should be as high as in Europe.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/02 ... z1nng0gFQW

It looks like he is CURRENTLY still sticking to his previous statement. Glad I could help. Don't thank me.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

29 Feb 2012 12:26 #57 by Reverend Revelant

Something the Dog Said wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

or

Can you provide any support for your statement re $10 gas desired by enviro lefties?
Did not think so.

Well yes I can... Chu said "Somehow, we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to levels in Europe,” said Chu. When he made that statement in 3/2011 the price for a gallon of gas in Europe hoved around $10 a gallon. And he is currently sticking to his statement, as I posted above.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/30/flash ... z1nnhFrtaO

29 Feb 2012 12:29 #58 by Reverend Revelant
And by the way... the Democrats are a bit concerned too!

Worried Dems pressing Obama on gas prices

Congressional Democrats are ramping up pressure on President Obama to tap the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) to prevent rising gas prices from threatening the economy and their election-year prospects.

They are growing anxious that the price of fuel could reverse their political fortunes, which had been improving due to signs of growth in the economy.

Republicans have hammered Democrats on the price spike, repeatedly noting that gas prices — now at $3.72 per gallon for regular — have doubled since Obama won the White House.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/2131 ... gas-prices

Obama is up against a lot of pressure to stop pandering to the enviros and get something done.

29 Feb 2012 13:15 #59 by archer

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

archer wrote:

How about a current remark... is 2-28-2012 a current enough statement for you?

DOE working to wean U.S. off oil, not lower prices

The Energy Department isn’t working to lower gasoline prices directly, Secretary Steven Chu said Tuesday after a Republican lawmaker scolded him for his now-infamous 2008 comment that gas prices in the U.S. should be as high as in Europe.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/02 ... z1nng0gFQW

It looks like he is CURRENTLY still sticking to his previous statement. Glad I could help. Don't thank me.

I didn't see anything about President Obama saying gas should be $10/gallon in that article. or about what enviro lefties think about it. What is an enviro leftie anyway?

29 Feb 2012 13:20 #60 by archer
Gas prices were nearly $4.00/gallon the summer of 2008, in Canada we paid over $6/american gallon.....they go up, they go down. When Democrats complained about the high price of gas we were told that Bush was not responsible for that.....the president can't fix gas prices......so why do you all think Obama suddenly has a magic wand to fix them if Bush didn't?

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds